It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am so tired of hearing people protest about gun ownership in America.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
OOOOOOHHH NO another gun thread, run, get out while you can. Just kidding.....kinda. S&F
Yeah, I'm sick of it too! Opinions are fine but if you don't live here, it's all subjective.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

That is a bit odd to say the least.

I had a run in with the law several years ago that cops charged me with felony battery with intent to do major bodily harm,

Long story short.
I had no previous record.
The person I attacked (with intent to do major bodily harm) LOL (You'll see why I still laugh to this day about it)who was I believe 24 at the time threw my step son (age 14) up against the wall then punched my best friend 2 or 3 times in the face in a drunken rage. I witnessed this from my table at dinner and approached him right after that incident. I asked him simply what his problem was, He proceeded to throw a punch at me that I dodged. Well, I threw 1 punch. That one punch put him in the hospital for 3 days. Hence my felony charge!?!?!?
How F'd up is it to be charged with a felony of that level for throwing 1 punch?

For fear of never being able to own a firearm for the rest of my life, I plead down to a misdemeanor and agreed to pay his medical deductible of $7,000. Sure I could have fought and probably beat the felony charge, I didn't want to chance losing my right to bear arms.

Hopefully years down the road I am not denied my FOID card because of this incident.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Great post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's do away with police and courts. Give everyone a side arm. Murder should be legal.!!!!! We should let the NRA guys go around and shoot all the prisoners, gangs, rapists, terrorists, burglars....you get the idea.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
For people who say America should be disarmed, how exactly are you going to go about doing that? With more guns? Do you realize that is hypocritical? There already is gun restriction, which I think is unconstitutional as it is, so what more do you want?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by tom1701

That was one of the most uninformed posts on guns I think I have ever read!! Congrats!!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisturbedToo
reply to post by tom1701

That was one of the most uninformed posts on guns I think I have ever read!! Congrats!!

No.. there are worse.. trust me.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I grew up in the South, so as a little kid it was no big deal that everyone and their grandma had a gun. I was taught how to use them, not to ever point them at anyone, even if unloaded. I respect guns and treat them carefully. Also, I'm not afraid of them. My friends who grew up in the suburbs would come over and would flee the room if a gun was sitting on the counter, as if it was going to chase them down and fire on its own. It's a matter of ignorance. I don't understand why gun knowledge isn't taught in schools as a requirement. We have Phys Ed classes, shop classes, etc. why not Gun classes. Teach everyone about safety and proper use from a young age and it wouldn't be an issue.

I think people need to be more informed about guns and I think everyone should carry one. I think violent gun crime would be reduced if everyone knew that everyone else had a gun. That guy in Arizona would have gotten one bullet out before he was gunned down in a bullet hailstorm by those around him if everyone was armed (or maybe he wouldn't have done it at all). Now, after killing lots of people, he gets arrested, taken to trial, he gets to LIVE, maybe even plead insanity. He should have been dropped on the spot. Sorry, starting to ramble.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
i can understand your point of view if you live in california, i'm from upstate ny where if you tryed to take a mans fire arm or beer there'd be an angry mob. i love to hunt and to have the right to own a gun, new law in ny, even if you have a pistol permit you cannot carry it unless your participating in recreational activitys. gun regulations should be more strict in major citys but leave us northern boys ALONE

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Americans will never relinquish their firearms. NEVER. Take the Constitution and burn it, Americans will never give up their guns. Period.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

So are you for or against guns? Its hard to tell from your post. If you or anyone else were to burn the constition, they had best be prepared to have a lot of guns pointed their way.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by tom1701
Great post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's do away with police and courts. Give everyone a side arm. Murder should be legal.!!!!! We should let the NRA guys go around and shoot all the prisoners, gangs, rapists, terrorists, burglars....you get the idea.

Congratulations on not spouting off a reactionary, fully emotion based response instead of formulating and presenting an informed opinion and presenting it in a convincing manner that displays the evidence and cites the influences which brought you to the conclusions that you state.

