U.S. Supreme Court Issues Landmark Decision: Constitution is Void

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocky Black
reply to post by DjOsiris

This is why in the next Presidential election I will cast my vote for Mitt Romney.

Oh Jeeesus!

And then when his presidency fails I get to hear how he was a liberal all over again

HE is hardly a conservative conservative, more like a nice neocon, for the love of mercy

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by prexparte

Of course don't let the facts stand in the way of your call to arms.

Originally posted by prexparte
Part of the constitution says, we are innocent until proven guilty. Know with this tyranous decision, we are guilty until proven innocent....

This was a civil law suit-- one multi-millionaire suing a bunch of other millionaires (and a few governments) over a billion dollar commercial entertainment opportunity.

Guilt is not a civil concept, btw.

Originally posted by prexparte
Im pizzd...I say it is about time we protest the governments, the supreme court and any other unlawful laws being forced into our american freedoms rights....If we do not stand up and stop this treason of our leaders soon very soon we will be another communist states.

M'kay. But wouldn't it be more helpful if you educated yourself first on what issues actually deserve peaceable protest?

This thread has 114 flags??????

And people wonder why conspiracy websites have no credibility...
edit on 21-1-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by prexparte

Sorry to pop that bubble, but there was NO decision issued by the Supreme Court. Again, they simply refused to grant the appellant Certiorari (which happens all the time) because the appellant's petition is full of a bunch of heated, nonsensical rhetoric. There is nothing to suggest that any rights have been violated, nor is there even the most remote suggestion that present suspects of any crime are guilty until proven innocent- that is utter nonsense. You would indeed look the fool in D.C. protesting an illusory ruling. Put your gas-masks and megaphones away. It is rhetoric like your own that give the concept of democracy a bad reputation.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Originally posted by loam
This thread in 99% ignorance.

Denials of lower court reviews happen ALL OF THE TIME, and rarely is the conclusion that it necessarily means anything substantive beyond its obvious and specific impact to the parties of the denied case.

Moreover, just because one party asserted fraud and corruption, does not mean there was in fact fraud and corruption in the specific case. It could be that based upon the "record"-- and yes, even their impression of what might be off the record-- the evidence and legal positions asserted were not sufficiently compelling for the SCOTUS to hear.

The SCOTUS only has so much bandwidth. Is it any surprise they are compelled to pick and choose the most relevant or compelling cases???

What trash this thread is... People are so busy chasing fake examples of tyranny, they miss the very real ones-- and trust me, they're out there.

I agree - and I went out of my way to find out what was really going on here - as my first post illustrates:

soficrow
What's going on here? What are the charges? What's the situation? ...I followed the links, checked out the guy's 'lawless' site, but can't find any hard information. What did I miss? Can someone synopsize for me?

loam
Moreover, this guy sounds like a litigious NUT.

That he does. Obsessive, compulsive, beyond persistent. BUT, I believe...

He is rightly challenging a system that awards contracts to private industry without opening said contracts to bids. In this case, the contract has been "awarded" for 163 years without ever being offered for tender.

If the company was Halliburton instead of Maid of the Mist I suspect you'd be all over it.

What is particularly amusing is how the owner of the "largest tour/activity broker in North America" claims foul on a 'billion dollar business opportunity' and almost no one on this board stops to think whether you are being manipulated by Windsor for his own commercial interests???
Also, isn't the real shocker that so many of you can on the most flimsy of assertions fall for such dribble and nonsense? Folks, what happened to your critical thinking skills?

I did research further, and conducted my own analysis - and also took the OP to task for botching his presentation:

S&F for the importance of this issue.
for the lack of pertinent information and analysis. Personally, I like to get the meat in the OP.

I share your concerns about the lack of quality discussion in this thread, and the dearth of hard information.

Unlike you, I DO think there is a real issue here - based on my own research and independent evaluation.

I'd prefer to have a reasonable discussion about it, but as you point out, that may not be possible in this environment.

