It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

41% of NYC pregnancies end in abortion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

yup, sanger was one scary nazi bitch my book.

"The most merciful thing that a large family does to one of its infant members is to kill it." Margaret Sanger, Women and the New Race (Eugenics Publ. Co., 1920, 1923)

and not to downplay your point, as a jew i'm familiar with the genocide concept.
the o.p. is based on voluntary abortions.
the mindset of the individual may be coerced by societal influence, yet the mother to be in general was not drug into the clinic bound and gagged.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I have read no real studies on it.. a decade in an ER has shown me in living color what women suffer due to it.

Yes you most definitely HAVE read "studies" on it - this is where you got that list of "complications" - straight form anti choice PROPAGANDA. ALL of it has been proven FALSE.

I don't believe for ONE SECOND that you EVER worked in an ER. And on the off chance you did - you likely saw very few abortion complications because done correctly - abortion is one the safest medical procedures.

An ER worker would KNOW that.

Your post is a text book example of anti choice propaganda.

Claiming to have worked in an ER yet having no knowledge of abortion complications beyond "what you have seen" is where you hung yourself. People actually have to go to school to work in medicine - during which - one is given much instruction and much reading. If you had "read no studies" - you have clearly not had any medical education.

FAIL.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by rubbertramp
is it truly so much of a race issue?

Margaret Sanger was a notorious racist.
Seems her dream (nightmare, really) is coming true ...

Abortion is black genocide

The purpose of this web site is to expose the disproportionate amount of Black babies destroyed by the abortion industry. For every two African American women that get pregnant one will choose to abort. A Black baby is 5 times more likely to be killed in the womb than a White Baby.

This is an EXCELLENT point and a great post.

If only people could understand that the "pro-choice" lobby was and is an extremely progressive/liberal operation, and then make the connection between the progressive stance and their desire to have absolute control over the population...even to the extent of selectively killing minority babies before they are born.

yes, beyond a doubt it is the liberals who keep abortion a womens choice.
i wish i had a bit more time on my hands.
it would be interesting to see if any numbers are available concerning conservative abortions.
i'd think conservative women would be much less likely to admit having the procedure.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whiffer Nippets

I have read no real studies on it.. a decade in an ER has shown me in living color what women suffer due to it.

Yes you most definitely HAVE read "studies" on it - this is where you got that list of "complications" - straight form anti choice PROPAGANDA. ALL of it has been proven FALSE.

I don't believe for ONE SECOND that you EVER worked in an ER. And on the off chance you did - you likely saw very few abortion complications because done correctly - abortion is one the safest medical procedures.

An ER worker would KNOW that.

Your post is a text book example of anti choice propaganda.

Claiming to have worked in an ER yet having no knowledge of abortion complications beyond "what you have seen" is where you hung yourself. People actually have to go to school to work in medicine - during which - one is given much instruction and much reading. If you had "read no studies" - you have clearly not had any medical education.

FAIL.

Do not call me a liar. I have read NO studies on it nor propaganda. Nurses do NOT get special training on abortions.You obviously have never worked in the medical field or you would know that we see a lot of women come in post abortion. Its VERY common for a piece of placenta to still adhere to the wall of the uterus and bleed non stop.. they come in and they are scheduled for a D&C.... VERY common. The largest complaint post abortion is excessive bleeding. Sometimes its for perforations or abrasions as well. We also had transfers from other hospitals because we were the largest trauma hospital in the tristate area. Catholic hospitals will always transfer if the person isnt in a medical emergency.

Its okay to disagree with someone, but you make yourself look foolish when you try to attack a person and try to disparage their character and call them a liar. There are plenty of RNs on this site and they will confirm that you are NOT instructed on abortions and abortion complications specifically and there are common complications that come in.

I had to add.. if youd have read here or had spoken to me in other abortion conversations.. Im **pro-choice**. Im simply pro-choice with the idea that there should be more education on the truth of what can happen and efel there should be preventative measures that ensure the prevention of unwanted pregnancy is that is in fact what the goal is for the person.. not delivering an unwanted child. I also believe that there is very little personal accountability taught or demanded when women are having multiple abortions as a form of birth control.
edit on 20-1-2011 by Advantage because: added something

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

You are *calling yourself* a liar, you need no help. If you *were* a nurse - you would know - that part of the education is a rotation through gynecology and childbirth during which - abortion and any complications ARE covered. It is too common a procedure NOT to be covered. Miscarried pregnancies are even referred to as spontaneous abortions. And one surely must know of ANY complications that would arise from ANY discontinuance of pregnancy.

I forgot to address another "point" you made earlier - with which - once again- you hang yourself. Copying it here so you can't edit it out -

Women seem to be so concerned about their rights to do what they want they never take into account the victims n their little rights war... other women. Higher incidents of breast cancer, loss of fertility

Now. Supposedly you never "read anything" , not even in school, - you have just "seen" things in the ER.

Well how is it that you can "see" breast cancer and infertility? These things are coming through the ER, are they? Where exactly did you hear of such complications - if you have had no gyne training and have not "read any studies"?

So what? Women come into the ER grabbing their breasts and yelling I do believe I got the breast cancer from an abortion? People come into the ER with fertility problems? Right. Regardless of anything medical you fail on simple logic at every turn.

