It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something to Look Forward too in February

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I thought it might be nice to put some of the doom and gloom aside for a moment and focus on something that appears to be very promising coming our way in February.

The director Tom Shadyac, known for his films, Ace Ventura, The Nutty Professor, and Bruce Almighty, is bringing to us a movie of a different nature. It is called, " I AM The Documentary"

He is stepping out of the box and trying to tackle what is Wrong with the world, and what we can Do about it. Just the preview clip shows much promise imho.

I think this is truly something needed, ie. something in a positive vain, at this point and time. I would love to see or think it may open many more eyes to the possibilities before us besides all the fear and doom and gloom. We do have many possibilities, not to mention capabilities. I think it is Time we become Who we Are.

Anyhow, I thought I would share with you folks, in case you weren't aware and to keep your eyes open for it.

I hope there are others as excited about this as I am. Something positive to look forward to certainly makes my day... How about you?

edit on 20-1-2011 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I wonder how far this will actually make it (ie: theatres, advertising) before the government yanks it or stops it altogether. I do agree that more peoples eyes need to be opened and anyone trying to do that is good in my book.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
S and F!
Thanks for posting, I hadn't heard of this movie.
Looks really good and inspiring!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Looks awesome. I definitely gotta check this film out. I think we all do.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching4it
I wonder how far this will actually make it (ie: theatres, advertising) before the government yanks it or stops it altogether. I do agree that more peoples eyes need to be opened and anyone trying to do that is good in my book.

That's a little extreme in my opinion. I honestly don't think they will try to stop us from seeing this. It doesn't seem like it has anything to do with our government at all.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SamTGonzalez

Originally posted by searching4it

That's a little extreme in my opinion. I honestly don't think they will try to stop us from seeing this. It doesn't seem like it has anything to do with our government at all.

I know, but it seems like the government is trying to keep us from seeing anything that might cause us to be alarmed and whatnot. I wasn't trying to be extreme, sorry if I offended.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4it

I can understand why you might think that way. I would imagine if it started pointing out things like all the free energy we have envented, and that list could go on forever, they might get nervous. I myself hope they point all that kind of thing out. After all it is a movie, so it has to be at least or close to a couple hours long. They have to fill it with something and the trailer looks like it may be packed full. Not to mention the director is no slouch either.

I really really hope it gets strong support. Just think, if it was Academy Award Material, how many thoughts and dreams it could aspire.... One could almost get giddy with the thought!

Im glad I opened a couple eyes to what is coming our way and the excitement for it may be being shared here!

If it is all about rainbows and unicorns, (tongue in cheek here), and the government does pull it, THAT would have to make one wonder wouldn't it????

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
It looks mainstream enough that I don't believe anyones going to try to stop this movie from being shown to the public.
There have been lots of documentaries that make it to theaters and have pretty stunning content.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Excellent stuff, S&F! Can't wait, Thanks!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pittsburgh
Excellent stuff, S&F! Can't wait, Thanks!

You are most very welcome
It makes me so happy to think others may be a little excited about it as well

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

No offense taken. I do agree with your statement, but I'll be damned if they try to take this movie away from us!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

No offense taken. I do agree with your statement, but I'll be damned if they try to take this movie away from us!

Lol atta boy, thats the spirit.... amazing how the thought of peace and positive possibilities can move one as well without someone getting hurt isnt it?!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

I agree 100%. Isn't it incredible how even the smallest amount of love and positive energy can overthrow the most hateful emotions?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Thanks for pointing this out, we really need to counter the gloom with some positive stuff.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Not trying to derail this thread, ( Looks like a great movie, by the way), but there is another documentary coming on February 8th...it's called "Iranium". It's a movie about Iran's nuclear and world domination ambitions. It was supposed to be shown on Jan. 19th at the "Library and Archives" building in Ottawa, but on Jan. 17th it was canceled due to "complaints". (which, later it was found, came from the Iranian embassy) At 4:45 on the 19th, the building was shut down and all events canceled and at 5:30, ambulance, police and firefighters arrived due to a threat. The National Archives of Canada had received threats and 2 suspicious letters, but by 7 pm the letters were "cleared", but by then the entire showing had been canceled. BUT.......

The screening is back on!!
www.politicsdaily.com...

Here is a preview:

www.iraniumthemovie.com...
edit on 20-1-2011 by Tasty Canadian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Tasty Canadian

I watched your video and I must say, if there was ever a black and white comparison of positive and negative, this would be these two videos.
I
I am a pretty easy going person, so I won't be all in a tiz about your effort to not derail the thread as some might have been or would be.

I will say, your post just left me thinking of why would anyone want to exercise their Right to own something of mass destruction? That would be like me thinking I have a right to be a jerk so I will be, as much as I have a right to Understand why you may have felt the need to post that. Rights... blah blah blah.... people really need to chill and get back to basics.( I will stop myself here as it could be another thread all its own and probably belong in the rant forum!)

I myself would like to think I can still smile and share something Good in this mire of muck we have found ourselves entwined in.

Thanks for sharing though. it does give a perspective to things.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I absolutely agree. That being said, and as much as I look forward to seeing" I AM", I think that we must also be aware of evil, and diligent in our attempts to fight it so that we can indeed share our peaceful connections.

Actually, I was going to start a separate thread on this, but since the topic was Feb. videos....well.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tasty Canadian

Actually, I was going to start a separate thread on this, but since the topic was Feb. videos....well.

I think you should start a thread about this. I think it would get a lot of controversy from the members here and it would be a shame for it to be lost in this thread as this one seems to have a had a short life!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by onehuman

Lol atta boy, thats the spirit.... amazing how the thought of peace and positive possibilities can move one as well without someone getting hurt isnt it?!

Thanx! I am all for anything that is hidden from us coming out to the public for our knowledge. To the OP thanx for letting us know about it and the other guy posting about the "Iranium" doc too. I am definitely going to try and watch both. I love watching anything that leads us to finding out stuff we need to know. S&F!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
S&F!!! Man is it time that they finally use their power for the over all good of society. We need more of this!! Thank you for making this post. Waking people up and getting them to think for themselves. To have a better understanding that we have a gift here. We should all take this to heart. Question yourself and ask "What can I do today to make a difference?" "A simply smile can brighten up the entire world." Oh how true that is. It contagious. I hate to keep bringing in one liners but they summed it up on the movie Good Fellows... "May the best of your past, be the worst of your future!" Cheers!

new topics

top topics

join