It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A.N.W continues to make Ufology look stupid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
There are existing threads about these hoaxers, but the main one was locked quite some time ago. I feel Mike Cohen and his site deserve another thread because he's now trying to milk the Wikileaks UFO stuff for all it's worth, claiming to have inside knowledge of top-secret UFO documents.

He even quotes an alleged classified document on his site. What he fails to do, however, is provide a link to the Wikileaks source document like any reputable site would.

Meanwhile, Cohen is now spamming the Facebook walls of various people I know. Others have already blocked him for his shameless spamming. Is there no end to ANW's self-promotion and chicanery?
edit on January 21st 2011 by greeneyedleo because: edit title as to not give ANW anymore publicity

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I'll add that even now, as we speak, there are people on ATS linking to news articles which cite ANW as their source, thus creating the illusion that ANW is credible.

All that is necessary for the triumph of BS is for mainstream journalists to be lazy.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
All News Web is not a problem but a symptom. The real danger to UFO research is not All News Web but the UFO believers. All News Web would not survive if it did not have an audience eager to regurgitate its nonsense.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by WingedBull

A fair point.

If no one subscribed to his BS then he wouldn't keep on doing what he's doing.

Anyway, those that care know what my opinions on M. Cohen are.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by flightsuit

Why is that site so shocking? You see similiar types of claims here on ATS. For example about a month ago on All news web there was an article claiming that they had inside sources that Obama was going to disclose UFO evidence within a month (Its been about a month now) which yes, is ridiculous.

Yet, when Obama was elected, there was a plethora of threads here all claiming he was the "Disclosure President"
(something that it seems like the UFO community says everytime there's a new president) and that disclosure was imminent. If you google Obama UFO disclosure 2009, youll find links to threads here and prominent UFO websites saying within months he would be disclosing the truth.

So the kind of stuff you see on ANW is the same type of stuff you see here.

on another note, regarding the wikileaks about UFOs, I think its rather telling that the soviets considered UFOs to be in the same light as healers and the paranormal.
edit on 21-1-2011 by NavalFC because: adding.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

I don't like em coz Cohen is a giant douche.

Apparently I'm a member of a right wing para-political group in WA...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavalFC

Why is that site so shocking? You see similiar types of claims here on ATS...

...So the kind of stuff you see on ANW is the same type of stuff you see here...

Yes, but when that kind of stuff is posted here, it is rigorously debated.

ATS is my "go to" site for any extraordinary claim, because I can always count on the open-minded skeptics here to counter-balance the True Believers.

ANW, on the other hand, asks readers to be completely uncritical and accept every extraordinary claim at face value.
edit on 21-1-2011 by flightsuit because: fixed typo

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
The problem is with ANW, is that MC is not posting topics to debate unlike here at ATS. But writes what he feels actually is fact, giving no way to debate.

I've kept tabs on that site for years, and the stuff he posts is laughable, claiming that obviously CG is real footage.

Just one of many one-sided sites feeding BS to anyone that will listen (and click on his banner ads).

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I've seen Cohen attempt to debate people on another message board, where he very obviously created multiple accounts. When somebody very clearly proved that Cohen had been trying to pass of a Wikimedia Commons photo of a helicopter as a UFO pic, Cohen completely failed to address their proof, and instead went on a tirade that basically amounted to saying, "I know UFOs are real. It would be a good thing if more people believed this, and therefore it is fine for me to falsify data if doing so fosters that belief. And you are an evil disinfo agent for trying to expose my lies."

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by flightsuit
I'll add that even now, as we speak, there are people on ATS linking to news articles which cite ANW as their source, thus creating the illusion that ANW is credible.
Can they do that? I thought ANW was blocked by ATS due to its lack of credibility. Here's a test link to ANW: www.--.com...