You're a straight up Propagandist reading from the same (FALSE) Anti Abortion "complication" talking points that are floating around all over.

And I don't believe you have EVER worked in any medical field. You contradict yourself. And claim to have NO basic training that is standard in every US medical school? BTW - if you DID actually have any medical training you would know that all your so called "abortion complications" have been PROVEN FALSE.

YOU are the one who looks foolish.

ETA - copying yet another illogical quote from you so you can't edit and backtrack -

I have read NO studies on it nor propaganda. Nurses do NOT get special training on abortions.

If you have read NO studies or Propaganda - where did you get the breast cancer BS? Seen alot of boobies falling off in the ER, did you?

BTW - I have over a decade of education in the sciences and know all about medical education. You can try to BS others but it ain't gonna fly with me.

edit on 20-1-2011 by Whiffer Nippets because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whiffer Nippets

You are *calling yourself* a liar, you need no help. If you *were* a nurse - you would know - that part of the education is a rotation through gynecology and childbirth during which - abortion and any complications ARE covered. It is too common a procedure NOT to be covered. Miscarried pregnancies are even referred to as spontaneous abortions. And one surely must know of ANY complications that would arise from ANY discontinuance of pregnancy.

I forgot to address another "point" you made earlier - with which - once again- you hang yourself. Copying it here so you can't edit it out -

Women seem to be so concerned about their rights to do what they want they never take into account the victims n their little rights war... other women. Higher incidents of breast cancer, loss of fertility

Now. Supposedly you never "read anything" , not even in school, - you have just "seen" things in the ER.

Well how is it that you can "see" breast cancer and infertility? These things are coming through the ER, are they? Where exactly did you hear of such complications - if you have had no gyne training and have not "read any studies"?

So what? Women come into the ER grabbing their breasts and yelling I do believe I got the breast cancer from an abortion? People come into the ER with fertility problems? Right. Regardless of anything medical you fail on simple logic at every turn.

You're a straight up Propagandist reading from the same (FALSE) Anti Abortion "complication" talking points that are floating around all over.

And I don't believe you have EVER worked in any medical field. You contradict yourself. And claim to have NO basic training that is standard in every US medical school? BTW - if you DID actually have any medical training you would know that all your so called "abortion complications" have been PROVEN FALSE.

YOU are the one who looks foolish.

SIGH

Of course we are familiar with OB/GYN yet there were NO specific classes or sections of study on abortion and complications. Im pretty sure we arent talking about spontaneous abortions here and that has nothing to do with elective abortion complications. At absolutely NO point do I EVER recall abortions being highlighted. We are not doctors.. we are not in the business of diagnosis or performing that kind of medical procedure. Of course we are taught things concerning ob/gyn complications as a result of medical procedures..you are making no sense claiming otherwise. Where you get "rotation through GYN and childbirth" to work in an ER is completely out there. There were no rotations of any kind for me nor anyone else I had ever heard of. I graduated an RN with emergency medicine specialty.. which is a simple side course offered at the time.. unnecessary but was available... and during the nursing crunch in the late 80's I was hired from out of state and went to work immediately in the ER. NO rotations nor anything else you are claiming.

Breast cancer and infertility was covered in THE NEWS even as late as last year and was even discussed here.. you CAN read things without seeking out studies on percentages of the complications. It was nothing I ever read in a study and I hadnt read any study at any time on the percentages of these complications. I was very clear that I hadn't read any studies about the percentages and know only what I had seen when working. Breast cancer obviously isnt spontaneous after an abortion. Stop being ridiculous. I did not mean Id seen spontaneous breast cancer immediately after abortions in the ER and I cant imagine any normal person would think I meant that from what I said.

"My abortion complications" have NOT been proven false. There are many common complications including the few I mentioned earlier. One minute yu say there are no complications and the next you claim I should have been taught a course on them. To claim that there are none is insanity. Is your position worthy of lying about the real complications that arise out of this procedure? There are NO 100% safe medical procedures.Not all are life threatening and I never indicated that, there are common complications that arent being communicated to the women who have these procedures IMO, or they wouldnt choose it as a form of birth control.

I will no longer participate in your hate fest and I will no longer play defense to your offense. YOU are the kind that does the most damage to any rational pro-choice conversation and makes every pro-choice person look bad. I dont care if you believe me or not really. The tone of your posts speak for themselves. If you declaring victory and feeling youve won a "message board battle" makes you feel good or you need it for whatever reason, have at it. If this conversation makes ONE woman research it a bit and make more informed decisions concerning the FACTS .. then I really am okay with it. I realize I open myself up to people like you when I post personal information and Im okay with accepting responsibility for that, but I can tell you if you do the thread stalking BS your kind engages in, I will not be as willing to put up with your behavior.

have a great day, Im off to other conversations

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
ABORTION IS MURDER - PURE and SIMPLE. You youngsters better wake the hell up, your country is dieing. OH by the way, I am not a Republican I am a conservative independent. You kids have become dumb'd down sheeple. You liberal idiots. You fools.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
If the descendants of slaves (Obama is not) cannot appreciate the concept of "less than human" then who can?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join