Kisses, sofi

edit on 21/1/11 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Right, but doesn't the Heritage fund for Niagara Falls have the right to decide who and when to do business? If they weren't accepting bids and are happy with the company that has provided the service for 100+ years, why do they have to allow him to open a business?

It is the job of the heritage foundation to protect and preserve it, do they not have the right to limit services, stores, goods, etc as they see fit?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

reply to post by DjOsiris

This is why in the next Presidential election I will cast my vote for Mitt Romney. The only honest person I know. I would not even rank him as a politician as to me it is such a dirty word to be associated with.

To all the people that wanted to elect and thought they elected the messiah. Then next best president.

Well you know I hate to preach to the choir but you know Jesus did say to beware the false profit. There will be someone who people will think walks on water and his #e doesn't stink. Well its starting to stink isn't it.

Well people look in the mirror and blame that person right there. This is what you were promised you just were not smart enough to see it coming. And this is just the start of it wait until you see the #e he pulls next year.

Hell lets give pakistan/isreal/nkorea a couple more billion for absolutly nothing but lies..

As most of our hardworking grandparents who busted their asses to provide a stepping stone for their future families as many of them did.

And what do we give them in return.

Poor health care where they pay most of the cost them selves. Because you know the meds that they need are no covered under the crapy plan they have.

And any pension you may have had continues to get cut. How about a cost of living increase for these old timers.

These are the people who lived and died to uphold the constitution as these corrupt justices spit on it.

God please forgive all these corrupt judges and politician for the sins they comit and the lives they have distroyed for they know not of the consecences waiting for them when they meet you when the soul leaves the body.

RB

Where does it say that my President issued this? It doesn't. It was a Supreme Court decision. Leave him out of it please.

This doesn't sound good at all though.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKillah

Where does it say that my President issued this? It doesn't. It was a Supreme Court decision. Leave him out of it please.

One minor change, the court didn't issue a decision they refused to hear his case.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
Unlike you, I DO think there is a real issue here - based on my own research and independent evaluation.

He is rightly challenging a system that awards contracts to private industry without opening said contracts to bids. In this case, the contract has been "awarded" for 163 years without ever being offered for tender.

Actually, we are not far apart here. But those assertions come from Windsor. I'd like to see the actual lower court pleadings from both parties and the court's rational before jumping to the conclusion that the assertions from an obvioulsy manipulative commercial actor has merit.

If I had to guess, I'd bet this decision involves an international agreement between the US and Canada and the the award of the contract was for a term relative to considerations that if presented here would likely make the specter of impropriety less meaningful.

I share your concerns about the lack of quality discussion in this thread, and the dearth of hard information.

I'd prefer to have a reasonable discussion about it, but as you point out, that may not be possible in this environment.

THAT, of course, is my point.

Kisses, sofi

edit on 21-1-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

...doesn't the Heritage fund for Niagara Falls have the right to decide who and when to do business?

No idea - no results from Google:

No results found for "Heritage fund for Niagara Falls".

The one reference I found earlier said it was a joint decision by Ontario-New York State.

If they weren't accepting bids and are happy with the company that has provided the service for 100+ years, why do they have to allow him to open a business?

Depends who awards the contract. Governments should be held to more open, transparent, accountable and equitable standards than NGO's.

Ed. to add PS: Meant to say that this is the kind of hard information -and investigation- that should be present in these posts and pages.

edit on 21/1/11 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by strawberry91
WOW. Is this for real? I'm really really hoping it isn't....I'm not okay with having all my rights taken away. I will be relocating to another country if it is. Anywhere in the world where freedom exists anymore?

I'd VERY strongly advise looking into the Free State Project. Its very much an alternative to the way things are going, and in fact things are not really looking bad at all for New Hampshire at the moment.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Depends who awards the contract. Governments should be held to more open, transparent, accountable and equitable standards than NGO's.

