It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Raps Population Control, Bans Valentine's Gifts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Iran Raps Population Control, Bans Valentine's Gifts

www.euronews.net

20/01 13:02 CET

"Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has criticised population control as an “imperialistic project” based on a “humanist and pleasure-seeking” approach to life."

“Propaganda such as ‘do not get married if you’re afraid of poverty’ or ‘low population is key to prosperity’ are among the evil measures to scare people from doing good deeds,” Ahmadinejad said in a meeting today with the managers of the central Yazd province, according to his website."...

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Okay....

The article goes on further to state:

"However, lovers in Iran may have trouble finding presents for Valentine’s Day this year. A ban has been imposed on the production of gifts, such as cards and boxes with symbols of hearts or roses, for the February 14 celebration that is named after a Christian saint, according to media reports citing the head of union for printing works."

Interesting. I never knew they even celebrated
Valentines Day over there.

Guess they won't be this year....huh?

www.euronews.net
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 20-1-2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by manta78

The young people in Iran (especially the major cities) have access to Western ideas/propaganda/etc. via the various media outlets, most especially the Internet. This crackdown on Valentines has been going on for a long time and invariably leads to the Clerics issuing some order proclaiming it against morals/values of Islam. It happened last year, it will happen next year... the Clerics will do what the feel they must to protect the young adults from becoming influenced by the West, while the young adults will continue to seek more personal freedom (as they become more exposed) to the world outside of Iran.

edit on 20-1-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Wow im not even kidding I thought the title read 'Iran rapes population, control ban violent gifts'...my curiosity was peeked...shame on me.

Good article btw- but i do not agree with everything he says...and isn't he being a little bit hypocritical. He criticizes population control- yet he is banning valentines gifts because of western influence...umm ISN'T -THAT- population control!?
edit on 20-1-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
that is one of the most ridiculous laws ever! I mean they are celebrating that holiday to show love with one another

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
that is one of the most ridiculous laws ever! I mean they are celebrating that holiday to show love with one another

Ummm it's a CHRISTIAN Saint... kinda looks bad for religion to celebrate the oppositions holidays while cutting the throat of a woman for converting to Christianity

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I agree. He is just storing up further problems for himself. the young people will still look to the west for freedom and a more liberal lifestyle. I am sure that it will all be driven underground as even if it is a law it will be unenforceable.

The man is a jackass!
edit on 20-1-2011 by tiger5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by starwarsisreal

Ummm it's a CHRISTIAN Saint... kinda looks bad for religion to celebrate the oppositions holidays while cutting the throat of a woman for converting to Christianity

Give you a star and agree with ya don't let me remind of you kosovo, 90% Albanians are Islamic and Kosovo is an corrupted state by NATO.
edit on 20-1-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Well sure, who needs romance when you can justify a good ole' fashion State-Sponsored Rape-Fest, and not have to walk home with your head down when the only present you could afford was the surplus decapitated heads on sale down at "Chop-Chop Square".... Happy Valentine's Day!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Here's a new video from youtube.com on this ban:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by manta78

No Valentine's for your sweety?

That sucks.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Makes you wonder how many people there will
ignore the ban, if any

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
He criticized izrael, we all know thats not allowed. Then he stated that 9/11 was an inside job. Strike two. Now he's not going along with the de-population climate change propaganda?

Bad bad man.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Wish they would ban Valentine's day here, it's seriously the most pointless of holidays. Not to mention the fit that we (guys) get most of the time after we fail to remember.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by manta78

"Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has criticised population control as an “imperialistic project” based on a “humanist and pleasure-seeking” approach to life."

“Propaganda such as ‘do not get married if you’re afraid of poverty’ or ‘low population is key to prosperity’ are among the evil measures to scare people from doing good deeds,” Ahmadinejad said in a meeting today with the managers of the central Yazd province, according to his website."...

Or in other words, I need more slaves, preferably impoverished and not seeking pleasure or humanist ideals, so they dont rebel. That guy is either nuts, or pursues his own interests instead of interests of his people.

edit on 21/1/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

Or in other words, I need more slaves, preferably impoverished and not seeking pleasure or humanist ideals, so they dont rebel.

Of everything I read hear the above statement seems like it might make some sense as to why. More important though I think we need to hear from some one in the country, Iran that is. All of the comments hear are just opinions the best insight will come from some one in the country.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
The valentines day hype is just one more way of creaming money from the masses, right back into the bank accounts of big business. It's all part of the 'keep the masses diverted, feed them trash and take their money' scenario, and a means of perpetuating the false romantic ideal - which, if you take a look at society - has no real substance to it at all.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

Interesting point, but I don't think that they
will respond or comment on the matter.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

As much of the world celebrates Valentine's Day this week, we bring you a snapshot of how people mark the day in Tehran, Iran's capital. The holiday is not approved by Iran's Islamic government, but unofficially Valentine's Day has caught on, especially among the young. In her short video, Iranian-American filmmaker Shaghayegh Azimi captures the giddy atmosphere of the day, as she speaks to people on the streets, in the malls and gift shops, and in cafes where couples are out on dates.

"At first, I thought it was a negative thing that Iranians are imitating a Western holiday," says Azimi. "I thought it was a sign of some kind of identity crisis. I also thought it was cheesy. But in the end I found they were just doing it because they thought it was fun."

Short video included
PBS - Valentine's Day in Iran

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Did you read that wcitizen?

"But in the end I found they were just doing it because they thought it was fun."

Fun!

Thank you LadySkadi

edit on 21-1-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join