It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Violent Seismic Activity Tearing Africa in Two

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
And even more evidence of the cataclysmic events that are slowly and progressively occurring on Earth as a prelude to the pouring out of Yahweh's wrath and judgment.

Father is nature and nature is Father - think about this as you witness the many unusual events taking place each day.

Source: www.spiegel.de...

The fissures began appearing years ago. But in recent months, seismic activity has accelerated in northeastern Africa as the continent breaks apart in slow motion. Researchers say that lava in the region is consistent with magma normally seen on the sea floor -- and that water will ultimately cover the desert.

The earth is in upheaval in northeastern Africa, and the region is changing quickly. The desert floor is quaking and splitting open, volcanoes are boiling over, and seawaters are encroaching upon the land. Africa, researchers are certain, is splitting apart at a rate rarely seen in geology.

But in the Danakil Depression, in the northern part of the valley, the ocean could arrive much sooner. There, low, 25 meter (82 foot) hills are the only thing holding back the waters of the Red Sea. The land behind them has already dropped dozens of meters from previous levels and white salt deposits on the desert floor testify to past encroachments of the sea. But lava soon choked off its access.

For now, no one can really say when the sea will finally flood the desert. But when it does, it could go quickly. "The hills could sink in a matter of days," Tim Wright, a fellow at the University of Leeds' School of Earth and Environment, said at a recent conference hosted by the American Geophysical Union (AGU) in San Francisco.

In the last five years, the geologic transformation of northeastern Africa has "accelerated dramatically," says Wright. Indeed, the process is going much faster than many had anticipated. In recent years, geologists had measured just a few millimeters of movement each year. "But now the earth is opening up by the meter," says Loraine Field, a scholar at the University of Bristol who also attended the conference.

edit on 20-1-2011 by ReginaAdonnaAaron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
A portion of Gordon Michael Scallion's Earth Changes Map depicting what Africa will look like:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bff5ba1a12c5.jpg[/atsimg]
media.photobucket.com...

edit on 1/20/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: source

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ReginaAdonnaAaron

seems that this will be an exciting year or a disastrous one cos there is so much going on already

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Thank you for sharing this, Regina! I had not read much about Africa's seismic activity before.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
so Europe, Africa, and Middle East will be wiped off the map? When will this happen? And what will happen to the US?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
If you dig around the ATS search a bit, there have been other posts about this, but not a recent one.

S&F for bringing it back up.

I've read that mountains, lakes, valleys, etc. are able to form in days, contrary to popular geological beliefs. It's not common, but it is possible, and if enough forces are being exerted on Earth, I think we could see part of the desert turn to ocean in our lifetimes.

Could you imaging watching a real-time news feed while the water starts to fill in?

That would be truly magnificent to watch nature unfold that way.

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

No, that is one person's theory and their map.

It is not indicative of anything that is happening in the rest of the world, it was just to show what Africa would look like at the end of the process of a major tear that is becoming a future ocean.

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
s&f i had no idea this was going on scary stuff i mean its not even the end of january and alredy look at whats going on interesting year ahead well sit back and enjoy the ride good or bad life is life we live we die ill take it as it comes but hopefully i live for another 60 years

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

I would be inclined to believe this map if it didn't have Atlantis popping up in it. Isn't Atlantis just another fairy tale.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Optix
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

I would be inclined to believe this map if it didn't have Atlantis popping up in it. Isn't Atlantis just another fairy tale.

Not necessarily. There has been a lot of research done that would suggest Atlantis is more than just a myth.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Namaste1001

im going to have to do some research on that then.

+23 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Yahweh's wrath a judgment against Africa? Yeah, I suppose there aren't enough people starving and dying and suffering there, nope, not enough for Yahweh's taste anyway. Time for him to get moving on creating some REAL suffering, because all those starving children and impoverished adults have been very sinful.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Listen - if you want an end of the world as we know it story and into fear mongering - here ya go - so the land gives way and creates the flood that divides Africa - that in effect raises the level of the Ocean and as land masses fall into said Ocean. --- Which triggers the unstable area of La Palma (which is also spoken of in Revelation 13: English King James) --- creates a massive tsunami which wipes out the entire east coast of the US etc.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
so Europe, Africa, and Middle East will be wiped off the map? When will this happen? And what will happen to the US?

If any landmasses dip into the ocean, you can be sure that others will be popping up

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

Yahweh's wrath a judgment against Africa? Yeah, I suppose there aren't enough people starving and dying and suffering there, nope, not enough for Yahweh's taste anyway. Time for him to get moving on creating some REAL suffering, because all those starving children and impoverished adults have been very sinful.

Just a thought: You are thinking of "suffering" from a human perspective. I would imagine that things are more calculated than we can ever imagine, in regards to the workings of "all that is".

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
A portion of Gordon Michael Scallion's Earth Changes Map depicting what Africa will look like:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bff5ba1a12c5.jpg[/atsimg]
media.photobucket.com...

edit on 1/20/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: source

well well well... if that didnt catch my eye.

There was an article a couple of years ago about 3 deep sea archaeologists that dove off the west coast of Afrika (the depth goes to extremes off the coast) and I remember from the article that the group found something that "would completely change history as we know it". The only picture offered was that of a rectangular looking structure on the sea bed.

Oh, this GLORIOUS LIFE!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

That area of the world is a geologic spreading zone. Nothing new about it. You might do a little research before you dive into "wrath of God" stuff.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Thank you, RAA, for once again pointing out another major sign of the times. Keep up the work, and Yahweh bless, sister.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReginaAdonnaAaron
Father is nature and nature is Father - think about this as you witness the many unusual events taking place each day.

What, no room for Mother? Everything for Father..? How overbearing of you. Some of us might have trouble with overbearing Father images. Luckily, God is also Goddess for those of us who have had enough of patriarchy.

edit on 21-1-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I think this is all leading up to the real big one not just one continent but the whole planet shaking just like the Hopi Indians said.. Interesting times indeed

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join