It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Celebs who sold their soul

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Have you ever wondered why some seem to get all the breaks?...

Why some seem to get all the girls without deserving it?

Why some have power yet abuse it?

Why some are rich without having to work for it?

Why there are they who have great success/fame/kudos without any talent?

Why those with talent often obtain in 'over-night' without the need to ever practice?

Ever wondered where their soul went?

They all made a deal. No amount of money, power, success, sexual prowess is worth selling ones soul for. Not even a hundred lifetimes of it.

If you want it so bad - work for it. If you still fail then get over yourself, but if you want to get to the top without deserving it then you can always do what some of these 'un-naturally' talented idiots did....

Just remember, if you do sell your soul, when you have had all you fun, don't expect to R.I.P. ; as far as the devil's concerned, that's when you start your new job.

Peace

edit on 20/1/2011 by kosmicjack because: fixed title at OP's request

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beyond Creation
Just remember, if you do sell your soul, when you have had all you fun, don't expect to R.I.P. ; as far as the devil's concerned, that's when you start your new job.

Peace

This is what many miss. See to say you will seel it sounds simple noone seems to answer. But you do feel strange even pondering it. And if you notice happiness within the darkrealm afterwards and chalk it up as skill that is your fault. Good Point and in my younger days I felt it wanted me to sell it bad I just felt so wierd and continued to deal with the issues at hand back then.

S&F

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Why are you assuming that these people have a soul (whatever that is) to sell in the first place?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I actually found a sense of peace after watching these vids. It made me realise if I'm struggling, I'm learning and developing spritually from the lessons I must learn.

There is no easy way but it can still be fun.

Some of these celebs, esspecially Bob Dylan, have realised the conditions of the contract they have entered, and its not going to be fun for long.

Peace

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I'm gonna have to disagree on Jimi Hendrix selling his soul. I think he was just a soul that was WAY ahead of his time. It's a shame he was taken from us so early. If you really listen to his music you'd see that he believed in peace and love.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal
Why are you assuming that these people have a soul (whatever that is) to sell in the first place?

That requires a considered and meaningful answer. I will get back to you after rumination, if I may?

Peace

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Hmmmm.

What's a soul going for these days?

Sorry OP, I think this one's a bit of a stretch.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by CastleMadeOfSand
I'm gonna have to disagree on Jimi Hendrix selling his soul. I think he was just a soul that was WAY ahead of his time. It's a shame he was taken from us so early. If you really listen to his music you'd see that he believed in peace and love.

I'm not saying that they who have 'sold out' don't have any self-awareness or don't desire peace and love. In fact peace and love is what they have lost as part of their deal. To sing about peace & love does not mean that it is present in them.

Consider these lyrics from ''I don't live today''...

I Don't Live Today lyrics
Will I live tomorrow?
Well I just can't say.
Will I live tomorrow?
Well, I just can't say.

But I know for sure
I Don't Live Today.

No sun coming through my windows,
feel like I'm sitting at the bottom of a grave.
No sun coming through my windows,
feel like I'm sitting at the bottom of a grave.

I wish you'd hurry up 'n' rescue me
so I can be on my mis'rable way

I Don't Live Today;
It's such a shame to waste you time away like this.

Will I live tomorrow?
Well, I just can't say.
Will I live tomorrow?
Well, I just can't say

But I know for sure
I Don't Live Today.

He sounds tormented to me. Yes its tragic and sad and its fair to assume he was inspired by this.

Peace

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by sixswornsermon
Hmmmm.

What's a soul going for these days?

Sorry OP, I think this one's a bit of a stretch.

Have you listened to some of the personal comments from these sell-our celebs? It doesn't take much perception to understand to what they are inferring.

Some openly admit to the deal. I hardly feel a personal admission is 'a bit of a stetch'.

''What's a soul going for these days?' - Any material desire you can imagine, I guess. All I know is mine's invaluable, priceless and very real.

Peace

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Very interesting indeed, although part 3 did not work for me through the link, something about youtube not allowing that video to be embedded, just to let the op know.

I don't know that I believe all those people either sold their sole or were possessed, but I can agree with some. It's such an interesting topic to me, and only celebs but people in general.

I remember the first time I ever thought something along these lines. In my teens I was quite the Britney Spears fan, lol I know it's not something I'm proud of. Anyway, she did that now infamous performance on MTV video awards with the albino python. As she was performing, looking at her face she just looked, well she looked evil, idk maybe she thought she was making a sexy face to the camera, but it came off to me as pure evil. I actually had to not watch it anymore, it just gave me the creepiest feeling, and at the time I was far from religious.

Seeing how her life turned out, I wonder if she truly was possessed or something.

I don't want to take away from all successful people, I do not think that every celebrity or person the significant financial achievements is working with dark forces. There are some truly talented people among us and I believe that hard work truly does pay off for some, for others though, I think they found a short cut.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I've always wanted to ask something, well a couple somethings actually.

If our souls aren't really ours how can we sell them in the first place? We can't sell what we dont own and possess.

And my major point I want to ask is why would Satan/Lucifer/Devil/Demons torture and corrupt and imprison people to teach a lesson and prove a point for a god he hates? Plus why would he even torture his follower's at all seems kinda bad for business.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Beyond Creation

Yes I did listen to some, but I have a hard time taking it literally.

You never know... Maybe there is some evil force at work in the entertainment industry. I depart with a line from a Morbid Angel song that stikes me as a possible motive for gathering entertainers souls:

"I offer fantasy
And you, you creator are
Blind with envy"

Morbid Angel, "God of Emptiness"

So perhaps the devil would have a vested interest in the "fantasy" offered by the entertainment indursty, and the resultant worship thereof, as it leads the flock astray from God.

In any case, I agree that my soul is invaluable, and therefore NOT FOR SALE.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
this would explain the success of the Pittsburgh Steelers
2nd line...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I just watched the first video and it is pretty stupid, aint gonna waste my time with the rest,it was obviously created by some religious nutjob,i mean taking a few words from a queen song and coming to the conclusion they have sold their souls to the devil is one hell of a stretch, in fact on the scale of things its the f#ckin mount everest of stretches,and i would like to hear what katy perry says after it cuts out,shes obviously taken way out of context!.......ridiculous!!!

edit on 20/1/11 by lektrofellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by works4dhs
this would explain the success of the Pittsburgh Steelers
2nd line...

HAH! I was just thinking this certainly explains "celebrities" like Snooky and other completely no-talent fruitcakes who are "rich and famous". I really cant think of any other explanation for it and please God dont tell me people are just THAT dumb to idolize some of these folks... thats horrifying,.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I'm pretty sure that not even the devil wants Snooki hanging around.

Would you?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by sixswornsermon

I'm pretty sure that not even the devil wants Snooki hanging around.

Would you?

Heck NO!

Speaking of that little beast, the SouthPark episode with her in it was priceless and spot on.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Didn't see it.

I'm sure South Park had a good go at her though. Usually their satire is impeccable.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beyond Creation
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I actually found a sense of peace after watching these vids. It made me realise if I'm struggling, I'm learning and developing spritually from the lessons I must learn.

And that is the main point to advance a spirit I feel. Good Point. No I dont like to struggle but it is what most of us are experiencing here on EA. And if most are going thru it then I as well must. I really feel it strengthens the soul to see the ups and downs ... Wait to experience the ups and downs and make it through. That way if you can make it you can help pull others out of the struggle.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
It's called luck. Think of how many people there are that try to make it in that profession, only a handful will ever make it and be successful. They just got lucky

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join