It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Gold and Silver are dropping ...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Incidently, I love how most of the people against what I am saying are resorting to insulting me and purposefully being sarcastic. Pretty much tells me that they know who holds the strong argument here.

Enjoy

Hypocrite. This is exactly what you did, fool.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Alright, let's make it clear.

Most people are STUPID.

The look at two variable, and think it represents the whole system.

It's RETARDED.

I can't explain to you guys why silver is such a good buy, because it requires the integration of many factors all at once. You either got this or not.

Obviously, most don't.

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Unity, can I get yo a glass of wine? Cab or Chardonnay?

The value of metals is a reflection of our state of the world. It has historic and useful value.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by GirlGenius
Wondering why demand is increasing, yet prices are dropping?

This is the last hurrah:

Buyers, who have legally contracted to take physical delivery of metals, are said to be accepting large, paper bribes to accept a cash settlement instead.

www.stockhouse.com...

We have reached the end of the line.

edit on 20-1-2011 by GirlGenius because: ch plummeting to dropping; added 1st sentence

This information is just mis- or dis- information, depending on how you view things. To me it is more in the realm of misinformation. I am not even going to bother going to the weblink because it is a classic example of fooling the ill-informed.

"Said to be accepting large paper bribes"? Let's get real here.

Gold and Silver on the weekly time chart are all showing lower highs and lower lows. There is a new short term down trend. Anytime I read about "manipulation" on the website I just have to laugh. There will be plenty of new buyers that step in around 24-26 in silver and then I believe that will be the new short term low.

This "manipulation" thing I see when you and others tout it is getting borderline ridiculous. Any time people are on the wrong side of the trade it is always because "TPTB" have done so. Really dumb, sorry to say.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

Well said. That state of the world isn't as easy as looking at one chart, and thinking linearly!

I prefer a good shiner bock in each hand, please!!

Actually, I'm going out to the bar right now. Sometimes the idiocy is a bit too much for me to take in....

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Cool, have an ole shiner bock for me, would ya? Hope that's a good pale ale.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Just what is the true cost of owning PM?

How much extra do you have to pay when you buy it and take it home?

How much does it cost to store it? Those of you that are burying it in the backyard are one head injury away from becoming paupers. If it’s in your home safe, one home invasion would clean you out.

What does it cost to convert it back into cash? And what are the limits before the IRS is notified?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Too bad they tax silver in Europe. I didn't know that before... Any ideas why they do that here? Have to buy gold instead.
edit on 20-1-2011 by strato because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by samkent

You've got to do your own research on buying. That way you know what you're buying and paying for it. Can't do that for you, plus these things fluctuate.

Hey if your bank closes with your stash in a safe deposit box, you are at their becken call. That's your call, I have my own shovel!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Dance4Life

I've made 100% return on my PM investments so I don't consider myself on the wrong side of the trade

When you see demand increasing on record scales, yet the price is dropping, there is something funky in the market. It's fueled by the paper metals market, which is a scam that will come crashing down. There are a lot of lawsuits happening now, precisely because TPTB manipulate the markets. I was wondering how they were keeping it up after the COMEX has been emptied. This article presents a possible answer to that question. I don't think it's disinformation at all.

It will be interesting to watch. We have a very long way to go before the bottom falls out of the PM market, and it will never go to zero like a stock or fiat currency can. Physical will always retain value because it has that intrinsic value that paper lacks.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
hello , my buds...this drop in gold prices......
google elliott wave patterns.....
but also the hunts knew to buy silver, and the banks stopped them big time, so silver is best. guns and ammo
the top investment is a secret...for a crisis...as the crisis winds down land with water that will grow crops is tops, that's tha crisis investment, it can be small gardens...gem stones are worthless,
about the gold prices in us dollars try to get this, the stock market will now go through the roof, that sends the dollar down, the us has had a plan to race to the bottom....helps debt ps....it's all contrived....google the carry trade...which happens every wednesday at 5 pm new york time

edit on 20-1-2011 by GBP/JPY because: buy the aud/usd

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
This is a test of faith in gold and silver. There are bankers, government and media spinning fears to pull down gold and silver.

We should not forget that prominent investors like George Soros, David Einhorn and John Paulso have significant positions in gold.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
A test of faith? What are they, jealous gods?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by GirlGenius

I've made 100% return on my PM investments so I don't consider myself on the wrong side of the trade

When you see demand increasing on record scales, yet the price is dropping, there is something funky in the market. It's fueled by the paper metals market, which is a scam that will come crashing down. There are a lot of lawsuits happening now, precisely because TPTB manipulate the markets. I was wondering how they were keeping it up after the COMEX has been emptied. This article presents a possible answer to that question. I don't think it's disinformation at all.

