It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man held in Koran burning inquiry

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I never said the uk will ever belong to islam. i stated how hundreds of extremists can shout at the pope saying he's a peadophille without getting done for religous hatred and carrying signs saying jesus hates the pope

How about when MAC put up hundreds of posters saying christmas is evil and is the cause of stds and rape yet get away without causing relgious hatred

Imagine if someone did the same making posters about ramadan, mentioning honour killings, female circumsion etc woudl they be proseceuted ? Of course they would.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by RisingForce

www.speroforum.com...

Muslim arrested for racial hatred.

www.jihadwatch.org...

Muslims arrested for honour killing

www.thisislondon.co.uk...

Muslim arrested for fake kidnapping

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Muslim arrested for inciting violence

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Muslim arrested for terrorism

bikyamasr.com...

Five muslims arrested for inciting violence.

www.khilafah.com...

Muslim deported

www.thesun.co.uk...

Muslim arrested on terrorism charges...

etc etc

Muslims are NOT above the British law. Nor are they getting away with anything.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Obviously you're not being funny... you are simply reciting what has been splayed in the MSM. Would you care to give official references that indicate the cause of the civilian casualties? I mean, to simplify that, WHO KILLED THE CIVILIANS? Don't go blaming this on the war, I want to know what forces are killing all of these civilians!

I was a soldier over there back in 2005-2006. The ROE [rules of engagement] strictly enforces the escalation of force. WE DO NOT KILL UNARMED NON-COMBATANTS! Yes, sometimes there are accidents, but not in the numbers you are talking about. These people that are getting killing are mainly being killed by suicide bombers blowing themselves up inside of populated areas with complete disregard for ALL human life. The insurgency sees any Muslim that works on a foreign military base as a traitor. THAT IS FACT! Don't try to argue this point, and don't try to be condescending. That's simply rude.

If you think I am lying, walk around an Arab city wearing sunglasses and taking pictures. Most (not all) will turn away and hide from you. This is not because they are camera-shy, this is because they truly think you are attempting to hurt or steal their soul. Like I said, I have been there, I have experienced this. Have you, sir?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I believe that we in the westt are morally superior to the moslem fundamentalists even if Xtianity is in decline. On this basis we should not get into the gutter by burning the Koran and leave them to burn the bible. They will look dumb in the long term.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
If it is of any interest, my local newspaper is reporting that a second man has been arrested in connection with the book burning.

A group representing the ethnic mix in Carlisle has condemned the burning of the Koran in the city centre as an abhorrent act. (c) CN Group A police officer next to the burning book. Submitted photo. But the group also says that it was an isolated incident which does not reflect the typical attitude of people living in the city. Two men have been arrested on suspicion of using racially aggravated words and behaviour. They were bailed until February 8 and March 3

SOURCE

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Well multiculturalism and decency: One

White and Islamic ignorance and bigotry: Nil

The struggle continues!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
If anyone is still following this here is the update....he got 70 days in prison!!

www.bbc.co.uk...

A former soldier has been sentenced to 70 days in prison for setting fire to a copy of Muslim holy book the Koran in the centre of Carlisle. Andrew Ryan had previously admitted religiously aggravated harassment and theft of a Koran from a library. The 32-year-old, of Summerhill, said he had been "shocked" watching a Muslim burning a poppy on Remembrance Day.

I admit, I felt anger towards the poppies burning, and I can't help but feel sympathy for Andrew.

While being handcuffed he shouted: "What about my country? What about burning poppies?"

Says it all doesn't it, he has a very good point, why should we be punished and yet they get away with it, disgraceful.

On the other hand, as it says in the Article up here in Cumbria we are known for being the least racist / intolerant etc in the country and this tarnishes that reputation.

edit on 18/4/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

edit on 18/4/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join