Ed. to add PS: Meant to say that this is the kind of hard information -and investigation- that should be present in these posts and pages.

Another possibility is that the 'granting' authority did so under a charter compelled by agreement in the transfer of private land ownership to government or other control. Such arrangements happen all of the time when people wish to grant/donate land for conservation purposes.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

searching4truth says a "Heritage fund for Niagara Falls" or perhaps a foundation (rightly) makes the decisions.

loam says:

I'd bet this decision involves an international agreement between the US and Canada and the the award of the contract was for a term relative to considerations that if presented here would likely make the specter of impropriety less meaningful.

...Maybe a joint US-Canda agreement created a "Niagara Falls Heritage Foundation" - which, as an NGO has a right to award contracts without tender. Does anyone know?

...and WHY HAS IT TAKEN 9 PAGES and 170 posts to even start asking these questions?

...Does anyone know the answers? Has anyone found any hard information on this case? Looked for any? Does anyone here know how to conduct a legitimate investigation? (Besides loam, searching4truth and me of course.
)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

www.nps.gov... and www.nps.gov... goes into detail about the workings of the management of Niagara Falls, at least on the New York side as far as I gathered.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

This is why in the next Presidential election I will cast my vote for Mitt Romney. The only honest person I know. I would not even rank him as a politician as to me it is such a dirty word to be associated with.

Have you seen the presidential debates when he was running?
Regarding what path to take on issues Romney, Giuliani and McCain were saying they will have to ask their lawyers.

And Ron Paul said..... go to lawyers for what, why not just read the constitution????

And in this same thread about the Constitution being void you say you want to vote for Romney?

And oh and also his earpiece talks for him remember!

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

...and WHY HAS IT TAKEN 9 PAGES and 170 posts to even start asking these questions?

...Does anyone know the answers? Has anyone found any hard information on this case? Looked for any? Does anyone here know how to conduct a legitimate investigation? (Besides loam, searching4truth and me of course.
)

Maybe we will have encouraged the next 170 posts to improve.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Well, I wouldn't say maid of the mist has a monopoly. I googled Niagara Falls boat tours, and whirlpool jet offers trips as well traveltips.usatoday.com...

I looked a little further into Whirlpool Jet and they do not appear to be the same company as maid of the mist.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Thanks s4t.

The "Maid of the Mist" tour line is a private business based in Canada offering tours of Niagara Falls out of Ontario, Canada. Windsor wants the right to bid on offering tours out of Niagara Falls, New York.

I suspect loam is right, and the "Maid of the Mist" tour deal results from a bilateral agreement between the US and Canada. Both countries have their own independent "Niagara Falls Heritage Foundations" - maybe the deal is set out in the bilateral agreement, maybe one or both Foundations sign the tour deals - either way, the US Constitution is NOT at issue or even relevant, because clearly, neither the State of New York nor the US government contract directly with the "Maid of the Mist" company.

I really am not interested in researching this issue any further. The OP should know that the above info should have been contained in the OP commentary; at the least, responsible posters should have been asking the questions and looking for answers from the get-go.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Originally posted by loam

Maybe we will have encouraged the next 170 posts to improve.

We plant seeds; we hope; and we breathe.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Thats what you guys are here for, joe smo like me has to work all day, i wouldn't bitch about other people not spending their time doing an online investigation, you either like doing it or don't. I love that people like you exist, but i find it pretty childish to try to put down other because you have more time than them.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Well, that's it for Democracy, folks!

"The show is over, nothing else to see... now go home. The End. "

END CREDITS

Actor 1: The Democrats
Actor 2: The Republicans

Music score by: Lady Gaga

A Wall Street & Co. production.

(logo of a man in suit doing the finger)

Then the public:

"...but we have no such thing as "home"!"

So now it's all gonna be "bombs & guns" politics! What a shame they had to trash their own spectacle... or is it?
edit on 21/1/11 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)
edit on 21/1/11 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join