It will be interesting to watch. We have a very long way to go before the bottom falls out of the PM market, and it will never go to zero like a stock or fiat currency can. Physical will always retain value because it has that intrinsic value that paper lacks.

OK, I mean it is arbitrary relating to how much you have made. It doesn't mean you understand concepts and real world market application. You could have made 400% buying Citi sub 1.00/share but it doesn't mean you know what you are doing.

Anytime you read anything about anyone or certain groups of people that are "in the know", you should just stop reading and spend your time on something more constructive. What you are reading is just one giant lie wrapped up nicely to get you to click on a weblink which gives that certain website more advertising leverage.

Everything you have read about COMEX and CFTC is 90% speculation. Do you understand the difference between speculation (opinion) and fact? I'm telling you, you guys are seriously mixed up in a lot of garbage information. You don't even realize it though.

Before you react or even bother posting it, just stop and think. Can this information be 100% verified? If not, trust me, you are getting played. I know I've said it 1000+ times on this website, but blogs are OPINION only without verifiable documented truth (truth /= 50% truth and 50% speculation). If you can logically examine all available materials and make a real world decision based on actual data, then so be it. Otherwise, when I read something like the statement above I have to call shenanigans, unfortunately. Only on very seldom occasions do I see 100% documented verifiable information on this website.

"Paper" metals are not a scam. Try buying and selling SLV. You will actually gain or lose money, how is that fake again? When your account gains or falls will you just call your broker and zero out your account because it is all a scam that has been deduced by the "blogosphere"? There seriously needs to be some realism interjected into this website because let's be honest. It is impossible to have a legitimate intellectual conversation around here more often than not.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Anytime you read anything about anyone or certain groups of people that are "in the know", you should just stop reading and spend your time on something more constructive

Thanks for the advice I stopped reading your post as soon as I read that line...

Sorry couldn't resist

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Student X
A test of faith? What are they, jealous gods?

Yeah. Jealous corrupted gods/aliens who want to buy gold and silver at cheap price.

Ever wonder why silver is scarce? They teleport silver back to mothership to supplement the cloaking technology.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
They are printing yes, but not only america so the dollar won't drop like a stone compared to other currency's.
And on the other side of the press money is lost, gone up in smoke through the decline in real estate and defaulting.
As for gold, isn't the rapid increase a sign of a bubble?
Compared to several years back the dollar has not declined that much compared to other currency's.
Much like real estate, we all were eager to buy, afterall prices were only going up.
Now we know better, but isn't the same thing happening with gold? everybody wants it and is eager to buy.

I'm out of my leage here, as i am only an ordinairy man without money, so if there are flaws in my thinking which i am sure there is, please comment.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by wisdomnotemotion

that explains everything now. why dident i think about that before. im so stupid, everyone know aliens hord silver for there tech's. i even think it helps with there anti gravity devices.
good stuff.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Here is the real reason, courtesy of Tyler Durden at ZeroHedge:

"Wonder why the smart money was rushing headlong out of gold and silver over the past few days, and especially today in the AM session? Here is your answer: in tried and true fashion the Comex just hiked margins in gold, and silver by about 6%, and threw in a few other commodities to mask things up. And unlike the last time it did it, when it could at least pretend to justify its actions with the surge in gold price, this time with the PM complex dropping, we wonder what excuse the CME will use this time. Initial and Maintenance margins were just increased in everything from 10 Tr Oz Gold Futs, Comex 100 Gold Futures, Comex Miny Gold and Silver, E-mini Gold and Silver, Comex 5000 silver futures to Silver trade at settle. Also added were Copper, Iron Ore, propane, butane, and other nat gas. Most notably, and confirming that the administration and the money printing authorities are terrified by the surge in crude, the CME also hiked margins in various refined products and coal. The official scramble to "contain" the aftermath of Bernanke's lunacy is accelerating."

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Everyone comparing PM's to dollars is MISSING the point of investing in PMs.

You do not invest in them to make profit, you invest in them to PROTECT your wealth.

Wealth is a measure of the value of your assets.

Dollars are not assets, they are debt instruments. A dollar has no true intrinsic value. Therefore it's value fluctuates by numerous factors, where PMs do not fluctuate radically. Yes they can be manipulated, but the only way the government can steal their value is to steal the actual PM.

True measure of wealth is based upon the ownership of property or commodities.

In other words, PMs should be used as a Hedge against the devaluing of the fiat currencies. It has always been a good rule of investment to be around 10% invested in stable commodities like silver, gold, platinum etc.

I am thinking that 20-30% would be a good idea now with all the printing presses running full steam ahead.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join