It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the US Navy Admitting Having Free Energy Technology?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I found this one sentence the most important out of the whole article:

Scientists with the Navy's Office of Naval Research have demonstrated a prototype system capable of producing from thin air the electrons needed to generate ultrapowerful, "megawatt-class" laser beams for the agency's next-generation system.

It says further in the article that this is done with magnetic fields, but I have yet to find out how... I can't seem to find any other specific information. I can't tell if this is just a play on words or a Freudian slip?

Anyone else have any insight into this?

Source

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
It's written in tech speak so I will translate for people.

They are getting electricity "out of thin air" to power this mega-laser.

"Out of thin air" sounds very zero-point-ish.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

huh.. sounds like..

the Searl Effect..

or Tesla application..

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
It's written in tech speak so I will translate for people.

They are getting electricity "out of thin air" to power this mega-laser.

"Out of thin air" sounds very zero-point-ish.

Exactly what I was thinking... but they didn't come right out and say it, so I can't tell if some dumb editor misinterpreted what they heard, or wrote it exactly as is.

Still digging around to see if I can find a patent or something that talks more in depth about the power supply....

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
No that's not what that says.
They are using electrons to power the laser instead of using gas.
The electrons are just grabbed locally and not stored.

And that's a pretty cool technology. A few of those turrets can instantly stop any sort of threat at the speed of light. And probably as soon as it appears over the horizon.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
No that's not what that says.
They are using electrons to power the laser instead of using gas.
The electrons are just grabbed locally and not stored.

And that's a pretty cool technology. A few of those turrets can instantly stop any sort of threat at the speed of light. And probably as soon as it appears over the horizon.

Right, but that is the same as free energy because there is literally, an INFINITE amount of electrons just in the ambient air around us. If they have technology that can pull electrons which aren't stored in a battery or capacitor, out of THIN AIR, like it says, than that is FREE ENERGY!

That's what it says to me.....

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I would guess that they do have 'free energy technology'. Why else would they bother to include the words "out of thin air" in their statement. Those additional words are not required for the statement. And they certainly have the resources to develop free energy, if anyone does. It could be a Tesla/Zero-point technology.

edit on 1/20/2011 by Larryman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

i think what they are saying is that the laser is called
a free electron lazer
as in the ejected material is free electrons
not that the power for the lazer is from zero point

IMHO
xploder

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Larryman

So how would someone go about verifying that?

I have no problem asking around, just not sure where to ask....

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER

i think what they are saying is that the laser is called
a free electron lazer
as in the ejected material is free electrons
not that the power for the lazer is from zero point

IMHO
xploder

That's a good possibility, but lasers operate on photons being arranged in a coherent manner, not electrons. The gas that they use typically is for a fuel source to procure the photons from excited electrons of a certain gas/element... and this is saying they don't need to use the gas. It's coherent photons that are released from the laser, not electrons, but I starred you for giving it a good go!

This is more and more sounding like they really have a free power source.

~Namaste
edit on 20-1-2011 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

You might try asking Zorgon. I think he has NAVY connections.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Radient energy from the sun, different from solar, was discover by Tesla in like the 40's or 50's. It's still a secret science (because it's free energy, those words don't get a lot of investors interested in it) but there are many diagrams to make simple circuts showing it possible. I have no doubt free energy exists in many ways, steam for one, but the real question is will it ever be free. Most likely not.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileslong54
Radient energy from the sun, different from solar, was discover by Tesla in like the 40's or 50's. It's still a secret science (because it's free energy, those words don't get a lot of investors interested in it) but there are many diagrams to make simple circuts showing it possible. I have no doubt free energy exists in many ways, steam for one, but the real question is will it ever be free. Most likely not.

The issue that physicists have with the idea of "free" energy is entropy.

Your steam example is a good one. At the surface, you think you're getting free energy from the little energy it takes to evaporate the water into steam. But what is ignored, and this goes for magnets as well, is how much energy is used to produce the elements in the magnets, or in your example, how much energy is used to make hydrogen and oxygen form into enough water to be used as an energy source. Then, how much energy does it take combined with that to evaporate it.

When you add up every last bit of energy used, including what is given off through heat and entropy, you end up with the sum of the total parts being the same.

I do believe in free energy, and have looked at a lot of Tesla's work and am absolutely convinced that using energy that is already there around us is not difficult, but we don't fully understand how and the government possesses most of the knowledge we need to better understand it.

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Yea, I have a diagram for the circuit and have tried it on a small scale, and it works but only enough to power a cell phone, to get the good juice you have to have it extend 30 ft in the air, which means unless you live in the boonies, ain't going to happen.

I'm a huge Tesla fan, I think most of our devices came from his discoveries/inventions while not getting credit. Free Energy will always be myth as long as greed dominates but I'm sure there is many of free energy creating devices that exist.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mileslong54

Can you send me a diagram?

I do live out in the boonies... in the mountains actually, so putting something 30 feet in the air when I'm surrounded by 300 foot trees shouldn't be a problem.

I'd like whatever information you'd be willing to share!

Much appreciated!

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Sorry no free energy. They've got a megawatt-class electron beam generator(injector). Will use it to power some bad-ass lasers. The power source for the injector will be a good old nuclear reactor I guess.

Original announcement:
www.onr.navy.mil...

Free-electron laser:
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

It's free because they are gathering the electrons that are already in the air.
However the equipment that does the collecting probably uses up a ton of energy.
Then probably more energy to charge the electrons and release them.

I seriously doubt that they are breaking any laws of thermodynamics at all.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by moebius
Sorry no free energy. They've got a megawatt-class electron beam generator(injector). Will use it to power some bad-ass lasers. The power source for the injector will be a good old nuclear reactor I guess.

Original announcement:
www.onr.navy.mil...

Free-electron laser:
en.wikipedia.org...

Thanks for finding that... I misunderstood the terminology they were using and didn't realize they were referring to a different type of laser.

Star for you!

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by sourdiesel

Tesla's Patents for the utilization of radiant energy

Is this what you were looking for?

Thanks!

That is one of the pieces I was looking for, but I still need a bit more info. I'd like to build a radiant energy device, so this helps a lot to get moving in the right direction, so thank you.

P.S. - sourdiesel... great name, and one of my personal favorites.

~Namaste

top topics

<<   2 >>

join