It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO? Australia 10/28/10

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I didn't see this posted in search so............ what are your thoughts on this vid? I know nothing about it.
I need to learn how to embed, if someone can that would be great.

edit on 20-1-2011 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

edit on January 20th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: embed video

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mtnshredder

I think its a very good video and not all fuzzy like most ..looks like a UFO to me ..someone will be in soon to tear it apart
anyhow good find! S&F for you!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mtnshredder
I didn't see this posted in search so............ what are your thoughts on this vid? I know nothing about it.
I need to learn how to imbed, if someone can that would be great.
www.youtube.com...

To embed a video from Youtube, click the SHARE button on the video you want, and copy everything after the "www.youtube.com/", then you simply click the button at the top called "VID: YOUTUBE" and paste that video number.

For example, your video url is: www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWyfW6u5Sqs

But you only paste: watch?v=UWyfW6u5Sqs

Then press OK and you're good to go

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
i like it...

very good find

didn't do anything too crazy, but interesting nonetheless

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SamTGonzalez

Thanks for the help Sam I'll work on that.
and you too Greeneyedleo

The vid was interesting, it's looks to be fairly large, bright and pulsing. It also seemed to slow and maybe even change course very slightly. It's hard to judge this though, I need to watch it a few more times and see what the expert opinions have to say.

edit on 20-1-2011 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Ok lets see here...I didnt really see the light pulsing, at least not in a way that can not be attributed to the camera going in and out of focus, thereby making the light brighten and dim as well as change size slightly as it goes out of focus and the light diffuses.

Looks to me like it could be the ISS, according to the poster on youtube, it was filmed on oct 27 2010, so lets check out where the ISS was on that evening, if it was travelling over any part of australia.

Back with the ISS data:
ISS Passes

We can see that between the 26th to the 28th of Oct 2010 the ISS passed over 10 times, 7 of which would have been during day lights hours, 3 of which in overnight hours, basically between 4 and 5 am. Not sure wich area of Australia this was filmed in, so I choose as the default location the time zone would have been the latest, so if it was an earlier time zone it would be getting closer to midnight.

I cant say with 100% certainty that this is the ISS, but I am confident that is what we are seeing here. I've seen it plenty of times with y own eyes, and many times in videos. When the solar sail is unfurled, it can provide uite the show in the night skies. In fact the sail is unfurled now. Anyone who wants to watch check out the above link and see when it is passing overhead for your area.
edit on 20-1-2011 by youdidntseeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

There's no way that's the ISS, well not 100% definate but i dont think it is.

I only say this because i posted a thread a few months back ( no clip ) thinking i had just seen a UFO in SE Melbourne. It was a very clear night and saw it fly right over and continue on NE for about 2 minutes approx. It was moving alot faster and no where near as bright, then i later found that was the ISS - the ISS page had it flying right over my location at that exact time... so i knew what i saw was the ISS - the object in that clip isnt the same as i saw.

Nice clip OP

Also if you look caefully the object has very slight course corrections here and there. Although there is camera movement, using the stars as reference it does slightly change course or angle. There are also slight changes in velocity, at about 50secs to 53secs i noticed a big change in speed. I say a big change assuming it has a high allitude.

Although i could be wrong.....
edit on 21-1-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Well , there seems to be some debate as to wether this could have been the ISS or not. I wouldnt be suprised if it was, although I take into account what the poster above me says about its appearance. The thing is its appearance can be marginaly different dependant on many factors, including the angle at which light is being reflected off it, what the atmosphere is like in the area at the time (humidity ,pressure, pollution and pollen in the air, and what method is being used to observe it.
In this video , it seems to me that the video is being shot through some kind of long focus device, perhaps a telescope? It would be useful to know exactly what method the camera person used to attain this footage, that might give us a better chance of firm identification of this object.
For now I would throw my weight behind the case for ISS , but you never know.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Thanks for the research and posting the link. I've never seen that site very cool.
What keeps throwing me off the ISS, is that It does seem to slow and change course, subtle but it looks like it does. So I guess you're seeing the same Havick? I do think zooming in and out could also give the perception of changing speed and course change but I'm also seeing it after the zoom is fixed. IDK?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mtnshredder

Thanks for the research and posting the link. I've never seen that site very cool.
What keeps throwing me off the ISS, is that It does seem to slow and change course, subtle but it looks like it does. So I guess you're seeing the same Havick? I do think zooming in and out could also give the perception of changing speed and course change but I'm also seeing it after the zoom is fixed. IDK?

Precisely, the zooming and an autofocus feature on the camera would account for those changes.
It is impossible to to say 100% yes or no unless you had an exact location and an exact time window that the footage was recorded, which is next to impossible to obtain.

But I am confident beyond a reasonable doubt that it is indeed the ISS, which is cool in itself, I love making it outside in time to watch it soar overhead, espcecially with the sails unfurled. Definetly breathtaking to think that is human technology soaring that high above me, so large I ca see it with the naked unaided eye, and even better than that, there are currently humans inside of it as it passes over gracefully.

new topics

top topics

join