It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mods take note

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Without naming names, some Mods here need to learn how to divorce their own opinions from their Modly duties.

I've been a mod on several sites.

Whether I agreed or disagreed with a poster had no bearing on how I ruled.

There are several Mods here that need to grow the heck up, and learn to separate their personal views from their powers as a Mod.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

Banned from ATS in 3...2...1...

LOL i know what you mean though- i remember there was a joke spam forum where the goal was to spam random ridiculous things and the OP was trying to make it into a game. And I got all my comments deleted because they were 'off topic'. And I send a U2U to the mod who did it trying to explain the situation and he didn't even respond. Oh well.

On the same note- I had a mod defend my thread about Jesus from haters in the religious forum because they thought I was proselytizing, and the mod removed a bunch of hateful comments... I guess you gotta take the good with the bad.
edit on 20-1-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-1-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I have noticed comments removed that were on topic, not derogatory, and shouldn't have been removed. They comments did follow the T&C's.......... yet the staffer/mod who removed it obviously did not agree with somone's opinion.

What they need to do is have any comment removed to be passed on to at least 1 other mod or even 2 to make sure the comment is being removed for proper reasons........

It's funny all the rules they have here are for a good reason......... but some mods need to be checked.

How bout it ATS........ have removed comments be checked by multiple mods.... to ensure what this site was intended for is being followed by staffers too.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
No mod action is done without extensive discussion behind the scenes. Mods that enforce their own prejudices as apposed to the terms and conditions of use will not last long as mods...I say this as a 6 year staff member.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I would liken it to being in my own house, if you don't like the rules and regulations, please move on to more constructive parameters as this is my house, my rules.......

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

KL, I know how hard you guys and girls try. It is just a little frustrating to get warnings when a post is on subject and target.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by savageheart

Coward.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
any posts removed or actioned are typically the result of multi-mod convenes and/or conferenced-consensus.

any members wishing to contest said removals or actions are more than welcome to file a 'complaint.

if nothing else, said member can be assured that their complaint is available for All Staff to see and render or pass an opinion on ... with some Often even being RE-adjudicated afterwards.

we're not perfect. we're human ... striving solely to enforce adherence to the T&C agreed to.

we trip, stumble, fail and endeavor for the same, no matter ... much as the vast majority of members here ... as well.

*reach down. grab the bootstraps. go again.*

edit on 1/20/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Good job OP........ look what you did. Now were gonna be on the "list" for commenting on your thread....

haha......... j/k but really...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Believe me, I know how hard it is to mod a site.

If any mod wants to pm me I'll give my creds.

It is just that some Mods here need to realize that just because they disagree with a position, does not mean they should intervene.

To me, this whole site means a place to compete in ideas.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by 11PB11

LOL.

If I had lived my life in fear, I'd never had gotten this old.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I have never had a problem with how this place is run.
Don't kick the gifthorse in the mouth and wipe your feet before entering.
Simple.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Guess you never had any controversal contribution here huh?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by freedish

Let 'em ban me.

I don't think that will happen though. I've got five messages called applauses including the site owner.

And who gives a #e if they do?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger
To me, this whole site means a place to compete in ideas.

To 'compete' or 'Put Forth'?

There is a difference...

It's not a game nor competition ... but merely a venue by which to discuss, debate, voice and/or state one's opinion on the myriad of subjects and topical focuses which transcend the 'alternative' - that which isn't, for the most part, covered nor mentioned elsewhere.

Those seeking to 'compete' are typically the same ones looking for a 'platform' from which to launch Their 'efforts', if you will.

ATS is not a Platform, but it is a Venue .. free for All and Open to most Any opinion, stance or otherwise stated point of view ... aside from the often all to obvious hate-speak, agenda-laden, or attempted 'launches' by folks looking to gain further traction for Their ideals.

It don't work that way, here.

Do 'mistakes' happen' and emotions or personal considerations Occasionally come into play?

Sure they do, but we strive, Truly, to do our best in Only enforcing adherence to the T&C agreed to ... in as black and white a fashion as possible .. in the end, with the T&C reigning Supreme.
We're only human, too - after all.

Nah. This aint no sort of 'Rah-Rah' post with regards Staff being the end all, be all ... just that we Do make a conscious and concerted effort geared towards leveling the playing field for All Members who participate on the boards.

That each and Every is afforded the same No Matter how outlandish or abrasive their thoughts may be - within reason, mind you.

Hell ... for that matter we've #-canned members of staff who took it upon themselves to 'talk' to Members in a manner contrary to the same T&C ... we've ALL agreed to.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

reply to post by DrumsRfun

Guess you never had any controversal contribution here huh?

Nope not a big threadmaker or attention seeker or glory hound.
I just like the site and have dealt with a few mods and they have always been fair with me and as another MEMBER (yes they are members first) has already mentioned,people are people.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I've got five messages called applauses including the site owner.

uhm ... just f.w.i.w.

ya might wish to reconsider that statement ...

15). Posting: You will not Post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate.

... just sayin' ... stars from fellow members maybe, but Not That which you 'claim' .. Yeah. I checked.

Nonetheless ...

We do our best to do our best.

Me?
Let the chips fall where they may....

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

reply to post by freedish

Let 'em ban me.

I don't think that will happen though. I've got five messages called applauses including the site owner.

And who gives a #e if they do?

Oh, atta boy! Nice attitude! I see now why you are complaining and also why...
nevermind.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
It can't be me, I just got here

No need to be insulting even if things are ruled unfairly which I'm sure does happen, like it will on every single large forum.
Your point is better made through friendly dialogue and constructive criticisms.
We need members to hold Mods to account as well, it's all part of the process.

Anyhow, glad to make your acquaintance Dark

I hope I can live up to your expectations

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Hey Ask! I didn't realize you were Mod. Cool!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join