It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Memories Spontaneously Resurfacing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I'm beginning to remember songs I wrote a long time ago. Songs that I pretty much just tossed aside.

But, songs are generally based on life experiences, aren't they...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sodakota

Well... you wrote them so were they? Why are you remembering them now? Was it about something or somenoe important to you?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I have always viewed the teachings in the Bible as "literal" and also "ancient," which might have been relevant at some-point, until a few years ago. Most teachings are parable-based, to apply in any case, but those "parabolas" give one pause, to stop and look-at it "from all sides."

Literal and parabolic interpretation; does it equal an answer?

From what Jesus says in the Bible, in the Book of John, a passage states:

"These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father,"
which interpreted literally, means exactly what it says.

It wasn't until Jesus was crucified that he was "glorified," which indirectly relates to "their" time, (and this is important,) but directly relates to a future-time, as ours. This is noteworthy, but what bears the greatest interest, is this, when Jesus says:

"Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. 8And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9Of sin, because they believe not on me;"
and many interpret the "comforter" as the Holy Spirit,

But in the passage following, the meaning is different; suggestions of a future-time perhaps?

When Jesus says:

"Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come,"
and this very group of sentences call a person's attention, to something new; a new perspective?

A "Spirit of Truth," which has an ascribed status, as being possibly, a human being which might interpret a "communication" or "affirmation," of a truth or truths? The (S) in "Spirit" is capitalized, so that imparts a "Higher" meaning, while "of truth" infers a "co-efficient," of sorts, arrangement? When you read "guide you into all truth," is very likely to mean plural and not singular; and a message intended for all. So, there conceivably, could be many "Spirits of truth?"

I think the most-valuable passage is this one which says:

"And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world. 48He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day."
which seems to read, as giving an option to "people who aren't religious or believers," but are inherently good, to obtain salvation. A modern-day interpretation would be as meaning "no one is left-behind," but the truly evil.

But what is ironically ironic about this next message is what intrigues the most. Is this an example of "Fulfilled Scripture?" All signs point to this statement Jesus makes that

"For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
And it's true, he didn't speak-of himself, by reading this, it is obvious that "this quote," is a quote. The inference here is that Jesus is literally "quoting G_d." Does this very statement "prove" G_d exists and "communications" are open "to" and "from" Him? Even in our modern-time? With the Holy Spirit acting as some-sort of "filter" or "fail-safe" mechanism? A deeper insight into the Trinity? Perhaps.

The levels of "rationale" to discern the "Revelation" presented is unique to each individual, but always keep in mind, that even from a writer's stand-point, acting in a "certain synergy," of perspective, the "elements" start to jump-out and grab a person's attention, to the sublime. Possibly a "hint" or "faint" acknowledging of "automatically true," will resonate with the words.

In closing this reply, I find it only logical to end with this passage, of great hope:

"And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves. 14I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. 15I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil. 16They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. 17Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth. 18As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world. 19And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth."

The "Irony" of the "ironically ironic," is verse nineteen, and mentions Jesus "sanctifying himself," in His perspective, and the meaning and inference is clear; crystal clear that the intention is for all to obtain truth, and to "seek" the truth, if one doesn't know truth. But of the truth, does the "affirmation" given here by writing this reply, prove or "sanctify" the content and context as being Truth?

As I have always said, "Why use a lie, when the Truth can stand-up for itself." And the answer to this would be: "Yes, absolutely, very much so, and all the above!"

Sources: All quotations were taken from the King James version of the Holy Bible. No Copyright infringement is intended or inferred. All opinions and statements are the property of their respective authors.
edit on 21-1-2011 by trekwebmaster because: Corrected Errors...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by trekwebmaster

Well. I read half of what u said and couldn't resist going ahead with the thought that came to my mind while it was fresh. There is one spirit, as I see it. The spirit is love. There are many aspects of Love, such as peace, compassion, beauty, etc. All of these things are different qualities that unconditional love has. Another quality is Truth. Truth is light that reveals all obstructions or adulterations of reality which is oneness. Oneness is the ultimate REALity.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Sorry to be long-winded, agreed.

