It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man banned from producing guns in his own home

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyleisboss

Wow. No where in this article does it say that this man will be producing "grenade launchers". According to the article, he is simply producing these firearms in conjunction with local law enforcement.

Im not sure if I see anything wrong here. I dont see any kind of danger of explosions or anything crazy like that, because he's not producing ammo. Whats the deal?

What it all boils down to is a rich suburb not wanting the imagery of guns to be associated with one of its "fine neighborhoods". As a commenter said on the site "I guess the neighbor with illegal pot plants in his basement is still ok though".

Ive frequented this suburb and the outlying farmlands. Only 15-30 miles away is where you start to hit Amish country, there are local gunsmiths running their businesses out of their houses, and no problems arise. I know, because Ive utilized the services of these people, and respect their skills in their craft.

How can you not allow a man the right to pursue work through something that is totally legal?

www.cleveland.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

"Planning Commission director William Mazur said he conferred with incoming Police Chief Christopher Viland about Picone’s contention that outgoing Chief Wayne Godzich had signed off on the request, which Viland said was not necessarily so."

Small town gubmnt. They ran off the chief and now say oh he didn't sign anything.

"Mazur recommended Picone work with Frankland to “find another location in the city with reasonable rent” in which to operate. "

Yep like you said the uppity folks in their fancy smancy homes don't want it around. Take it to somwhere that has "reasonable rent" to run it. Translation anywhere gun haters don't live.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join