It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FAA warns of ongoing GPS issues in southeastern US due to Defense Department 'tests'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

FAA warns of ongoing GPS issues in southeastern US due to Defense Department 'tests'

www.engadget.com

Don't panic, but anyone planning on using GPS in the southeastern US for the next month or so will likely want to make sure they have a fallback option. That's according to a flight advisory just issued by the FAA, which warns pilots that their GPS signal "may be unreliable or unavailable" due to "GPS tests" that the Department of Defense will be conducting between January 20th and February 22nd. Details are fairly light beyond that, but the FAA does note that when the "tests" occur they will be active for 45 minutes, and be followed by 15 minutes of off time -- additional notices to p
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
"Don't panic..."

That's an unusual way to start off a so called: non-issue alert!

Is this due to the magnetic pole shift? Are chemtrails clouding up the skies too heavily? Are they wanting to make sure they can 'track' everyone should things get hairy? Is this limited to only planes? Or are our personal vehicles involved (but not mentioned)too?

We're not even out of the first month of 2011 and we have so many major incidents happening it's almost hard to keep up with them all.

I don't know about anyone else but my red flag is almost at full mast right now!

www.engadget.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 20-1-2011 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
This could be very related
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 20-1-2011 by WiseThinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I'm just wondering, technically speaking what they're going to be "testing" that will definitely not possibly take the geosynch satellite or satellite (I'm assuming) offline in just the southeastern US. Some sort of code upgrade? What could it be?

Originally posted by WiseThinker

Had the same exact thought. Also, both Cape Kennedy and Huntsville are in the southeast.
edit on 1/20/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

This centennially is a story that will bring speculation. The map shown on the source article is circular with the center being off the coast of Fla, probably in the Bermuda triangle, go fig. If I were to make a guess I would say it might be some sort of jamming test.

link   
(Sinister thinking) What a why to have an 'accident' with yet another politician, huh?
This is as 'good' as NORAD having war-games drills in the early morning of September 11th 2001!

The fact that they started off with 'don't panic' is more of a reason to be concerned.

I don't believe anyone WOULD panic if they just said they were undergoing 'routine' tests.
But that's NOT what they said.

Wow, are they messin' with our heads or what?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem

This centennially is a story that will bring speculation. The map shown on the source article is circular with the center being off the coast of Fla, probably in the Bermuda triangle, go fig. If I were to make a guess I would say it might be some sort of jamming test.

Thats what I was thinking, the satellite jamming thing I was just reading about.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Well how about reading the Flight advisory directly?

It will only effect planes equipped with GPS for navigtion, nothing else.

www.faasafety.gov...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Dont Panic! Wow thats when you do panic
Owell 10 bucks says somthing major happens between Jan20th and Feb 22nd.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
talked about on my post here

link   

why does it seem like the defense has caused all of the mass die offs?

one could take this article anyway. either this is just a b.s. article to keep people from looking at the magnetic field and panic down. or they really did cause most if not all of the mass die offs. sickos!

link   
Where did this originate? I see it's starting to go viral but also don't see anything on the DoD site or in the MSM?

Nevermind...I see there's a source PDF...NOTAM thingy. Sorry! Here's the direct link...

www.faasafety.gov...
edit on 1/20/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I was thinking along the same lines..

Ya know, a way to jam GPS systems might be pretty handing for throwing a wrench into the guidance systems of any smart bombs, missiles or unfriendly type vehicles headed your way.

It sounds like something the DoD might consider a cool toy.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by WiseThinker

Could be related. I'm still trying to get over the fact that they mentioned Tampa airport closing down their runway to the public. At least this 'top secret payload' you speak of, gave us idiots an excuse for broadcasting it. They just didn't want people to think they were having an earthquake when this 3-story rocket took off.

I don't know what to think anymore and my brain isn't liking that conundrum. There's too many things happening in which, I automatically try to interlace them all.

Nothin' for nothin' but we've had some heavy duty chemtrailling these past 3 weekends here in SE Florida. So, it may not have anything to do with this but I just wanted to get that out on record!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Well how about reading the Flight advisory directly?

It will only effect planes equipped with GPS for navigtion, nothing else.

www.faasafety.gov...

How about you reading what I posted which includes the line: it will presumably will also affect all other GPS devices

How about stop watering this down?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

These are wide ranges of time for "several" test events lasteing 45 minutes. What? Every hour for days? Tests are generally schedule a bit more tightly no?

January 20-February 11, 2011
February 15-February 22, 2011

Duration: Several test events will be conducted and will be active for 45 minutes
followed by 15 minutes of off time.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
You have to love missives from the government that start with "Don't Panic"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a3000d2bc2b6.jpg[/atsimg]

Don't panic but that mountain's not exactly where your GPS says it is...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
For what its worth - the article in the OP links to it right at the bottom but here is the

Offical FFA GPS Flight Advisory - PDF

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I have two on-board GPS systems in the vehicle I drive, and for the last few weeks I've encountered several periods where they both got lost and were endlessly calculating new routes to get me back on the road. Not lost signal, the signal bars remained strong, my actual GPS position was changing, on both devices. At one point I actually had to do something I hand't done in a long time... I looked at my road maps to find a route.

But this was in the west and northwest. The worst was in northern California, southern Oregon, and in and around the greater Seattle Washington area.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

The FAA notice does not say that, your link is wrongly assuming it.

READ THE FAA NOTICE!

During testing, GPS will be unreliable and may be unavailable with in a circle with a radius of 370NM and centered at 304906N/0802811W or the location known as 105.25 degrees and 52.1 NM from the SSI VOR at FL400; decreasing in area with a decrease in altitude to a circle with a radius of 325NM at FL250; a circle with a
radius of 260NM at 10,000FT MSL and a circle with a radius of 215NM at 4,000FT
AGL

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join