Oh wait, that's the opposite of what you did! Nevermind, silly me. ;-)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

My opinion is we need to take the second part of the second amendment seriously. I think that every gun owner should not only undergo psychological evaluation but should have to join a well-regulated militia that gives training and guidance on responsible gun ownership.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I understand completely where you are coming from OP. And I agree that yes, you have the constitutional right to bear arms. I won't disagree one bit. I have 2 questions for Americans on here, from an Aussie trying to understand your viewpoint about firearms (and no, I'm not trying to be patronizing in any way):-

1. I see ALOT of Americans on here saying that they own firearms because they have the right to, as afforded them by the Constitution, which is fair enough. My first question is:- How many of you actually NEED said Firearms???

2. Leading on from question 1, I also see that alot of Americans say that they need Firearms for protection. Fair enough again. Question 2 is this:- How many of you have actually NEEDED to use said Firearm for self defence???

As I said, in no way am I trying to be patronizing, and in no way am I trying to be holier than thou. I just want to try to understand better. Simple as that. And all I ask for is an honest answer.

And as for my personal opinion, I am honestly on the fence with this issue. I have no problems with people owning Firearms (even here in Australia) if they are a necessity, but at the same time, I don't really see why people who DON'T need them, own them.

To me, if you don't need them, but have one, it's simply because of fear. Fear of being hurt. Fear of being killed (hell, who doesn't have fear like that at some point?), just a basic fear.

I sincerely hope I haven't offended anyone by asking these questions, and making the comments I have. As I said, I just wanna try and get a better perspective of things

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I don't disagree with Americans being able to own a gun.

What does concern me most is the bravado of some American gun owners (Notice i said some, not all) and i'm not talking about the criminals here either.

The... 'You come on my property or come near me and i'll mow you down with my *insert gun name here*'...... shoot now and ask questions later attitude.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by skitzspiricy

=Thank you for that statement mate. I know someone who just got a CCW permit. and showed me the pistol. He u loaded it and I verified that it was clear. Ok gooes back to learning and my training. My point is there are responsible gun owners out there

@Stupidgirl Honey you are far from stupid

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoagy1199
reply to post by skitzspiricy

=Thank you for that statement mate. I know someone who just got a CCW permit. and showed me the pistol. He u loaded it and I verified that it was clear. Ok gooes back to learning and my training. My point is there are responsible gun owners out there

@Stupidgirl Honey you are far from stupid

I'll second that comment mate. From what I see, and basic common sense, it comes down to the PERSON. At the end of the day, we ALL could carry a firearm, but it all depends on how the persons mental state is, and whether or not they are passive or aggressive.

There have been plenty of times when I have thought to myself "damn, it would be better/easier if I was carrying a firearm", and there have been other times when I have thought "thank f**k I'm NOT carrying a firearm".

At the end of the day, it comes down to each individual, and how the respond to the situation.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Stupid Girl is actually really smart hehe.

And I really like the energy you put into your OP.

Getting fired up about freedom?

Someone said they don't like guns because they allow totally untrained people to dominate and defeat someone else with more training.

That's exactly why I love the idea of personal gun ownership.

It gives my wife a chance to defend herself and take down some massive guy trying to rape/kill her. That's why we call the gun the Equalizer.

The Gun is a mighty tool, if used for Good. It can give the meek a chance to finally stand up to the strong.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

So can someone trained well enough in hand to hand combat - i.e. Karate, and the rest of the multitudes of other hand to hand combat courses.

I understand where you are coming from mate, and I agree, but the simple fact is this - if the person is there to rape your wife etc, then he/she/it is close enough for the use of hand to hand combat.

But as the saying goes "to each their own....."

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TerribleTeam2

It's simple just don't be an idiot. Training, practice make all the difference in the world. I taught my Ex-wife to shoot (stupid me) but she learned everything about the pistol before she ever fired a round. That includes field stripping and cleaning.

I've been through too much to take anymore chances.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by hoagy1199

Well I commend you on that mate. I honestly do. And I wish more people were like your good self. The problem is, there are those out there that don't think before they do, so they think "OMG I CAN OWN A GUN NOW!!!!!1111"

And to be honest, Having grown up in a house where my old man is ex-Army, and is now completely Anti-War, Anti-Gun, I honestly do wish there were more decent people like yourself. I really do. Because as I said before, it comes down to the PERSON!!!

I commend you on the way you are, good sir
A star and flag for you

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join