It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

235-foot-tall (23 stories) rocket fired into space with secret payload!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Your Betties wrench works a little different than a hex socket. She might end up "heavy with child" but that's my own tattoo.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darce
Check out the launch emblem!

Is that the Moon on top of the Earth with the sun in the background or what? What do you think the stylised initials on the Moon (?) represent?

The patch you found has a latin phrase ( Old World Order - Rome )
primoris gravis ex occasus

Which translates into english :
from the settings at the top of grave

or setting (of the sun, etc); the west; fall, destruction.

Could equal "First Heavy From The West

Look at the ladys hand holding a wrench.

I will digg around some more....

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Of course! It's the dark side of the Earth, not the moon. Very cool. I'm guessing this spy satellite will have better low light capabilties than ones previously launched.

The hell-fire-she-witch-combo-wrench-wielding-angel-of-death-so-called-Betty there makes me a bit suspicious of what other capabilities it might have.

Also, what would the 4 stars represent? Previous missions?
edit on 21-1-2011 by Darce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Locked

Wrong about one thing. I lived in Cape Canaveral for about two years about 30 years ago. They launched a LOT of "super secret spy satellites." There was never any warning and it was typically in the middle of the night so you'd wake up wondering if there was an earthquake and flip on the news. There would inevitably be a bulletin saying exactly that, "NASA (or the Cape) has just launched a super secret spy satellite...nothing to be alarmed about."

However, I want to add that this mission is, with all that's going on so far this year, quite concerning. Have we ever launched from anywhere other than Cape Kennedy? In fact, with what's happened at the Tampa Airport and with the GPS "testing" going on in the southeast, it seems to me that it's quite possibly related. Maybe for some reason they can't launch from the Cape.

Also, the mission patch someone posted in today's thread about this is almost sinister somehow. Yikes.

edit on 1/21/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Very Very interesting patch, interesting how much secrecy is around the recent launches in California, very curious what they are setting up, up there. New tracking tech? Project Blue Beam? i guess we'll find out soon. Anyone else have a tracking program, and watch this think in orbit?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Any idea what the letters 'RDG' 'SLS' and 'AL' mean as they're engraved in the moon..

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SpecOpPres1

Care to comment on the sinister patch? or the beautiful new rendition of the all seeing eye on the launch pad? (I can see how the all seeing eye is relevant to label spy tech though)

Just curious if you know anything about them.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I just read this

www.wired.com...

about why we in the U.S. launch rockets from Cape Kennedy. Didn't understand much of it but from what I did gather, they launch from the east coast because it is far more efficient physics-wise (?) to get them into orbit.

This rocket going over the Pacific instead of the Atlantic has to mean something....

Also, here's a map of rocket launch sites around the world....

www.spacetoday.org...

From this I gather we maybe have launched from California before? Both Vandernberg and Edwards are on the map. Also something called Wallops Island that looks to be off Virginia, and is according to them, is one of the oldest launch sites in the world and launched its first rocket on July 4, 1945.
edit on 1/21/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Anyone else notice how just prior to liftoff, the outside of the rocket caught fire and scortched the orange parts black? Looked very dangerous.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneLife

Any idea what the letters 'RDG' 'SLS' and 'AL' mean as they're engraved in the moon..

If this patch is for a particular mission or project it could be the initials of project/team leaders or the names of different divisions that contributed.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I'm not seeing the big hoopla here, folks. For as long as we've been strapping objects to giant fuel rockets and sending them spacebound, a lot of the payloads have been hush-hush. This is just yet another generation of that same hush-hush.
As for the launch delay, um. PEOPLE. We've been sending things into space for how long now? Don'tcha think we might have a a considerable amount of space junk whizzing around up there by now, and of vastly varying degrees of size? And good lord, how man countries have sent crap up there over the decades, anyway? I'm not saying sending things up these days amounts to threading a needle blindfolded in the dark yet, but it's gotta be getting close to at least hazardous. They track as much space junk as they can for a reason -- to avoid head-ons with it all.

Oh, and, and? Wicked cool rocket launch, I watched it live on the boob tube

edit on 1/21/2011 by Nyiah because: Typo

edit on 1/21/2011 by Nyiah because: 'Nother typo, dang

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Launching from California is good for polar orbits. Polar orbits are preferred for spy sats.
You cannot get to the ISS from a west coast launch.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneLife

SLS - Space Launch System
U.S. Air Force Launch and Range Systems Wing (LRSW).

www.space.com...

