It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man held in Koran burning inquiry

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

As per British's enforcement of its official church and religion (Church of England - Christian) shouldn't this be a thing that 'God' smiles upon? I just find it wrong in general. If I want to piss on a bible, then use a Quran to wipe my rear, then so be it. Simply put, its all paper anyway. In 5000 years it will all have decayed away, and I highly doubt 'God' (by any name) is going to prevent that from happening.

And since when did Islam become a race? That is what one needs to have in oder to be a racist, right? You can't be a racist against a religion. Even the term racism is screwed up as there is only one human 'race'. If you don't believe that, then you need to sit in on a physical anthropology class. My DNA is the same as a black, Asian, and/or Muslim man's will be.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I do not condone burning Bibles or Korans. I am not a respecter of the practioners of these fundamentalist religions but why give offense in such a way. The clampdown on Islam is comming in the UK because it will be a sure votecatcher for some whore of a politician.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
As a bit of a balance, this happened in the same police force area. the 2 places being about 30 miles apart

Preach er wins Compensation

I think this proves the kind of "politics" that have been forced onto the police forces and ultimately the population of the UK

it's very easy to pass half baked anti discrimination laws without thinking throught the workable consequences

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Seitler

Okay, lets suppose we remove the word racsism, and insert xenophobia instead. That is the pathetic agenda of people who do not understand something , hating it as a result.
It must be admitted that persons who partake of xenophobia are not participating in society in a proper and civilised manner, and like the last time great numbers of these idiots rose to any significant power, they must be crushed and prevented from having any affect on the future of mankind. I do not care which race, religion, or creed they follow, xenophobes must be ended, by peaceful means idealy speaking, and by all the other means if not.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
thank god we i live in the land of free speech . but seriously its just a book with words on it if they think their faith be diminished because some moron burns some reprocessed plant materiel to bad. all this guy was doing was trying to show goverment that uk citizens are tgired of the goverment bending over backwards to accomodate Muslims. europe is facing the muslims version of a crusade instead of raping and killing across europe . the muslims are conquring through fear . fear of causing reprisals , fear of being seen as politically incorrect. so they go after their own people we they speech out

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom502
This just shows how the UK is now under Islamic control. If a "cleric" burned a flag or a Bible, they would allow him in with honors, but someone burns or threatens to burn the UK holy book, then they are arrested or denied entry.

What a load of crap.

The UK has various laws that deal with religious hatred. If the UK was under 'islamic control', then explain to me why Islam4Uk was determined to be a terrorist affiliation and promptly shut down and made illegal?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Sure let's arrest the guy that burns the Koran but nevermind the Muslims who burn the poppy! Live in our country, make banners that say "kill all British troops" but they are happy enough to live in the uk and claim our benefits, all the people that do this should be deported!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Thank you Mr Lizard for making that point, it needed making. All this fear based crap about the Islamic take over of our nation is pathetic, and mewled only by the gutless and emotionaly and psychologicaly stunted fools in the BNP , EDL and other nationalist and fundamentaly flawed groups of that nature.
Shame on all who spout this drivel. Those who adhere to this pathetic attitude are an insult to the WW2 fighters who sacrificed themselves so that those living in Britain now could speak English and not german. They are nothing but xenophobes, and are the worst examples of what being British is about.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

What a load of crap. The UK has various laws that deal with religious hatred. If the UK was under 'islamic control', then explain to me why Islam4Uk was determined to be a terrorist affiliation and promptly shut down and made illegal?

Is that the same islam4uk that has changed it's name every time they got banned ?. The same Islam4uk know known as Muslim against crusaders run by anjem choudary ? The same Islam4uk who's members where arrested for planning to set bombs off in london at christmas ? The same islam4uk that protested when the pope visited and were screaming peadophille at him yet were not arrested for religious hatred ?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Police are going for suspicion of using racially aggravated threatening words or behaviour, load of crap if you ask me, where does racism fit into religeon?

Think I'll nip into Carlisle tomorrow and burn the new testement and see what happens (lol, kidding of course, probably get done for littering anyway)

The story from our local Cumbria newspaper here:

Carlisle man arrested after 'Koran burning' in city centre
edit on 23/1/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by RisingForce

A handfull of idiots who preach hatred, does not equate to Islamic rule.

Much in the same way the BNP isn't in charge or the monster raving loony party or UKIP or anyone else.

The UK does not belong to Islam, never will...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
OK, and thank you me lizard for your mature U2U thing.
I'm not in the UK so I have no foot in the battle. But from what I read, they give a special treatment to Muslims, and even have an effort to have shria law become an official way of doing some things. And even toilets I have read are having an effort to change because muslims stand on them instead of sit. Now I am not sure of the facts of all this, but it is things I have read, and the bulk of the relplies here in this thread seemed to side mostly with me, in essence. Now it is not "fascist", it is anti-fascist, because an Islamic Sharia Totalitarian society would be Fascist. People who don't want special treatments with an anti-English bent, are not the "Fascists". The Fascists are those who want one special law for Muslims, and another for others. Of course the word "fascist" is being used wrongly all around, but replace that with anti-freedom totalitarianism. A nation gives way for one, but not for another, is not equal and just.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Actually did you know 15000 uk citizens emigrate each year and 10000 people of Muslim background emigrate to th uk so eventually................................... Do the maths