If you believe G_d exists, god exists if You believe; therefore, G_d exists. I somehow see the image of a caduceus when I explore that conceptualization. But essentially, it is the message. And in "typical fashion," combined with "honed" insight, a greater clarity of focus can be enjoyed? How well the meaning warns of negative visualization and emotion that have worse effects; when looked-at on the universal-scale. How this all relates to the "Quantum Physics" and "Quantum Mechanics" level keeps me wondering. How does it all relate?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by trekwebmaster

I think the Universe is somewhat fractal. I believe our Sun is a higher level intelligence. Think about it. The sun is the real creator of earth. It created the earth itself. Then once the giant sphere was formed, it allowed for the existence of life. If the sun were gone, all life on earth would fade away. Since people say God is love, and love is light, then isn't it a fair assumption to say that the source of that light comes from a star and that the star then would have the capacity to love. Since we came from the stars, and we are intelligent, wouldn't it be fair to say that the stars would have had to been intelligent to make us as a lower form of intelligence. When you look at the human form, we have some striking resemblances to stars. No we're not bright lights, but we do love. Our hands have fingers which also give us the ability to create (like the stars do) and the fingers, to me, look like rays of light emanating from the palm of our hands (ball of light)
The Eye: When a star explodes, what is left at the center of the remnants of the star is a black hole. much like our eyes have black holes in their centers. Around the black hole (pupil) of our eye is the color part (Iris) which is perfectly round like a star and gives the eye an electromagnetic reflection, which I believe is analogous to the star in some way I haven't fully gripped yet. Then around the eye you have eyelashes, which resemble rays of light.
There are more relationships to the human and other animal forms to the form of the stars and galaxies.

Here's another analogy. We have black holes in the center of our eyes that absorb light to send signals to the brain to create a mental image. When your pupil dilates, it is absorbing more light. Similarly, black holes in the center of the galaxy absorb light, and probably communicate to some higher cosmic brain (IMO). When more light (Stars) are absorbed into the black hole of the galaxy, the black hole becomes more massive and bigger as well. Just like our pupils. My point is, God literally made man in his own image. And, God is the stuff of the universe. And, Stars are intelligent loving beings and we need to give thanks to the stars for providing us this life. Give thanks and know, that in the presence of the light of a star, communication is possible and the stars are listening and watching and learning.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I haven`t been remember things while I am awake, however I have been having the most vivid dreams beginning last summer. They have gotten increasingly more vivid ever since. Now I have vivid dreams multiple times a night and in the mornings I can recall each dream I had that night. Sometimes my dreams are, like you are describing, resurfaced memories from my childhood, or really from anytime in my life that I had forgotten. One of the really cool things I have noticed lately is that my actual dreams(non memory ones) have gotten so strong in there content it is like I am watching movies. Some of the story lines I swear I could make into movies. What is even cooler now as well is that when I wake up from being in the middle of the dream, if I go back to sleep right away I find myself back in that dream. No more `damn I woke up too soon`, I just simply go back to sleep asap and most of the time I end up right back in that dream.

Anyhow here is a crazy dream I had last fall that shocked me. After waking up I jumped right over to my computer and wrote it all down. I ended up posting it on some dream site, and actually forgot about it until I started writing this post so I looked it up on google. In my dream `someone` or some `being` was teaching me about `time`. Anyhow here it is. It is rather strange....

***start of what i wrote down***

The best way I can interpret 'who' was telling me this stuff in my dream was my 'soul'? or my own consciousness as I don't recall a figure(ex. human, animal), but I just remember 'something' was there and the comfort I felt was that it was 'me'. Weird.

In my dream I was told this information "in terms that you can understand."(these were the words spoken to me in my dream....).