RDG pertaining to type of launch as in RLV indicates Reusable Launch Vehicle

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bordon81
Your Betties wrench works a little different than a hex socket. She might end up "heavy with child" but that's my own tattoo.

An image of a devil features on the launch patch. The old tradition of giving rockets personal names also appears to have been revived; Delta 352 seems to have been named “Betty”, and the Atlas V that launched from Vandenberg last year was named “Gladys

www.nasaspaceflight.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Nothing sinister about it other than we know seek to know everything we possibly can about the enemy. The eye is common symbol for knowledge sought, of god, ourselves, ect. One hint is the intelligence community has a tightly intermingled history with groups that have used these very symbols for a very long time. Espionage is one of the two oldest professions, the other is prostitution. BTW it's not called the NRO anymore.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

Ooooh Look a PENNY! (Vague Family Guy Reference)

Yeah, this is nothing new, but people will convince themselves they're breaking new ground. Dare to be mediocre!

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Ok, I did some googling of the acronyms on the dark side of the earth of the logo patch. And I'll throw a few excerpts from a couple of the acronyms.

SLS

SLS Spacelab Life Sciences
SLS Space Launch Squadron
SLS Satellite Landing System
SLS Static Light Scattering
SLS Space Life Sciences Lab (NASA; formerly Space Experiment Research and Processing Laboratory
SLS Star Light Scope (night vision instrument using amplification of starlight)

RDG

RDG Rayleigh-Debye-Gans Approximation (optics)

Now I ran a google of this this RDG and the websites are too obtuse in what I was looking for. So digging a little deeper I find this site

Abstract

In this work we give an overview of the Rayleigh-Debye-Gans (RDG) theory applied to the analysis of static light scattering (SLS) data of different types of concentrated particle systems.

and at the bottom of the abstract:

Keywords: concentrated particles; particle size distribution; Rayleigh-Debye-Gans; static light scattering; structure factor

Sounds alot like a correction system for a laser beam to "punch" through the atmosphere without any refraction. Or it could be to use other spectrums of the light wave (i.e. UV, IR, Microwave) and correct the distortions that might occur.

Now I could be wrong, as I saw an earlier poster mention the NASA affiliated acronyms, but I just want to have a little fun with this and think outside of the box as to why NRO would need to launch 6 or 15 or however many I've read that already have been or are planned launches.

My thoughts, I could go along with the upgrade to spy software. In fact, I think it is just that. The rat-out-your-neighbor campaign isn't working as great as they thought. So they'll be watching you do whatever you do in your house. I think I might just have to head up to the attic and start laying some tinfoil on top of the insulation...just in case.

Thanks for the great thread OP. I didn't think much of it at all to be honest. But thank you for piquing my curiosity into something that makes you go hmm...
edit on 1/21/2011 by saabster5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

I noticed on that logo it has 42 letters and numbers , most people now the answer to the
meaning of life is 42 for some reason ?
This might be project blue beam getting ready for May 2011 where that religious group in the US of A
thinks the second coming of christ is due,
just throwing ideas out .

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by trueblue

Now that you mention it, less the stars there are 42 letters/numerals.

However, Harold Camping is taking liberty with dates again. He should know better....
I can only hope people do not follow that man, or his predictions.

He has been wrong before. I just wish he would put on a tin foil hat, it would work better for him
than the "prophet" mantle. I cant judge his intentions beyond those he makes clear with his mouth.

Edit to add: nothing wrong with keeping an open mind, but "predictions" are a completely different animal if you follow me. Nothing personal.

edit on 22-1-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
reply to post by Darce

Is that the Moon on top of the Earth with the sun in the background or what?

Its probably just dark side of the Earth, judging from the position of the sun.

Primoris gravis ex occasus = First heavy from the west

What do you think the stylised initials on the Moon (?) represent?

4SLS, RDG, AL, ROV
Dont know what could that mean..

The patch reminded me of China's flag with the four smaller stars and a larger one (the sun is a star). I didn't see the dark circle as the moon but a dark patch or covering over a portion of the earth. You can see the devil is blocking the sun.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join