It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Memories Spontaneously Resurfacing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
This has been going on for a couple weeks and I was wondering if anyone else has been experiencing this as well.
I find myself spontaneously remembering something from my childhood in somewhat vivid detail. It feels very strange when this comes about probably because it is something very random but it seems meaningful. I feel the way I felt during the time when the event actually took place. Its just random memories that pop up in my head and I feel the way I felt during the actual event. Anyone else?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this because I've read somethings about this being a time of getting rid of negative energy from the past and am wondering if this has something to do with it.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

I know exactly what your saying

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Yes, i have recently remembered an incident from when I was a young, one that was totally not remembered. It didn't resurface randomly, it was in response to something that was being said to me and I was totally confused about why the person was saying what they were saying. Later that night, it popped into my head. The incident I remembered is one that was suppressed I guess. It was a shock to remember it. I need to deal with it, I think, somehow, because it could be part of the reason I have some of the problems I still have.

I read through this thread again and you said something about getting rid of negative energies... can you elaborate? Maybe this is why I have remembered this thing.
edit on 20-1-2011 by Ellie Sagan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

This happens to me to, but instead of it being memories, it is usually dreams. I often will remember a dream randomly throughout the day that I could of had maybe 2 or 3 years ago that I totally forgot and it just comes back to me instantly as if it were fresh in my mind. Usually there is no reason that I can figure that this happens. It may be triggered by a stimulus like food- but I haven't figured it out just yet.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedish

This happens to me to, but instead of it being memories, it is usually dreams. I often will remember a dream randomly throughout the day that I could of had maybe 2 or 3 years ago that I totally forgot and it just comes back to me instantly as if it were fresh in my mind. Usually there is no reason that I can figure that this happens. It may be triggered by a stimulus like food- but I haven't figured it out just yet.

Yes. This has been how it is for me too. I have also been remembering random dreams. Dreams that I had forgotten about are also resurfacing.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

May I ask, are you a christian?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

I've noticed the same exact feelings before, absolutely random bits of information, feelings, images and the whole experience of something so random and long forgotten that it must have been a spurt of subconscious thought sprinkling its way through accidentally touching two neurons at the same time or something, it's crazy and I know exactly how you feel. I always think, man I should write this down but I'll remember it now that it's resurfaced, but I always forget again, because nobody ever talks about things like that! It's so short and sweet sometimes that it passes right under us without even noticing.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Could be normal or nothing but I to am experiencing that lately, even a bit more so then before. Just random flashes of a memory that you've forgotten all about and yet it's shown so clearly as if you never forgot it.. Perhaps our spirits are growing?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Let me start off by saying that being a Christian is in no way relevant or important to the biological mystery of random memory occurance. Secondly, religion in general is a joke and is in no way relevant to the salvation of your soul, whether you believe in Jesus or Allah, your soul will be treated according to the actions and decisions you have consciously made and the rewards or consequences that ensue will balance your place in the universe perfectly and you will have a second and third chance at life and redemption because there is no thing as eternal hell silly boy! Think about it! Religion is to Spirituality as Marriage is to Love...One is important, the other is just for legal reasons-
;-)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Kody27

I just asked a simple question- I didn't want to get into a debate. If you aren't a christian then that's fine. I was mainly wondering for myself because I am a christian and God says that in the last days he will pour out his spirit onto all flesh. So I was wondering if this phenomena had any to do with that verse. Again I didn't mean to start anything-it was just a question- but maybe you should pause for a moment and ask yourself why you feel the need to explain yourself to me...i really wasn't trying to condemn you or anything
edit on 20-1-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-1-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I often have constant trains of memories resurfacing to the point where I feel I just inhabited my body from the past.

I'm fairly sure that your bodies organs are releasing their physical memory. That's why it seems random.

Personally I like it... If nothing else an old memory is less likely to be lost and overall I feel like I am a more whole person when all parts of 'me' are present.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Kody27

Let me start off by saying that your post is in no way relevant or important to the biological mystery of random memory occurance. Either is knocking someone else's religion. If you think someone's views of life are a joke - fine, keep it to yourself.

That being said, yeah OP I follow exactly what you're saying. I usually don't remember many of my dreams but lately I've been remembering a lot of them. It's odd because they're things that have happened to me in real life that I thought I forgot about, not some fantasy dream. I find myself remembering things from when I was 3 years old and I have a terrible memory

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

You may. I am a Buddhist. I do, however believe just about everything the Bible says and fully recognize Jesus Christ as who he is and what he did for us. But, I believe that Jesus isn't the only person who descended from a higher realm to come to a lower realm to provide such a service in this Universe. So in other words, I don't doubt the existance of Muahammad or Buddha or any spiritual leader such as Jesus. But, am I a Christian? Yes and no. I think any religion is an adulteration of absolute truth, and there's more to life that what any one book limits its explanation to.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Perhaps you should take a look at Memory's Shock's posts, they are not your average threads and as such many if not the majority tend to avoid.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
This is really weird....how come everytime something is bugging me, somebody starts a thread about that exact thing? For a couple of months now, I find myself getting flashes from my life years ago, perfect memories of random instances from my childhood, perfectly detailed scenes I never remembered before....they're mostly small unimportant things, even so, they can really surprise me...It's strange, but I feel like maybe I'm just knowing myself better, and I'm getting more in touch with all deep aspects of me, hidden sides of me coming out....or maybe it's important that we all remember our lives better, maybe this will be info that will be useful to us in the coming times...who knows...I don't have a good theory, but I'd really love to hear one...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by starloveiai
This is really weird....how come everytime something is bugging me, somebody starts a thread about that exact thing? For a couple of months now, I find myself getting flashes from my life years ago, perfect memories of random instances from my childhood, perfectly detailed scenes I never remembered before....they're mostly small unimportant things, even so, they can really surprise me...It's strange, but I feel like maybe I'm just knowing myself better, and I'm getting more in touch with all deep aspects of me, hidden sides of me coming out....or maybe it's important that we all remember our lives better, maybe this will be info that will be useful to us in the coming times...who knows...I don't have a good theory, but I'd really love to hear one...

