It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World is sinking: Dubai islands 'falling into the sea'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Dubai will become the greatest symbol of human excess/stupidity/greed/frivolousness when the desert finally swallows it back up. Sadly it will be the hundreds of thousands of enslaved lower class workers who will perish there while the megalomaniacs flee in their private accommodations. A trillion dollar ghost city in the desert, too fantastical to be a mirage.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I don't think that they are sinking. These are the islands that they built about 5-10 years ago.
Funny how people think that man made objects or structures will last forever.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
I don't think that they are sinking. These are the islands that they built about 5-10 years ago.

The sand the island is made out of is not man made, its ocean bed sand. Its not fine sand its the kind of sand that is already used to naturally make island theyve just sped up the process thousands of years. They have great structure surrounding the main hotel that is the symbol of Dubai that absorbs the shock of the oceans waves. These islands arent sinking.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Secularist

The sand the island is made out of is not man made, its ocean bed sand. Its not fine sand its the kind of sand that is already used to naturally make island theyve just sped up the process thousands of years. They have great structure surrounding the main hotel that is the symbol of Dubai that absorbs the shock of the oceans waves. These islands arent sinking.

They aren't sinking but the ocean is rising. Isn't this obvious? Global warming, melting of polar ice caps?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
The word "irony" comes to mind.

Man, I needed a good laugh today. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Secularist

Let me rephrase. The islands were man made. Remember when they were doing all the ocean dredging, and creating the islands? That was about 5-10 years ago.
I did not mean that the sand was man made.

If the islands were supposed to be there, then they would have been created by nature.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Let me rephrase. The islands were man made. Remember when they were doing all the ocean dredging, and creating the islands? That was about 5-10 years ago.
I did not mean that the sand was man made.

If the islands were supposed to be there, then they would have been created by nature.

Its ocean bed rock sand. Theyre just piling a ton of it together to make an island. Its speeding up the process of nature. There is nothing dangerous about it. The islands arent sinking.

Nature didnt make the Twin Towers. What destroyed those? Terrorists. Neither the construction or the destruction of those were as a result of nature. Just because nature doesnt put an iPad in your hand doesnt mean its dangerous and unstable

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Namaste1001
These are unnatural man-made islands. If we keep trying to dominate nature like this eventually nature is going to fight back.

I'd like to add: Dubai isnt the world.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Originally posted by Secularist

They aren't sinking but the ocean is rising. Isn't this obvious? Global warming, melting of polar ice caps?

Global warming is an obvious fact but thats why they have prepared for it. I cant go into detail about their shores because I dont know all about it myself I just know what they have there. Theyre walls that prevent water from hitting the land and washing away the people. They absorb the shock of the oceans waves. Dubai, regardless of it being governed by Sharia Law, is a city of the future. Theyve thought this all through. Theyll be unveiling soon the first building that moves ever
Cant wait for that one.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Are think we are arguing the same issue.
These islands really aren't supposed to be.
Thus, they are being reclaimed by nature.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Are think we are arguing the same issue.
These islands really aren't supposed to be.
Thus, they are being reclaimed by nature.

The islands arent sinking, thats what im saying.
Youre saying they are.

And from your last sentence, if nature was "reclaiming" what shouldnt be there then wouldnt it "reclaim" everything from San Francisco to Tokyo?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I agree that they aren't sinking.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Creating an illusion, not unlike,

www.infrastructurist.com...

www.arkinet.com...

www.bloomberg.com...
edit on 023131p://bSaturday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I agree that they aren't sinking.

Oh ok. Gotcha

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I have not read all the posts and I'm not even going to bother too.

OP please in future think about what you are going to call your threads "the world is sinking" cmon because some MANMADE islands are sinking doesn't mean the rest of the world is, please think about it in future.

Thanks

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by simples

Judging from the replies most people realized 'The World' is the name of the group of islands. Zorgon even explained it on page one for those of us that aren't up to date on the latest extravagances and decadence of the super-rich. So you really should read some posts next time.

Ontopic: I couldn't care less about the bottomless wells Dubai throws its money in. My only grievance with this is the fact that the project is financed by Najeel, which is managed by Dubai World, which acts on behalf of the Dubai government, which got rich off of the ridiculous profit margins in the oil industry, which we -the consumers in the west- end up paying at the pump.

As if I didn't feel bad enough about paying nearly $9 per gallon here in the NL...

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
The island are not just built on sand.

They are actually built on the bodies of the slave laborers the entire of Dubai were built on. They are all poor Indians or Pakistanis who are basically skin and bone anyway. So technically speaking they are mainly built of bone.

Bone is pretty strong and flexible. If I had no morals whatsoever, I would buy one.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Namaste1001
These are unnatural man-made islands. If we keep trying to dominate nature like this eventually nature is going to fight back.

Well perhaps this is Nature's way of talking back!

I can't WAIT to see what she has in mind with the space-stations (and junk) we're doing up there!

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

I was referring to HAARP 'finishing' things off. You know, to collect on the 'home' insurance?

Of course this was expected. Like someone so eloquently put it, it was like selling snow to someone forgetting summer was just around the corner (or something like that)

I know this would be another thread in itself but if you don't think they use HAARP for Elite-gain then.......I'm afraid we probably don't have much in common to discuss!

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
wet sand is a fluid.
wet sand on a mud bottom is more fluid.

to build a island out of sand you have to build a barrier around it, large rocks or concrete walls are common.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join