It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds Of Dead Birds In South Dakota Were Killed By U.S. Government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Hundreds Of Dead Birds In South Dakota Were Killed By U.S. Government

www.huffingtonpost.com

When hundreds of dead birds were found Monday in Yankton, South Dakota, many residents were puzzled, thinking it was the latest in a string of similar mysterious mass animal deaths around the world. But this is one instance of the many where a clear cause has been identified, as the U.S. government claims responsibility for killing the more than 200 starlings.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The Feds finally fess up. I knew there were too many bird deaths happening at the same time. I wonder if they are responsible for any of the other animal deaths?

Do you think they will fess up to any other deaths?
Do you think this will hurt Michio Kaku's credibility as he said they were all natural deaths?

This leaves more questions than answers.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Man you guys were close posting this at the same time...synchronicity?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
sorry already coverd here www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
i think the gov had nothing to do with it but the gov. had 2 choices let animals keep dying and say they know nothing and seem like there not in power or say they did it so now whenever another animal dies we will think the gov did it and turn our attention away from the other possible causes such as the poles switching

the gov. loves to feel that they are charge and them saying this puts them in charge atleast thats how i see it

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Now the question is how did they kill the birds ? Obvious one would be shooting them but then there would be bullet holes and people would see this and point it out , i don't know how else they could of done it but then again the us gov kills lots of people all over the world with predator drones wouldn't surprise me if they had some secret technology doing it ( shooting gamma rays at birds perhaps ) ...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

i coverd it before both of them lol here www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
Man you guys were close posting this at the same time...synchronicity?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

All different forums too...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by PS3Geek
Now the question is how did they kill the birds ? Obvious one would be shooting them but then there would be bullet holes and people would see this and point it out , i don't know how else they could of done it but then again the us gov kills lots of people all over the world with predator drones wouldn't surprise me if they had some secret technology doing it ( shooting gamma rays at birds perhaps ) ...

The article states they were poisoned. This also makes me wonder if this poison will seep into our wells?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
They were defecating in feed etc. which posed a risk to workers and animals but its okay for them to poison the birds and let them fly away - "We had no idea they would get so far" - good to see they had researched it a little before poising them. Just hope there are no repercussions from this - That is if what they say is true!!

Go Figure!!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar

The article states they were poisoned. This also makes me wonder if this poison will seep into our wells?

Doesn't surprise me one bit .

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkpassenger23
i think the gov had nothing to do with it but the gov. had 2 choices let animals keep dying and say they know nothing and seem like there not in power or say they did it so now whenever another animal dies we will think the gov did it and turn our attention away from the other possible causes such as the poles switching

As to the government not really knowing what happened. I see the poisoning as a viable solution. I have been in work places where the birds, pigeons, were a nuisance and had to be gotten rid of, by poison. So this could be a realistic explanation.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
This is absolutely despicable. It sickens me to think that the government would poison these birds, regardless of whether they were defecating in the feed or not.

It also makes me wonder if this was a "test run"...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DroppinSuga

Droppin
if it were a test run, I think there would have been a few dead people also.
Just an opinion.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Aren't there alternative solutions to this problem? Maybe a cover over the feed? Cheaper? Safer? HUMANE?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Oh good grief people try READING the links at least...

A bait laced with the poison DRC-1339 was used, though officials were surprised the birds made it so far before dying. They assure that the poisoned dead birds do not pose a risk to nearby animals or humans.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
so in which thread are we supposed to comment in????

top topics

join