It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tampon shortage causes women to bid AND pay 75 bucks for a box of OB

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I saw this on the news and laughed so hard.

Ok women you will more than likely get this one.

Apparently OB's are out of stock and the shelves are empty and women are freaking out so they have gone to EBAY to get their tampons. Yes women are paying more than the retail price for a box of OB non applicator tampons...now with there being a slew of other types why would ANYONE spend that much money on tampons? A plug is a plug! Its not like you need them for a month so get a different kind this month and when the shelves are restocked then buy the OB brand...I just don't get this....although now I have an urge to hit up WalMart buy boxes of these and put them on ebay

The recent disappearance of a popular tampon brand is really cramping the style of city women.

Drugstore shelves have been mysteriously empty of o.b. nonapplicator tampons since late fall, leaving the feminine hygiene product's devotees puzzled and peeved.

The popular product is in such short supply that eBay users are bidding up to $76 for three packs, which usually sell for just $8.79 a pack.

ht tp://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2011/01/19/2011-01-19_tampon_hunt_mystery_as_ob_brand_cant_be_found_at_stores_leading_to_bids_on_ebay.html

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
There was already a topic created on this subject last night

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Pittsburgh

I didnt' see it...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I mean, if this was the male equivalent, and we had no male-toms from a preferred supplier... we'd be rioting in the streets and probably stealing TV's.

You certainly are the fairer sex. Thank you for being so.

Thanks while holding a stolen TV,
Shane

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Awesome! I've been hoarding tampons for the past decade waiting for this moment. SELL SELL SELL!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by goochball

lol Gooch

You's got to make your money someways!

Having just pawned a stolen TV for $$$$
Shane

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
On a hopefully unrelated note....

Battlefield trauma packs often contain OB or other unscented type tampons for the packing of throuh and through bullet wounds...

Maybe someone somewhere saw someone else stockpiling the ammo and decided tampons were cheaper....
talk about being HOLIER than thou.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Ha ha ha .... well a girl has her favorite brands. In my house all three woman use different brands.

I preferred OB and since my hysterectomy don't need them any more. The liberation is unbelievable, and he savings.

Any one want the unopened boxes, just "call" they're yours.

Thanks for the laugh OP.

top topics

join