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom502
OK, and thank you me lizard for your mature U2U thing.
I'm not in the UK so I have no foot in the battle. But from what I read, they give a special treatment to Muslims, and even have an effort to have shria law become an official way of doing some things. And even toilets I have read are having an effort to change because muslims stand on them instead of sit. Now I am not sure of the facts of all this, but it is things I have read, and the bulk of the relplies here in this thread seemed to side mostly with me, in essence. Now it is not "fascist", it is anti-fascist, because an Islamic Sharia Totalitarian society would be Fascist. People who don't want special treatments with an anti-English bent, are not the "Fascists". The Fascists are those who want one special law for Muslims, and another for others. Of course the word "fascist" is being used wrongly all around, but replace that with anti-freedom totalitarianism. A nation gives way for one, but not for another, is not equal and just.

No problem.

Well... I live in the UK. I'm from a mostly white working class town, although i'm living elsewhere in England at the moment.

Trust me, i've not seen a single Islamic toilet, nor have I been subjected to sharia law. Not quite sure where you're getting your information from really?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I have to say, here in Cumbria there is definatley less Muslims than any other county in the UK. I know maybe a handful at most, all good people too who are sickened by the actions of the extremists and such like.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by moosevernel
I think what this man has done is disgusting but i see no difference in what this man has done and what islamic extremists have done at various protests throughout England at deceased troops returning home and burning the poppy etc.

Oh the difference is easy to spot. He'd have gotten away with it if he was a minority burning a Bible. It all boils down to the political correctness run amok. Minorities don't need protection anymore, that's a given. They can hold huge rallies outside burning bibles, poppy's etc. without as much as a raised eyebrow from anyone.

It's a double standard that's ruining the Western society.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by tom502

Tom, you quite frankly cannot possibly know what you are talking about if you think for a moment that Sharia law, or any of its workings are, or ever could be adopted in this country. With the greatest due respect, there is no one who fears that occurance in this nation, other than the rascists and bigots I have mentioned already. The reason they are talking about it , is to drum up support from other idiots who havent yet been indoctrinated into the ideal of hate, represented by the so called nationalist persons in this nation.
The truth is, if a person cannot accept that Britain would not even exist if it werent for other cultures, then they are fools, and anyone who wants to eject persons from other cultures out of fear, is a fool and a rascist. These people are trying to drum up fear and mistrust with thier prattle , and thier fear mongering. Its a classic fascist tool and you KNOW that because you probably know your history. The Nazis did the same to gain support for their anti semitism, slandering the names of Jews everywhere with either inaccurate accusations, or generalisations which meant nothing.
Its quite true there are tiny fundamentalist groups of Muslims here in the UK who want Sharia law, but the only people complaining about it are the ignorant fascists. Everyone of sound mind and who has the ability to reason, or for that matter any idea what Britain stands for, knows it will never happen, and carries on thier lives happy in the knowledge without making utter phalluses of themselves or joining what amounts to the neo nazi uprising in this country.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

You talk about ending xenophobia, but you fail to see that most Arabic people living in Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran, and the rest of the area are scared of anyone that is not Arabic. I've been there and have experienced it first hand. Most are still scared that cameras are going to steal their souls, and sunglasses can be used to see through their womens' clothing. This is because they are being fed propaganda by their leaders. They fear us! So they are trying as hard as they can to get rid of us. If you try to explain the truths, most will shake their heads as if they are understand, but the moment you leave they are trying to find ways to end your life.

I'm not saying that us hating them is just, but I am saying that they have given us reason to be mistrusting of them. How many non-Arab people do you see blowing themselves up a market area? Or trying to drive vehicles into buildings so they can kill random people that probably have no connection to anyone or anything they are even fighting.
edit on 1/23/2011 by Seitler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Seitler

Im not being funny here buddy , but lets be honest about the numbers shall we? Suicide bombers kill many people its true. But the amount of civillian casualties caused by the coallition forces on the war on terror is by far greater, and I mean tens of thousands greater, at least. Its not a debating point , its a fact. What is NOT a fact is that all Muslim people who come here to Britain are under the impression that your soul can be stolen by a camera. You sir are talking from your effluent hole on that score. If you cannot be accurate, why comment at all?
Seems to me that you have no idea what Muslims think of us IN GENERAL, because you have only been exposed to the propegandist veiw of Muslims, Islam, the whole shabang. The fact is that the large, overwhelming majority of Muslims have nothing but hatred for the xenophobes in thier own ranks, and would be appalled at the assumption of thier ignorance of the modern world by other people. Also you may want to think about what your ignorance about Muslims says about you , because I would wager whatever it says about you cannot be good. I would rectify that if I were you . Go read up.
Other than that, most people of any religion , race or creed really want, is peace and a place to call home. We all have a right to that, no matter where we are from , or what we believe. That also , is not a point for debate, but a fact.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

TextBut the amount of civillian casualties caused by the coallition forces on the war on terror is by far greater

I totally agree with what your saying but this is totally wrong I'm a British soldier and civilian collateral damage is the thing thats taken into account more than anything, can you state things that are factual please.

Dont get me wrong we have killed civilians by accident but no way as many as the insurgents

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join