This then verifies the validity of the prophecies in my mind. I read that this was a time of clearing negative energy from the past. I speculate that its purpose is to lessen the effects of the past for when time as we know it ceases to exist. Some say that this is an era where time is speeding up. I don't know exactly why, all i know is that this resurfacing memories phenomenon has been foretold.

I believe we are about to witness an expansion of consciousness which includes the cessation of linear time to where past present and future all occur at once. I believe the memories (especially negative memories) spontaneously resurfacing is the precursor and preparation of this great transformation that is taking place now.

March 11th is, according to the Mayans, is the beginning of the 9th wave, which is the beginning of Unity Consciousness. I am already perceiving such Unity, but so far haven't been able to perpetuate the perception for long periods of time.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

I do, however believe just about everything the Bible says and fully recognize Jesus Christ as who he is and what he did for us.

Are you sure you believe that? Jesus said on many occasions that He is God, and that He is the -ONLY- way to heaven.

Matthew 1:23 - “Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,” which is translated, “God with us.”

2 Peter 1
"1Simeon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to those who did obtain a like precious faith with us in the righteousness of our God and Saviour Jesus Christ"

John 5:23 - "that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him."

John 10:30 "I and the Father are one."

John 14:6 "Jesus saith to him, `I am the way, and the truth, and the life, no one doth come unto the Father, if not through me;"

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

I do, however believe just about everything the Bible says and fully recognize Jesus Christ as who he is and what he did for us.

Are you sure you believe that? Jesus said on many occasions that He is God, and that He is the -ONLY- way to heaven.

Matthew 1:23 - “Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,” which is translated, “God with us.”

2 Peter 1
"1Simeon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to those who did obtain a like precious faith with us in the righteousness of our God and Saviour Jesus Christ"

John 5:23 - "that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him."

John 10:30 "I and the Father are one."

John 14:6 "Jesus saith to him, `I am the way, and the truth, and the life, no one doth come unto the Father, if not through me;"

Yeah, I'm sure. And let me share with you a few moments of enlightenment I have had.

Once, during meditation, Jesus showed part of himself to me. What Jesus showed me is that he is Peace.
It says in the bible that he is the prince of peace. Peace that passes all understanding. Quite literally so. I understood Peace in a way that most people never get to. I was shown that peace is a vital part of love. There truly is no way to the Father (love), but by him (peace). To reach love, you must be at peace with yourself and with others. Then you can begin to truly love yourself and others. Love is many things.

I have seen exactly how Jesus is one with God. Both are light. Light is love. Jesus is human, but has a brilliant radiant light surrounding his body. When you are in the presence of this light, you feel ecstacy. This light is a quality of God. The light is god. The light is the Holy Spirit. There is only one light of love, and all who posses this light are one with the father.

To take the bible further into areas undiscussed by the scripture, whenever we love unconditionally, we posses this spirit as well. One day, mark my words, there will come a time when we will be like angels, and we too will be one with God. We too, will retain our human form, as the process of evolution of consciousness will not have at that point been completed, but will be a grade higher from where we are, nonetheless.

So to say I am a Christian is an understatement. I do not limit the light of truth to any one book's teachings. Truth if found within. We are made in God's image. I bet you don't know how or what this even means do you?

Most Christians as well as most people that remain within their comfort zone of religion will never know what real truth is, because they are afraid to leave their comfort zone. If I had not left my comfort zone, I would not have made the philosophical discoveries that I KNOW to be true. One of those is what exactly it means when the Bible says we are made in God's image, and how you can see an aspect of God by looking in a mirror. So do you know what it means? If you don't, its probably because you remained in your comfort zone, and like most people around the world, could not accept anything that isn't in the bible. But I tell you, the Bible undoubtedly limits the truth. AND. It is only when you leave your comfort zone and search for the truth that you can really understand in depth MOST of the concepts conveyed in the Bible.

I respect the bible very much. However, if I would have never left my comfort zone of "Religion", I would have never understood what the bible meant. My point is, there is more to reality than what you are being told. That is, not to say that what you are being told isn't the truth. I'm just saying that it's just part of it. So I invite you to leave your comfort zone. Accept what other people believe to be true. For people believe what they believe as much as you believe what you believe, so you can't dismiss anything. Therefore, accept everything, and if it does not resonate with you as truth, then it isn't, but if it does, then believe that it is, because it probably is. This is the Buddhist way. I'm not saying stop believing in Jesus and start believing in Muhammad or Buddha, I'm just saying that you can believe in Jesus and still believe some things from the quran or any other spiritual/theological text.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Well that exact thing happened to me today at work. I'm sitting at my desk and memories from child hood pop into my head. They were not happy memories... they were sad. It actually made me feel icky. So i was sitting there trying to figure out what brought it on. Maybe this is a cleansing stage. I hope so b/c I need to let go of alot of negative energy. I feel that mine has dragged on for about 5 years now and its time to let go and move on...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join