It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drugged up by Mountain Dew? Contains a painkiller and psychiatric medication?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by NellahB
Back in the 70s I was Tab drinker. Never thought of anything harmful in the drink.

When I was pregnant in 1988, doctor told me not to eat or drink anything diet/lite ... well, if diet/lite was harmful to my baby, why in the world would I drink/eat it anyway. Wouldn't it also be harmful to mama??

I had heard that newborns receive a little needle prick on their heels to be tested for PKU (PHENYLKETONURICS) which causes retardation in babies!!

I realize that corn syrup is other drinks is bad too but I'd rather take my chances with a real Coke than a diet/lite anything else.

I would stay away from corn syrup also, it is GMO in soda drinks. They still make coke with real sugar in it, you can buy it in bottles.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1

Originally posted by Griffo
reply to post by Smell The Roses

Phenylalanine is a naturally occurring amino acid and is also found in chocolate. That's why chocolate makes people happy. Put your tin foil hats away everyone

But the levels of it in coca is so small that it harmlessly passes through the body. Products embedded with it have it dominate the product which causes the chaos.

Nothing passes harmlessly through the body, most toxins store themselves in your fatty tissue and after your body has had enough it will break down and you will be sorry !!! Trust me on this.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by dnvrliz

No that's not true. They will only store in your fat cells if the drugs are lipid soluble (dissolve in fat) quite a lot of synthetic drugs (I presume that's what you mean by toxins) are not lipid soluble, they are only water soluble therefore they cannot be stored in fat cells.

reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Turkey is another food high in phenylalanine. In fact any food high in protein will contain it. You will most probably eat loads of it everyday. Any excess will be broken down in the liver or kidneys. It is only a problem when you have phenylketonuria, they lack the specific enzyme to break down phenylalanine so it builds up to insanely high quantities

It gets converted into dopamine in the brain which is what causes its anti depressant effects.
edit on 23/1/2011 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by skeetontheconspiracy
Reply to post by liejunkie01

Well this is rather odd, I live in northern Kentucky. I am sipping on a 20 oz bottle of Regular Mountain Dew, read this thread and happened to look at the label on the bottle. Couldn't find the warning, looked again, looked again, not there. Why would aspartamebe in somebut not in others? Is it strictly in diet, or throwback? Is it only in some states and not others? Are they targeting certain consumers? This is rather intriguing and slightly frightening.

Aspartame is used in diet foods/drinks because it is a replacement for sugar.
Phenylalanine is not being added to these drinks. It's a breakdown product of aspartame.
Phenylanaline is a harmless protein when found naturally occurring in foods.
In large quantities it may have mild analgesic and antidepressant effects.
The presence of phenylalanine is declared because people with phenylketonuria become ill if they consume even tiny amounts of it.

The good news is that phenylalanine in normal quantities is safe for 99% of us.
The bad news is aspartame is a disgusting poison and should be avoided.

The Deadly Deception of Aspartame

edit on 23/1/11 by Kailassa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Why do people drink this stuff anyway? It tastes awful.

With big marketing campaigns everything sells in sheeple's world, I guess

Ko3

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted or not, sorry if it's already been mentioned.
Xylitol is extremely toxic to pets. I have seen many emergencies come into the hospital that were chewing gum related...so beware of substances that you may leave around...most people wouldn't think a gum would be toxic.

Ektar

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join