It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FAA warns of ongoing GPS issues in southeastern US due to Defense Department 'tests'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ADUB77

I think I read or saw this somewhere. When the magnetic poles shift, for a time, there are multiple poles and this in turn weakens the magnetic field that protects our earth Something about it being spread out over many small magnetic circuits instead of on big one. This allows all sorts of fun things to leak in from outer space, like solar winds and radiation.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Like setting up or using a series of Tesla coils

Actually I was thinking about some of Teslas theorys of electrical resonance when I wrote that post.

The mathematics suggests that in order to vary the speed of light, some sort of temporal varience would be required. Notwithstanding the validity of some of the more bizarre claims for what has come to be know as "The Philapelphia Experiment", some sort of temporal anomaly seems to have befallen the USS Eldritch as a result of Tesla technology.

Curiouser and curiouser.....

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by ADUB77

I think I read or saw this somewhere. When the magnetic poles shift, for a time, there are multiple poles and this in turn weakens the magnetic field that protects our earth Something about it being spread out over many small magnetic circuits instead of on big one. This allows all sorts of fun things to leak in from outer space, like solar winds and radiation.

I watched the magnetic weathergirl talking about the bird deaths. When I saw this announcement that GPS would be irratic or whatever it immediatley rang bells that maybe there is a connection

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Cant imagine what that top secret satellite was all about they launched on that Vandenberg rocket today

Im surprised the US hasnt been destroyed yet. They are so secretive yet so not secretive. Might as well do away with all top secret and classified clearances.

They arent helping to hide you ,,,much.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

That is the first thing that came to my mind as well hopefully some more information will emerge in the near future. It sounds like they are getting ready for something to happen (start something more like).
edit on 22-1-2011 by Evil3unnie because: can't spell

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Our reality, logic and experience is based totally on what we know...make that what we are allowed to know. Our environment and what we beleive to be possible has been programmed by our upbringing in "their" controlled environment so please, please dont rely on their science to give answers and never beleive a word they say.

Life as we know it is changing hourly, that much we know. But trying to guess what they are actually up to especially the motives and full agenda for tests such as this is beyond what they have allowed us to be taught.

Stop wasting your time and energy on anything they delibrately tell us is happening because they dont want or need us to understand. They lie in the name of defense and know the majority of earths inhabitants will believe what they say.

Ask yourself this question..... "Would I have believed the changes, incidents and mysteries that are taking place just now if someone had told me in 2009"? Bet the answer is no. Jeezuz ! people, we now talk about a " Pole shift" as if its an every day occurance !

We need to open our minds to every possible scenario that is coming our way. Put THEIR science indoctrine in a box for now and then maybe the real reasons why things are happening and why they are doing what they are doing will be more understood.

Respects

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
But NOW how will we get to Grandmas!??!?!

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by packinupngoin
reply to post by Human_Alien

why does it seem like the defense has caused all of the mass die offs?

one could take this article anyway. either this is just a b.s. article to keep people from looking at the magnetic field and panic down. or they really did cause most if not all of the mass die offs. sickos!

I'll do one better: Why does it feel there's a humongous plan/secret underway and we're not privy to the details?

I find the Tampa airport/magnetic pole shift situation and this (which encompasses the SAME area) a little too coincidental to ignore.

But let's relax because we'll have the 'it's no big deal' ATS-crowd chiming in to put our worries to rest soon enough!

Exactly, there are dozens of big things happening all at once, we will be the last to know anyway, let's just keep our fingers crossed for them and hope that they manage to escape in their fate and fly off to safety in time. I am sure that the sight of their fellow Human Beings perishing, will soften their hearts enough to make them wave goodbye to us !

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I just checked the GPS on my ipad. It immediately had the correct location. It even shifted it to the exact spot in my house where I'm located. Makes me wonder if I'm in some bulleyes target zone now. I guess if some large space ship with visitors comes to meet me, they'll know where my ipad is at.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Might tie in well with a rocket heading west too?

