It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[RINGS] A New Clue

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   
"you found the number you need
o "

Now, what?

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   
now we scratch our heads again & still come up with 'nothing' lol

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
deep.access has o for the title, maybe you solve the math equation, and enter the answer in deep.

Just a guess though

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   

you found the number you need
o

"o" is not a number.
So it could mean "0" (Zero).

o
Hex = 6F
Decimal = 111

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Was it post 8754 we had? I think that is what they are trying to tell us. o being the circle thing.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Correct, thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's topic is 'o' and it has a huge .gif of a circle.

No clue where to go from there.. I've probed into the dopie fella that's apparently banned.. scanned all of his posts and see no reason he was banned.. might be something to look into more perhaps..

As for the gif.. gif's cant be hosts to steg's to my knowledge, so theres no hidden files in the pic.. I tried uncropping the gif to see if there was hidden material:

With gifs, you can crop it, save it and will be able to uncrop the gif at a later time to see the uncropped pic..(the cropped portions arent deleted) remember reading about it in some HTTV article about one of the show's hosts.. she took topless pics of herself, cropped them and some computer nerds uncropped them and spread her topless pics all over the net..

But I'm unaware of ways to uncrop.. so maybe someone can look for a program that does this.. I tried uncropping it in MS Word but I doubt it has the features needed.. no clue

Edit Add:

I did some research about the cropping of pictures. Apparently, when you crop jpeg's it saves a thumbnail of the uncropped data. Called a EXIF thumbnail. I looked into all the programs and theres no way to extracted cropped data from a .gif -- dead end.,]

[edit on 11-7-2004 by rwsdakota]

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Also want to put this post in this topic.. to help minimize the hoping around between threads:

Originally posted by AnonymousPoster4
Thread 8754 is where the circle is.

8+7+5+4=24

24/2 (2rings)=12 (the number we needed)

The bytes of the o photo are 2163

2+1+6+3=12 (again, the number we needed)

12/24=2

8754+2163=10917

8754-2163=6591

10917+6591=17508

17508/12=1459

1459/12=2 (2 rings)

10917-6591=4326

4326/12=360.5

360 is a circle.

Very odd.

[edit on 11-7-2004 by AnonymousPoster4]

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
well first off dopie was banned because he was a nother member that was banned and came back. all your number stuff is useless. but o is the 15th letter in the alphabet and o was the number we needed it says that on ftr so o aint a number but 15 is maybe 15 was the number we needed. so far everything u have given us is useless.stop spamming
just a cover up

[edit on 7/11/2004 by machinegunjordan]

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Are you the same dude that had the basketball avatar? If so, nough said.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
yes that would be me the only person that isnt making a dungeons and dragons game out of this.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
No AP4, MGJ is that really clever dude, the one who knows 'o' is the 13th letter of the alphabet, when everyone else thought it was the 15th. Genius...

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
ok... We found the o at www.abovetopsecret.com...

o is what we are looking for. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now... I remembered Simons letter having strange o`s in it. www.abovetopsecret.com...
On that same thread.... look at amatines post at the end of the page:

Check out the title of thread 2: Above Top Secret 3.0 � Moderators Only � Trash Bin � urgent 0,1,3,4

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Interesting...

The letter is from 2 and the message is by on thread2 posted by 2.
The decoded message is quote: 040904 i have been found our messages on this site are now discovered secure all data stop all uploads the old line was actually our 5th contact we have been betrayed xxxxxxxxx 2 9

Ok, here is where the coincidences start.

Now, look at the Anagram.....
for you a final task now to take ... straight forward
the beginning is the end ..........The ATS link is the last tab
from the ancient start you know the count.... Start at ATS
complete it is
of them all you must not be ............. Must not be a moderator/admin to play
unexpected it will be ..... something not allowed in
pass through and see of them all you will not be ...... go through all the forums
of the many you will see .... we will see many of them
there is one this one be ...... we are looking for one we cannot go in
the end is the beginning ................. it will be at the end.. the CosmicTopSecret for admins only is the last link right under the SETI@Home
the ancient art of the number ..... urgent 0,1,2,3,4 (this is in counting order)
go get the ring

ok... now.. the cosmic top secret is for mods only. The Thread2 posted above used to be in Moderators Only. There is nothing special about thread 2, but maybe we need to figure out where we are allowed into the mods only area to get to this trash can as the ring may be in there. Or there is the 040904 in the decoded message with 9 at the bottom. hmmm.... but some strange coincidences.

Quite interestingly www.abovetopsecret.com... says...
�Above Top Secret 3.1 � dead zone � � Sorry, you are not permitted to view this forum

I have tried a few numbers, but what is this dead zone thing?

[edit on 11-7-2004 by JCMinJapan]

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
spam spam spam..

MGJ -- you're one to talk about spamming.. while I agree, you've done a pretty good job with the hunt, leave other members alone, they're only trying to help out too and be involved.

Maybe I shouldn't say anything but I couldn't let this one go.

It's a game, we know that and people want to play, just play the game and don't worry about what other people post and why they do it... just as I should be doing now...

after all I can show YOU WHO has been spreading the spam on the hunt forum as well as some others...

nuff said... let's play the game...

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
www.atsnn.com...

trying this link gets a little more interresting...

this is the only thing i can see there:
"Posted by:
On: Wed December, 31 1969 @ 12:00 GMT"

edit: i wonder what happened on that particular day?

[edit on 11-7-2004 by darkspace]

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
sorry, it only seems that i have found a bug of some kind. the same happens when another number that is not attatched to a "story"

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkspace
www.atsnn.com...

trying this link gets a little more interresting...

the link to post goes to the www.abovetopsecret.com... thread which is in the dead zone

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
yes, i noticed that, but what is the dead zone?? it is not the trash can for sure...

is it the movie? or the series www.scifi.com... beats me. i am going nuts soon over this "hunt" lol!

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
if you ask william one sac what the dead zone is he would tell you SO is away so dont ask him. if i told you guys you would accuse me of spamming so ill leave it at that.i also mentioned the funny o's in the letter but then people said i was spamming.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by machinegunjordan
if you ask william one sac what the dead zone is he would tell you SO is away so dont ask him. if i told you guys you would accuse me of spamming so ill leave it at that.i also mentioned the funny o's in the letter but then people said i was spamming.

Why is everyone whining? Just play the game or don`t. If you do not feel like sharing, then do not mention it. Why do half of the posts involve people bickering? This has gotten too tiresome now.

Good luck all

[edit on 11-7-2004 by JCMinJapan]

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   
who is whining
btw, i don't consider anything in this thread spamming. just hints and clues. maybe a bit long posts, but it is not too long. yet...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join