Here goes...

time has already happened.
all of the major events have already been
chosen to happen.
they are defined.
past, present, and future.
it's all already happened.
you cannot change this.
the same rules that you apply to history (ex.
things that have already happened 'reality'
or 'time') you must you must apply to the
future.
it has already happened just as much as the
past.
the future is running simultaneously with the
current and past.

i rebutted asking how this could be, stating
i was living and moving forward with time
using a clock as my example.
i can watch a clock and see seconds, minutes,
hours happen, that i can see time moving
forward/happening like on a clock, so of
course this must be the same as my life.
time is moving forward and the future is
being created as is my life.

i was then told i was looking at it wrong.
a clock came into vision then.
i was asked 'if i move the hands on the clock
forward, are we moving forward in time'
the clock was set with hands at 9 then moved
forward to 11.
i said 'no, your just moving the hands',
then told 'correct, because...'
the minutes on the clock are not time.
the days are not time.
they are counters of moments of time.
you are merely hands on a clock.
that i am just like a clock.
my life is an experience in time.
my own measurement within it.

i was told the rate at which my experience
moves through time can be altered by changing
the vibrational speed my experience is set on.
this can be seen in the use of narcotics,
both legal and illegal.
it can also be altered through thoughts.
by slowing the speed of my experiences vibrations time
will seem to move slower.
by speeding up the vibrations, time will seem
to move quicker.
there are certain vibrations i can
handle(both slower and faster)
there are certain vibrations i cannot.
if i change the speed of my vibrations to one
that my experience cannot handle it will find
a way to end itself(my experience).
that i should be weary of those with different
vibrational patterns of your own.
this can be harmful to you.
everyone does not run at the same vibrational
speed or follow the same patterns.
like vibrations attract.
so do opposites.
it is the in between that are dangerous.

i asked if my life is merely my own
experience here in 'time, and my experience
is moving through time on its own individual
vibrational speed, a speed i am able to
alter, and i merely the 'hands on a clock' in
time where past/present/future is all
happening simultaneously, then how come i
can't move back in time, and only forward?
if past/present/future is all
running/happening at the same moment then by
these laws it cannot possibly only moving
forward, but must be also running backwards.
again i asked how come it's not possible for
me to move backwards?

i was told 'are you certain about that?'.
the clock that was used as an example before
when i was asked 'if i move the hands
forward, does this mean we have moved forward
in time', that had it's hands stopped at 11
was then wound backwards to 9:57.

then i woke up. it is 10 am.

That was the end of what I wrote down. All I can say is that it was very strange, very strange...

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Thank you for your reply! That's an interesting perspective...Maybe for a year or so now, I feel my consciousness really has started to expand, it mostly started with bad/traumatic memories resurfacing, and once I made my peace with those, the good things started coming up, and then I started getting what I call the random, un-important memories, so I guess all parts of me are finally re-integrating back into one...I guess it doesn't take a genius to figure out that we are simply becoming more aware of ourselves, and we are finally more in control of all sides of us...good luck to everyone in their own self-discovery journey and enjoy it! I'm humbled at the fact that so many of us are going through this same thing at the same time....we're all lucky to be here now

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by loagun

I used to write down my dreams and lucid dream. I left my body a couple times and had a few lucid dreams. I gave up trying after a while.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I have had a few lucid dreams in my life I know, but nothing special. I have always wanted to learn how to induce them properly, and since I suffer from sleep paralysis(when your brain wakes up before your body, but only when I sleep on my back) I have read that it is very easy to enter into lucid dreams or have out of body experiences when in this 'paralysis' moment. I am lucky though I know exactly what is going on when I wake up in these moments where I can't move and have to try and wake myself up, unlike a lost of people who panic, or think evil entities or an 'old hag' is sitting on their chest trying to strangle them. I actually do feel quite bad for those individuals because I remember being about 5 or 6 when I just made my own conclusion as to what this 'sleep paralysis' was. I was just like 'oh my brain is waking up first'. I always thought it was kinda funny that I came up with that conclusion as a little kid, and never thought anything of it until I actually learned about sleep paralysis online in my early 20's and basically that is exactly what it is. Your brain wakes up before your body.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by loagun

