It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey ATS this is me....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I have been a "Lurker" for about a year. I would like to thank all members for the insight you have given me. whether I agree or disagree I have learned so much. This is a wonderful place and has opened my eyes and mind to things I have known, felt i have known and things I never knew. This past year of reading ATS threads I have grown knowledge of what is and isn't. The only place I can get accurate news and also a little daily amusement. So much intelligence in one place, I only wish everyone can than just "nut jobs" hehe! Open up their minds and see that conspiracy theorists are more open minded and more intelligent than what has been perceived by the general public. You guys Rock! I am not stubborn. I like my mind to be challenged. I am able to change it whenever I see fit. I look at everything through new eyes and make my judgments after careful consideration of my own self....so please Keep it up. Keep me learning. My interest are "everything that interests me". I am very open minded I can be stubborn but not unchangeable. Spelling, well if you know how to read my misspellings do not matter(but i used spell check on this.. hehe). I am very honest and straight forward...sometime people do not agree but then again those are the same ones that insist on honesty. I do not pacify unless my Motherly instincts tell me to.

This is me......just one of my beliefs. I am not an atheist nor am I agnostic. But I understand. I am of my own with the help of the Buddhist teachings. I am far from Buddhism but feel enlightened by the teachings and incorporate much of it into my own personal life. I am not Christian Jewish Muslim but I incorporate all of the goodness in each into my life. So this is my view on the religion matter.....

"Religion is a lie". And so many people have fallen into this trap. If you are Christian...lets say you where born Jewish instead or Muslim....your family your friends your country your up bringing...uh oh now....so does that mean religion and the way of God is taught. Tiss Tiss so many lost souls. To use "your" God as a crutch and a tool to hate others. Don't you know he made us perfect...all the tools imaginable to live a prosperous and happy meaningful life. Tools to learn tools to love tools to know and understand that life is...just is. Just live. He does not care how many bible verses you know by heart. Or this place you go to every Sunday wasting your time and his gifts to tell him he is this hateful awful egotistical god that gave you rules and will be damned if you misbehave.... but he Loves you.. That is not him and it breaks his heart and hopes that all hate will end and all will see the true light. Just live and enjoy this gift. Prayers are silly..your god is mean if you pray for a dying child and that child dies but your neighbor prays for a way to get her car fixed and wallah vrooom vrooom. My God just sits and waits and believes in me and has faith as I believe in him. Smiling at me because I use his gifts and leave faith unto myself. I am my crutch and I do pray but not for anything in the physical realm. I pray to me to you to us because we are God ( pray to, not for). We are God we are Buddha we are Allah we are all one in the same and we where all separated because of mere words differences in books written by man...not god...MAN! Evil hateful Men...why, to control for power that is not rightfully theirs. But we call it politics now lol!. And that is their choice to be..what is your choice! This world is our home. We are all family. Do not let this separation continue. Faith is you and as soon as you stop using God and religion to make yourself strong then and only then can we be with God. No one is below or above anything....we just think that way. I know how hard it is to only find faith in oneself...alot harder than looking for it somewhere else but you must. If you don't then it is false hope. But you are still with god because that last breath you take in this life...you will know. And god will smile upon you. Time has no meaning only what you find in that time if only for one second is all that is needed. But dont take my word for it....you haveto find it on your own and in your own time. I have faith in you and in myself...in us! And Ahhh the wonders of the Universe..we are not alone! We maybe the only humans but we are not at the top of the list as ultimate beings.

Thank you for reading my rambling. Peace be with us all!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by controldiction

Welcome to ATS. We may differ in our dogma and I'm sure that will come out later. That's what it's all about though right?

Hope you become an asset around here!

edit on 20-1-2011 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Thank You and difference is why I am here.
I love to get schooled....for ever learning. I appreciate the Welcoming.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Welcome to posting.
Well met.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Thank You.
I hope to meet in other threads.
I will not give you any less than respect. See ya around.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, love the avatar. Strong opinions are what make this site so great. Enjoy, see you out there.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by controldiction

Very well put!
I don't understand how people can be catholic and not see the lies they have been told

[Mod Edit - Replace quote with Reply To Tab]
Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.
edit on 20/1/2011 by Sauron because: Replaced unnecessary qoute with Reply To tab

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Hi , and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Take some time to look around and orient yourself.

~Keeper

new topics

top topics

join