It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeing a ghost of someone who is alive

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Is there such a thing as seeing a ghost of someone who is actually alive?

Something very strange and weird has just happened to me in the last 30 mins. I am currently at work and just got up to go to the toilet. Our office is quite large, split in two with a a corridor leading from both sides of the office towards the toilets. I was walking down the corridor, approaching from one end, and a guy who works in the other side of the office was approaching from the other end. So we were walking towards each other. As we got close to each other I nod my head to acknowledge him

He goes into the toilet before me and the door closes, I enter literally 2 or 3 seconds later. Theres no one in the toilet!!! .. Theres only one way in and out. Our works toilets are quiet small, so theres nowhere to hide. When I leave the toilet, hes at his desk, where he has been for ages apparently. Its kind off freaked me out. Have I just been hallucinating or could I have actually seen him or something going into the toilet before i did?
edit on 20-1-2011 by Paulos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
people do report this. its most probaly a replay in time. these been reports of people seeing themselfs walking into there own house ect....

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Id seriously consider him a time traveler. That to me sounds like his timeline is fuzzy and there is a cross in dimensions.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Back when my ex lived with me I was walking towards the bedroom and seen her walking towards me, I moved over so she could pass but when she got beside me, she vanished. Then when I walked into the bedroom she was in the bed asleep. She would also say she would see me sitting in front of the downstairs computer, but I wouldn't even be home.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by MonkeyWrench30
Id seriously consider him a time traveler. That to me sounds like his timeline is fuzzy and there is a cross in dimensions.

I have just been thinking about that actually. Maybe I crossed into another dimension for a brief moment or maybe he, from another dimension, crossed into this one.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Awesome experience. Bi-location is the only explanation i can guess.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Very interesting story....
I have read/heard of travelling in the 'Astral'. One can project themselves out of their body and travel anywhere. Astral Projection, Out of Body Experiences...
Could be...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Paulos

Great story . You could have also seen a "DOPPLEGANGER" .

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Wow this ties into something i was just talking about. At the very base level of reality we're seeing strange activity with particles. The photon double slit experiment explains this.

A laser is highly tuned to shoot a single photon each time it's fired. Its firing at a wall with 2 slits in it. You'd expect the particles to create groupings behind each slit, as if you did this with soccer balls, that's what you'd see exactly. The problem is, you see 3 pools, 1 behind each slit, and one in the middle. This is where it get's crazy. The single photon goes through BOTH slits, at the same time. They have also done this test with molecules and get the same result. Particles occupying more than 1 point in space and time. It gets weirder if you try to place a measuring device, as if you are watching, they won't do it. Now watching doesn't mean you looking, it means even if a stray electron floats by, the particle doesn't do the weirdness.

This is the mystery of quantum mechanics, the field that also stipulates multiple universes and extra dimensions.

It is theoretically possible you are occupying space in multiple universes at once, and some how you caught a glimpse of the other one.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paulos

Something very strange and weird has just happened to me in the last 30 mins.
I can't explain your experience, but there's a word for the ghost of a living person, it's called "doppelganger".

What is a Doppelganger?

A doppelganger, also spelled doppelgaenger, can be the ghost of a living person or any other sort of physical double. The idea of a doppelganger is sometimes similar to that of an "evil twin." The word doppelganger comes from the German Doppelgaenger, literally meaning "double-goer."

There are many different types of doppelganger, as the definition of the term has become somewhat loose, encompassing any sort of double. The doppelganger may be ghostly or appear in the flesh. It may be an "evil twin" unknown to the original person who causes mischief by confusing friends and relatives, or it may be the result of the original person being in two places at once through an act of sorcery.
So did you see a doppelganger?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
He was in a OBE state

or you saw a vision of the futur or the past

maybe he entered another door and you though he was entering the toilet ?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

I can't explain your experience, but there's a word for the ghost of a living person, it's called "doppelganger".

What is a Doppelganger?

A doppelganger, also spelled doppelgaenger, can be the ghost of a living person or any other sort of physical double. The idea of a doppelganger is sometimes similar to that of an "evil twin." The word doppelganger comes from the German Doppelgaenger, literally meaning "double-goer."

There are many different types of doppelganger, as the definition of the term has become somewhat loose, encompassing any sort of double. The doppelganger may be ghostly or appear in the flesh. It may be an "evil twin" unknown to the original person who causes mischief by confusing friends and relatives, or it may be the result of the original person being in two places at once through an act of sorcery.

I have no idea if it was a doppleganger or not. He didnt appear ghostly, he just looked normal. The guy who I saw hasn't worked here for very long, he only started about a month or so ago, so I dont know much about him. Maybe he is a sorcerer

edit on 20-1-2011 by Paulos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Paulos

When you saw him at his desk was he working? Or was he like most of the office people I encounter that seem to stare off into space. Just wondering b/c if he was somewhere deep in thought maybe he was traveling astrally like another poster suggested. I know I've zoned out before and experience some weird stuff before snapping out of it.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
He was in a OBE state

or you saw a vision of the futur or the past

maybe he entered another door and you though he was entering the toilet ?

It couldnt have been any other door as the toilets are away from any office or any other door. They are by themselves and set back off the corridor so theres only one door for the toilet surrounded by walls. The ladies toilets are on the opposite side so he couldnt have gone in there by mistake either.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

What is a Doppelganger?

Could have only been an evil twin if he had a goatee. Unless the "original" has a goatee and the "double" doesn't. If the second is the case, keep an eye on the new guy O.o
edit on 20-1-2011 by angrymomma because: Because my brain goes faster than my fingers and I leave words outs >. extra DIV

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by angrymomma
reply to post by Paulos

When you saw him at his desk was he working? Or was he like most of the office people I encounter that seem to stare off into space. Just wondering b/c if he was somewhere deep in thought maybe he was traveling astrally like another poster suggested. I know I've zoned out before and experience some weird stuff before snapping out of it.

Thats a good question, I would think he was working but like everyone else he was looking at a computer screen, He could have been zoned out for a while i guess.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I believe that something terrible happened to all of us, maybe not directly but certainly something that has affected us all greatly.

I think I died and I think there are more people out there than myself that believe this same "uncanniness" that surrounds us. Did something happen that was not suppose to? Are we living a time-line that was not meant to be? Are these apparitions somehow the energies thrust back, then forward in time so that we may correct a most horrible "undoing"? I suspect so because something is terribly wrong with our greater picture surrounding us.

I began asking if I died in November. I would love to hear if anyone else is feeling this.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

I once read a theory similar to what you speak of. It was something along the lines of when someone has a lot of unfinished business or unresolved issues, their consciousness is unable to "ascend" and are stuck in "hell" trying to resolve their issues and only then can they "ascend." It was thought that this plane was where we went to work out our issues. I can't remember where I read that, I just remember that I did. It's a very interesting theory to say the least.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

I find your comment quite interesting Greensage, but I have 1 question. You say that you began asking, "Have I died?" back in november. What I wanna know is, were you injured or in an accident or something?? Or you think it may of happened and you have absolutely no recollection of the event that caused it?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage
I believe that something terrible happened to all of us, maybe not directly but certainly something that has affected us all greatly.

I think I died and I think there are more people out there than myself that believe this same "uncanniness" that surrounds us. Did something happen that was not suppose to? Are we living a time-line that was not meant to be? Are these apparitions somehow the energies thrust back, then forward in time so that we may correct a most horrible "undoing"? I suspect so because something is terribly wrong with our greater picture surrounding us.

I began asking if I died in November. I would love to hear if anyone else is feeling this.

I've never really thought about that, its interesting though. It does sound a little like the ending of Lost

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join