All that is necessary for the triumph of BS is for mainstream journalists to be lazy.
How can mainstream journalists ever stop all the BS coming from places like ANW? Or perhaps I don't get your point?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I think one thing that must be rammed home with ultimate force, is that belief in UFO doesnt make a person gullible. Being unable to use logic and reason to arrive at the truth, and identify utter BS when you happen across it, makes you gullible. I believe that there is a high likelihood that there are extra terrestrial intelligences out there somewhere in space. I wish, by way of membership here and my own researches, to ascertain for myself just what if any evidence there is for visitation, by these intelligences to this planet. However, while some "believers" choose the path of utter stupidity by trying to hybridise science and spirtualism, there are some of us who believe the only path to understanding the phenomena surrounding the UFO isse is scientific study.
We know now that various extremophile creatures on this planet have developed in conditions thought to be impossible for life to take hold in. We have located several hundred planets , orbiting stars, which are of interest because of thier potential for life of some sort, and we now know that microbes discovered on Mars rock which fell to Earth, are not transfer from the terran environment, but original features of the rocks previous locale. There are some very earthy and realist reasons for believing that theres a chance, somewhere out there amongst the stars, there is another culture, another entire biosphere full of wonder to discover. Im sure it will be many centuaries till we develope the technology to observe it in person for ourselves of course, but the principle thinking here is that we cannot know what is out there, until we have seen it. We can neither confirm or deny anything until we have seen every inch of the infinity that is the universe.
Every discovery of a new exo planet, or a space rock with organisms left on it, or a new hint about the chances for life on Jupiters moon Europa or any of the other interesting moons in our solar system, is a hint about what may be elsewhere.
This is the reason that I can believe that there is something to discover in the feild of UFO. If it turns out that UFO are infact human built, and terran born, then we need to know this for a fact, and demand to be let in on the tech that runs them, for surely it would be benificial to the world to know its power systems and understand its workings. If it turns out that UFO are largely extra terrestrial, well we need to know that too. Until we get understanding of the issue as a whole (which really and honestly we do not have right now) then we have no business deciding either way.
I guess what I am trying to say is that even though I utterly abhore the bastardisation of spiritualism and science which many believers subscribe to, I also believe that until all that can be known, is known, and known widely, that we could benifit from researching the matter until we DO know all that can be known. If it reveals nothing more about extra terrestrial intelligence, fine, but total understanding of the phenomena would in all probability furnish us with greater understanding of many things besides just that, and thats why I believe its a valid field for hard science to work in.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
My point is that mainstream news outlets are now so understaffed, and have allowed their standards to slip so much, that many of them will re-run ANW stories or cite ANW as a source without bothering to verify whether the site has an ounce of credibility.

Regarding the linking to ANW content, what I was saying was not that people on ATS are linking directly to ANW, but that they are starting threads about, and linking to, articles on other sites which are nothing more than re-prints of ANW articles, complete with links back to ANW.

For all we know, those other sites may very well be ANW affiliates.

So in this way, ANW shills can get around the ban on posting ANW links here.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Your best bet is ignore any new ufo news and stuff, and look to old stories that have more truths maybe, especially ones not broadcast on those ufology shows.

I do not know what news web is, and will not be bothering to find out.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

I see what you're saying, thanks for clarifying. I don't know who the ANW affiliates are, and I can see them reposting ANW stuff, but I would hope other news sites are more discerning.

If the ANW affiliates can be confirmed, perhaps ATS would block those too like they blocked ANW?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I am, of course, just speculating. It's entirely possible that the sites re-posting ANW content are just gullible, and not directly connected to ANW.
edit on 21-1-2011 by flightsuit because: changed one word.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

I agree with what others have pointed out. ANW is a symptom. It wouldn't exist if not for the legions of ignorant folks that are involved in this subject.

But don't fret about it. I recently gave up worrying about it and you should too. There is nothing you can say or do that will make a dent into the damage that the ignorant have done over the decades to this subject. Your pissing in the wind, trust me.

There will NEVER be absolute disclosure until the public demands it in a manner that they would food stamps of universal healthcare. And that isn't happening anytime soon man....let it go and treat this subject as nothing more than a form of entertainment.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
People need to stop posting stories with examiner articles as the sources..

Examiner is just as "credible" as ANW.

As long as both sites can show up on Google news alerts they will get their hits. People will always take them serious.
edit on 21-1-2011 by AtruthGuy because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-1-2011 by AtruthGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
We are NOT going to give this hoaxer any more free publicity. Ever hear the saying....."even bad publicity is good publicity" Anytime you mention him here - good or bad - you are feeding into his world of fame and hoaxing.

Anything and Everything that needs to be said about this fraud is found HERE.

Closed!
edit on January 21st 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join