It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

235-foot-tall (23 stories) rocket fired into space with secret payload!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Hehe, man that patch is creepy.
They really just throw this stuff up in our faces don't they.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
It is amazing the sheer ridiculous speculation that is associated with ignorance. We, (USAF/DOD) have been using these rockets for well over 20 years, and has been the "rented mule" of the military to get critical national defense equipment into space. The "object(s)" they were avoiding was most likely another satellite/rocket within the same orbital target range as the deployment windows on these missions require an astute "ballet" of comple remote operations from the ground.

Regarding the post on the night vs. daytime photos, again use your nugget, this was a series of 6 total launches. The daytime was @ Vandenburg AFB, CA the night time was @ Cape Canaveral, FL. OR....Just maybe it's because it's the escape space station our "elite" are going to be in when the comet hits us in Oct, 2011!!! Hi, welcome to Kaw-fee Tawlk, discuss....

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

edit on 1/20/2011 by FoJAk because: Screwed up

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SpecOpPres1

Ahhh good catch there. A little sloppy on my part not noticing the different launch locations. Upon making this thread I was unaware that this was part of a series of launches. Still pretty interesting none the less.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by FoJAk

No worries brother. Of all the posts, you actually caught a logical discrepancy. I didn't mean to sound harsh, but when stuff is common knowledge, but people fail to research even to the surface level, their input means nil. True questioning and striving for knowledge is the path I'll always support.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SpecOpPres1

BTW...
I F***ing love your avatar! Hahaha

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoJAk
reply to post by freedish

In response to both of you, I actually just noticed that the picture of it on this link has it taking off at nightwww.space.com.... While CNN's video shows it taking off clearly during the light of day. Is it some effect of the brightness of the rocket blast on the camera? A little confused.

WOW ... not only does your link show a night launch, but it's the one that occurred in November ... not today (obviously from a previous launch)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Yeah, I realized that. Thanks for ACTUALLY READING the thread, and for the sarcasm smart guy.

edit on 1/20/2011 by FoJAk because: Had to emphisize my own sarcasm

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by FoJAk

no sarcasm interjected ... my apology if you found some.
i was about to jump all over the 'fake' possibility as mentioned by others ... but, i do read (not just look) and it did state ... Nov 21 launch date.
i only just read this page of posts and noticed another pointed out the error ... didn't mean to repeat the mssg but i hadn't seen it when i posted my reply.
no offense intended but i will accept your apology for ASSUMING that i'm a guy ... wrong again.

edit on 20-1-2011 by Honor93 because: add emoticons and emphasis on denying ignorance!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

No prob.

I actually wasn't assuming any sex neither with my statement. Whether male or female I would've said "smart guy". just a term I like to use loosely.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by FoJAk

ok so your vocabulary is less than stellar (same here) but last i checked 'smart gal' or
'smarty pants' or even 'smart chic' is just as effective and actually applies.
here at ATS, some call it ... truth.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

My vocab is actually stellar. It's the beers that make it not so greaeat......

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Anywho, we're getting of topic here. Anyone have anymore ideas or thoughts on this launch?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by FoJAk

My firs thought was 'Whats up with all the launches lately?' Is it just me, or is there a marked increase..

We have the california anomoly/vandenberg shot, that fancy new bird the AF has flown twice, etc etc.

My 'something's up' radar is tingling. It'd be interesting to know where this one shows up on radar (if it is a KH-11)

My gut tells me she'll be providing imagery of Iran or NK. The plot thickens :/

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by FoJAk

That looks just like Dr Evils'... rocket. I wonder if it's equipped with lazer beams.

I think this has to really do with the patriot act somehow or another, Every time there is more added to the patriot act there is a another spy sat going up , but for who ? Why all the spy sats anyway? Seems like they launch one every 3 months now. Of course there was all the analog bandwidth frequencies reallocated by the FCC. Some went to Cell companies and some freq went to emergency freq, so I guess you take the rest of the frequencies and build a new spy satellite just because you can.
edit on 21-1-2011 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by FoJAk

if you read this link regarding this rocket there's something interesting in this article

www.google.com...

The text goes as below which seems interesting :-

"The launch was pushed back two minutes to avoid an object in space that could have been in the path of the rocket, said Michael J. Rein, a ULA spokesman"

why don't they tell what object...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Its fairly obvious now that everything/everyone is being watched. This is perfect example. I'm guessing at this stage they can probably see through buildings. This probably has much better versions of the airport scanners.

paranoid or what?

wonder what they are so scared of ?

Its strange how you can spend all time looking for something and there it is right in front of your eyes the whole goddam time. Bummer isn't it.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Night Launch / Day Launch ??? File footage.

Cheaper than sending someone out to film a routine launch.

Germany only had the V2 and some buzz bombs.

Go figure.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by searching_waiting

Yeah a little strange, but at the same time I've heard there is a sea of small objects just floating in orbit around us, i.e. destroyed satellites etc. So there's no way to really know. They could be holding out on us, or just not know what exactly the item is. Either way, I like to leans towards the first. Good observation.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SJE98

Hahaha. Yeah. Maybe it's about listening on that new 4G network I've been hearing about.
Naw, really though, that patriot act opened up a whole can of worms, and they're doing whatever they want.....yay.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join