I woke up one time and immediately i felt an evil presence in the room with me. Then an alien materialized in the room beside mine and walked into my room and started doing something inside my stomach. He was able to go inside my stomach like you would imagine a ghost could. He didn't move from point A to B to C to D to E etc. He moved from point A to C to E to G to I etc. The alien looked so real, and the way he moved was so bizarre and out of this world. He looked me in the eye while he was working in my stomach. What would have taken a human 5 minutes to do, he was able to do in about 10 or 15 seconds. Being in this being's presence is like being in the presence of pure evil, and could easily match the description of any demon. He looked like your typical 5 foot big elliptical eyed skinny long necked alien with a big alien head. Do you think it was a sleep paralysis hallucination or an alien encounter? Personally, I think it was real because it looked so much of what you hear about aliens looking like, and it was vivid and life like enough to be real.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by loagun

I learnt from that dream, wow. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I think you were probably sick and the sickness was the evil. The alien was a imagined, but the energy was real. It was your having an outer body experience. You were repairing yourself.

edit on 23-1-2011 by squandered because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Were they pleasant memories? I had the same experiences when I was about 17. It was bad because I had a very unpleasant childhood. These dreams and memories got so bad that I felt I was the same child and going through the same horrible experiences.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChiForce

Were they pleasant memories? I had the same experiences when I was about 17. It was bad because I had a very unpleasant childhood. These dreams and memories got so bad that I felt I was the same child and going through the same horrible experiences.

Most of them were negative. However, I got hit with another memory last night that took me back to probably one of the happiest times in my childhood where I was around people that loved me a lot, and was having a real good time. I wrote this post because I heard about "time-wave zero", and a cleansing of negative energy from the past that is supposedly going on right now, and I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this at this time.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Had this a lot few months ago. Many memories from life radomly popping into my head.

This was followed then by the people I have meet over my lifetime appearing in my head. I think almost every person I met must have popped up at this stage. Mostly I just smiled when thinking of them. Sometimes wondered what they were doing now. Odd occasion feeling a little regret at how we parted. This went on for weeks and did genuinely wonder if my time was up. I kinda felt my time was drawing to a end. I'm not sick or old but just thought with this going on something was definitley headed my way. No fear associated with it though. This has now stopped and haven't expierced so far in 2011.

I did wonder if other people were expierencing this but thought I might freak people out a bit if I brought it up with any friends/relations.

(wasn't negative experience. mostly enjoyable/neutral)
edit on 24-1-2011 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

Had this a lot few months ago. Many memories from life radomly popping into my head.

This was followed then by the people I have meet over my lifetime appearing in my head. I think almost every person I met must have popped up at this stage. Mostly I just smiled when thinking of them. Sometimes wondered what they were doing now. Odd occasion feeling a little regret at how we parted. This went on for weeks and did genuinely wonder if my time was up. I kinda felt my time was drawing to a end. I'm not sick or old but just thought with this going on something was definitley headed my way. No fear associated with it though. This has now stopped and haven't expierced so far in 2011.

I did wonder if other people were expierencing this but thought I might freak people out a bit if I brought it up with any friends/relations.

(wasn't negative experience. mostly enjoyable/neutral)
edit on 24-1-2011 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)

Yeah, the thought has crossed my mind that I might be dying soon, and this was like a pre-cursor to the "life-review" they say you have when you die.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Wow! You did dredge up an old memory. I have not thought about this poem in ages, but it was the first one that popped in my mind after reading your post. This was and still is one of my favorites.

I went to the Garden of Love,
And saw what I never had seen:

A chapel was built in the midst,
Where I used to play on the green.

And the gates to the chapel were shut,
And Thou shalt not writ over the door;

So I turned to the Garden of Love,
That so many sweet flowers bore,

And I saw it was filled with graves,
And tomb-stones where flowers should be,

And priests in black gowns, were walking their rounds,
And binding with briars, my joys & desires.

Written by William Blake

I had to cheat a bit to follow the ATS rules. I could not remember who wrote it.

edit on 18-7-2011 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Wrong spelling of the author's name.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join