It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mods take note

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

LOL.I didn;t either until today,
You take your name from the Deftones song w/ maynard?
That is such a cool track.
Thanks again, cya round

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

As the newest mod, ......

I think its only fair that we blame you .......

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
just my two cents here:

the "we" used in the u2u one gets sent after ones post is deleted isn't the Royal We.

said practice is designed to prevent PP from influencing judgment.

after thinking about it a bit I realized that in my case, that not only was the post in question off the subject but had been childish of me [not to mention more rude to the OP and said Mod than to the intended recipients of my rudeness] and was not the sort of impression I'd like to leave here. in a funny kind of way I'm actually grateful it was removed.

...and then there was a comment that might have actually been a sort of "hand grenade"...
will leave it at that.

however and staying on topic I would like to suggest that when a post is removed [not previously mentioned one] and then put back after the discussion could we get a nice u2u so we don't freak out like I did yesterday, if that's what happened, or some of our more volatile members having a "paranoid moment".

edit on 20-1-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit & additional clarification

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I appreciate all that the mods here do. It is not easy, and it sure as hell is not paid, no matter what anyone thinks.

I've modded a site or two; it sucks, unless you really love and believe in the sites.

I was lucky in that I did.

I posted this that some of the older Mods here might keep a closer watch on some of the younger ones, that's all.

This is and god willing will remain the single best place to cut through the bull# and arrive at the truth.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Im not sure, but in the past i have been on a cosha level with many mods across a serious amount of other web sites and if i was to rate mods that run day to day forum quality, i would more or less place them in the top 5 list. Oh, in the event of how many sites, well, they number the 100's per day.

As for the mods that have the task of answering or maintaining a level of quality, well..., all i can say is that they are human, although i believe some might be aliens...
, others are genetically modified humans through black projects within the nsa and others are simply themselves. In any case, i find it far more productive if you simply u2u the mod for clarification purposes, i myself have had some warnings in the past but that's a normal part of process as i am never 100% on the ball, after all, i am only human, although others seem to think that i live, breath in a world of blowfish in my day to day life...
. Once again...a simple u2u for clarification and your set.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Personally, I prefer those posters who disagree with me. Often, they can even provide information I wasn't aware of, or even sway me from my original position if they are convincing enough, and the evidence is solid. (and I'll likely applaud more for those supporting opinions contrary to my own, if defending it well).

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Personally, I prefer those posters who disagree with me.

Oh yeah?? I don't think so buddy..You are wrong on that one I am sure...

Have you checked and double checked your facts??

Got pics???

pffffft....didn't think so...

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

I've got the applauses handed out to those who did.

In fact, just today, on the Battle of LA thread, I posted that I think my mind is being changed by a poster (even though you can see my own thread on it, for my views). I applauded that member.
It's right in black and white, should you care to check.

In fact, if you contacted most in my "Foes" list (they added me, not me adding them), they'll probably be able to also dig up an Applause or two I gave them.

edit on 25-1-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Debate is a competition of ideas, is it not? You have the affirmative on an issue and the negative side on the same issue.

The forum (not just virtual, but in person as well) is the crucible in which competing ideas are reduced to truth.

It's why, and how we humans can debate an idea without resorting to clubbing each other over the head.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger
I've got five messages called applauses including the site owner.

uhm ... just f.w.i.w.

ya might wish to reconsider that statement ...

15). Posting: You will not Post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate.

... just sayin' ... stars from fellow members maybe, but Not That which you 'claim' .. Yeah. I checked.

Nonetheless ...

We do our best to do our best.

Me?
Let the chips fall where they may....

Sorry, my math and my memory both suck. I am lucky if I remember last night's dinner at my age. So sue me, lol.

I know you all do your best, that was never in question, and this site reflects that quite well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join