It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Britian's trains suspect?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Travelling down in Britian on the trains a few days ago, I was reminded of the measures taken in the capital to prevent IRA Bin-bombings, namely by making the bins bomb-proof, so they present less of a threat to people.

Travelling down on the trains in Britian, I noticed the inherent bins tucked between rows of seats on the London-Chester line. The idea came to me, that if a terrorist group wanted to cause massive disruption, all they would need to do is place a small (I'm no bomb expert, but I'd venture a guess at around 5 lbs of C4) bomb into one of these bins and explode it at the right time... The resulting explosion would cause the train to derail, as well as ripping apart the carriage, and bringing traffic on that particular line to a stand-still. If this was done on the South-West Central trains in London, this could easily result in a hundred plus casualties, with masssive disruption to the entire capital. Furthermore, if strategically done, you could effectively close down the London tube system and above-surface trains.

Any thoughts?

[edit on 11-7-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Anyway
I personally think America is going to be hit big soon before the election day, and soon afterwards...

new topics

join