Rocket heading west from... where? Are you talking about the one with the secret payload launched from US. Pardon my ignorance but I don't know which way it headed upon launch. Now if you're talking about something else launched and heading west, please share.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

reply to post by ADUB77

Do you mean this description
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

Sorry it may have been in the other thread on this subject that this was mentioned. Yes, the rocket that was launched from Vandenberg with the secret payload...that headed west. Someone also mentioned that west coast launched could not target the ISS.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by gringoboy

Not the one I saw but very cool vid, and it cleared up some of the points I was unclear about. Appreciate it.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

reply to post by ADUB77

that's most of the situation, see:

where the government is about to shut down the Global Positioning System (GPS) for unspecified testing. And we quote from the Jan 19, 2011 Notices to Airmen Advisory right off the FAA's Flight Safety webiste as follows:

The Department of Defense will conduct GPS tests on January 20th through February 22nd, 2011. During testing, the GPS signal may be unreliable or unavailable.

A. Location: Centered at 304906N/0802811W or the location know as 105.25 degrees and 52.1 NM from the SSI VOR.

B. Dates and times: GPS testing is scheduled on January 20th through February 11th, 2011 from 0000-0245 UTC daily and February 15th through February 22nd, 2011 from 0000-0245 UTC daily. These tests may not be concurrent so pilots are advised to check NOTAMS frequently for possible changes prior to operating in the area.

C. Duration: Several test events will be conducted and will be active for 45 minutes followed by 15 minutes of off time.

D. During testing, GPS will be unreliable and may be unavailable with in a circle with a radius of 370NM and centered at 304906N/0802811W or the location known as 105.25 degrees and 52.1 NM from the SSI VOR at FL400; decreasing in area with a decrease in altitude to a circle with a radius of 325NM at FL250; a circle with a radius of 260NM at 10,000FT MSL and a circle with a radius of 215NM at 4,000FT AGL.

E. Pilots are highly recommended to report anomalies during testing to the appropriate ARTCC to assist in the determination of the extent of GPS degradation during tests.

And the map area? As I said, suspiciously like it's close to the zero magnetic deviation line in the magnetic lines of force animation above:

curtesy of urbansurvival.com...

scroll down about 2" and see the animated graphic showing the magnetic distortions that flux continually ...

in another geologic site... they claim there is a layer of strata of a certain type of rock some 13-16 km beneath the ground that generally follows the 'strong' N-S line shown in the above animated graphic.

the problem is that the GPS is going to be giving false readings, NOT because of the satellites...
but because of the Earth's very active distortions of N-S

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The direct translation of this article: the changing magnetic field at a specific region is making a glitch in the GPS systems.

And the best is, it's originating from Bermuda. My little theory seems to be correct after all.
edit on 22-1-2011 by Sentinel412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

A GPS uses no magnetic readings. Neither the satellite transmitter nor the receiver know which way north is, nor do hey need to to function. except by virtue of the preprogrammed software that says if the three transmitted signals take x1, x2, and x3 times to get here, we must be at lat. xx xx.x and long xxx xx.x, which means North must be thataway.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
I just checked the GPS on my ipad. It immediately had the correct location. It even shifted it to the exact spot in my house where I'm located. Makes me wonder if I'm in some bulleyes target zone now. I guess if some large space ship with visitors comes to meet me, they'll know where my ipad is at.

Since Selective Availability was turned off in 2000, and with improved units, GPS receivers are generally at least accurate to within 20 feet or so. I do geocaching, and will frequently have my receiver get me to within 2-3 feet of the cache, depending on what's overhead (GPS reception when there is something in the way, whether tree branches or a roof, isn't all that great, but it's still going to be in the ball park.)

Go someplace away from your house with your iPad and turn off the GPS, cellular access (if you have it) and the WiFi. Go back to your house, go inside a closet or something with no windows and turn the GPS (but not the cellular or WiFi) back on, and you should show your location as still being where you turned it off (or it will say it can't figure out your location.) Both WiFi and cellular can be used to note your general location (from which cell tower you're on, or what network you're connected to) but without access to the birds, the GPS isn't going to work.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I also saw this mentioned on tom's guide, located here;

www.tomsguide.com...

But they also don't mention what it's about. Just the rather unhelpful mention of testing. Pity too. I'm having such nice weather up here, it'd be a shame if a pole shift happened now.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Vaykun

Anyone think that whats going on with the GPS 'tests' has everything to do with what is going on in Middle East right now, especially in Egypt?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LanMan54
reply to post by Vaykun

Anyone think that whats going on with the GPS 'tests' has everything to do with what is going on in Middle East right now, especially in Egypt?

Care to expound on that? I'm interested. Please continue.....

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join