It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Supreme Court Issues Landmark Decision: Constitution is Void

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

not i am stating factual information. no one ever said the constitution was void. THIS phrase is a FACT.
this is where people associate a corrupt judge with destroying the constitution/ which again was never implied or said

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by gougitousakusha

The Constitution was ordered reactivated back to the 1992 revision that included the 27th Amendment and was ordered restored back into it's full glory via an Exceutive Edict and decree ordered by Obama in Jan 2009.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
reply to post by gougitousakusha

The Constitution was ordered reactivated back to the 1992 revision that included the 27th Amendment and was ordered restored back into it's full glory via an Exceutive Edict and decree ordered by Obama in Jan 2009.

Can you source this for me? What are you talking about?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DjOsiris

Well duh. We've let them. It's the same reason that we idolize Lincoln for traits that mean little in today's politics like honesty. It's the reason that despite how clearly the constitution points out that we are a United States Of America and not America. The idea that the Constitution can be interpreted is still relatively new. However, the founding fathers were pretty smart guys, they don't need interpretation because their goal in writing the constitution was to set up a stable government using a clearly written document. It's right there and their "interpretation" allows them to make new laws. I don't have the link,( I looked for it but not too long, i can probably find it and when if I do I will update) but I read a poll a couple weeks ago from a quiz taken in congress and also by Citizens around the US and congress' average was 46% correct while the U.S. Citizens answered 50%. It's simple, the less we understand our government the less we notice the blatant misuse of the power we're giving to our government. It's the same reason that we idolize Lincoln for traits that mean little in today's politics like honesty. It's the same reason that our kids in school are taught that Civil war was about slavery when in fact it was about a States' rights to decide for themselves their priorities (such as slavery). Now, this could be for two reasons, to keep race a current issue as well as hiding the fact the civil war and the Emancipation Proclamation were in fact Unconstitutional. When it came down to it the preservation of the Union revolved around economic stability.

Now, this does not mean that i believe the South will rise again or that slavery was right. I think those are simple tools used to deflect. No I'm not an "ignorant redneck" and I abhor the use of other people by any form of manipulation for personal gain.

No, when it comes down to it, money makes our world go round. Not love, peace, advancement, ideas, or peoples' faith. Money, the idea that we can print paper to bring value to our work and success so that others may profit from it. Money funds the lobbyists, money funds the advertisements, money funds the unions, the schools. Money has become our life source without much objection.

At what point do we find Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness on the back of the dollar? When we've successfully painted the picture that it does. Ever open the tabloids or watch a "red carpet event"? (If not, I'm proud of you.)

Our government was meant to consist of your average man (at the time this would be a farmer) who would run for office not for the power, money, or notoriety, but because he felt his ideas were not voiced and because he felt he could do better for his people than those in office could. George Washington was not president of a new country for two terms because he felt that he should lead the people but because the people asked him to lead. Today the average man has no chance in office thanks to our party system that divides us on issues and tries to place ideals in two categories (left and right) instead of judging a candidate on what they have to offer. It has become a game where, regardless of political alignment, the idea is good vs. evil. And we are misled to think that everything must be black or white, red or blue, fact or fiction, when in reality, each leaf on a tree is different, as are snowflakes, as are people, as are the days, so as are the problems we must face. Control is an ever evolving game that if we don't notice we will fall victim to. Look at the Catholic church before the invention of the printing press, look at the fuedal system, indentured servants, Unions. Now, look around you.
People her say "wake up" a lot here and it is truly a fine suggestion. Wake up, question what these people spend their/our/your money attempting to deliver to you (info, goods, ideas). Wake up, question the things you may or may not have been taught. Study and enhance your understanding of history, the ways people think, and the world around you in order to make your own observations rather than what people are feeding you.
Thomas Jefferson once said that, "Those who sacrifice freedom for safety neither receive, nor deserve, either one."
But, hey, that's just my opinion and I could be wrong.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
When the time comes and every American wakes up , and tries to fight , we will all be terrorists! ! And the gop will use the armed services to try to regain what is going to be a loss ! We will turn out to be just like Egypt ! Caos in the streets ! We have thieves and liars in the white house ! People that were to protect the American people and they have turned there back on the PEOPLE ! Soon there will be such an uprise that the United States will be brought to her knees ! And the gop will turn it on the people and we the people will be TERRORISTs !

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jimhinderer

Originally posted by loam
This thread in 99% ignorance.

Denials of lower court reviews happen ALL OF THE TIME, and rarely is the conclusion that it necessarily means anything substantive beyond its obvious and specific impact to the parties of the denied case.

Moreover, just because one party asserted fraud and corruption, does not mean there was in fact fraud and corruption in the specific case. It could be that based upon the "record"-- and yes, even their impression of what might be off the record-- the evidence and legal positions asserted were not sufficiently compelling for the SCOTUS to hear.

The SCOTUS only has so much bandwidth. Is it any surprise they are compelled to pick and choose the most relevant or compelling cases???

What trash this thread is... People are so busy chasing fake examples of tyranny, they miss the very real ones-- and trust me, they're out there.

EDIT to add:

Moreover, this guy sounds like a litigious NUT.

MAID OF THE MIST CORPORATION v. ALCATRAZ MEDIA(.pdf)

We conclude from the record that the district court did not abuse its discretion in imposing the injunction on Windsor based on his litigious behavior that undermined the integrity of the judgments and orders in this case. Although the case is closed, Windsor has repeatedly filed unsubstantiated, duplicative pleadings, many after the district court issued an order denying them. Moreover, his pleadings are long and repetitive, and the volume of his filings poses a burden to clerical and judicial operations and is an impediment to the administration of
justice. Windsor’s filings also have been costly and burdensome to Maid, who has repeatedly defended itself against unfounded accusations concerning a case in which it prevailed and which has been closed for over two years.

What is particularly amusing is how the owner of the "largest tour/activity broker in North America" claims foul on a 'billion dollar business opportunity' and almost no one on this board stops to think whether you are being manipulated by Windsor for his own commercial interests???

Also, isn't the real shocker that so many of you can on the most flimsy of assertions fall for such dribble and nonsense? Folks, what happened to your critical thinking skills?

edit on 21-1-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Where's your precious democracy now?! Where's your power of voting now? haha! Revealed as worthless, my friend!
Have fun getting upset about it when you never really had any rights to begin with. They were just playing with you.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
below is a video, article and info. regarding the U.S. Constitution, that may forever change your view of that document.

Subject: Marc Stevens on the Constitution

www.youtube.com...

Article entitled: The Constitutional Delusion

www.buildfreedom.com...

Definition of CONSTITUTION, contracts. The constitution of a contract, is the making of the contract as, the written constitution of a debt. 1 Bell's Com. 332, 5th ed.

Definition of CONSTITUTOR, civil law. He who promised by a simple pact to pay the debt of another; and this is always a principal obligation. Inst. 4, 6, 9.

why is it in the Constitution, the words People and Posterity are capitalized?

A capitonym is a word that changes its meaning (and sometimes pronunciation) when it is capitalized, and usually applies to capitalization due to proper nouns or eponyms

PREAMBLE to the UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America

Now the question to ask, were you signatory to that declaration (Constitution) and most importantly, if you think that you are "covered" under being one of "We the People", - guess again, because when they capitalized it, the meaning of the word was changed to reflect a particular group of "people", and the Prosperity was for those future generations to theirs, not yours.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join