It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brain Switch and Bonneh's Illusion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 02:43 AM
link   
In another post called �left brain right test� in this forum in which I put forward information on some research done as to if the bias a brain has to left or right affects the personality, I remembered a another story about the human brain and the affect of brain switching between hemispheres. In the program they shows a display called �Bonneh's Illusion� which when looked at gave you the some what disturbing ability to consciously see you brain switching from one hemisphere to the other to try to solve a problem presented to it.

The premise is that the time your brain takes in the switching process determines what abilities and skills you are able to be more proficient at. I took the test and when you see the affect it can be disturbing at first for some reason and that was all so reported on the show.

What�s the difference between a ballet dancer, a Buddhist monk, and a mathematician? Australian neuro-scientist, Jack Pettigrew believes it�s all to do with how their brains switch from one side to the other. Jonica Newby�s fascinating report follows Jack�s personal and scientific journey deep into the functioning of the brain. It�s lead him to question the very nature of how our brains work. Along the way viewers will be able to work out how quickly their brains switch from left to right hemisphere. According to Pettigrew, this brain switching speed could determine what we�ll be good at in life.

Take the test
You will firstly need to view the test, known as Bonneh's
Illusion, here www.uq.edu.au...

Then follow these instructions:

Get a pen and paper

Get a friend to time the test for 30 seconds.

When your friend says go, concentrate on the top left yellow dot. As
you stare at this dot, the other dots will begin to disappear. Each time
all three dots re-appear, tick the paper.

Your friend should call stop after 30 seconds.

SCORES:

If you scored between 4 and 6, your brain switch rate is average.

If you scored more than 6, your brains switch rate is fast, like a dancer.

If you scored less than 4, your brain switch rate is slow, like a
mathematicians.

Source abc.net.au...

Note Post your scores lets see if the members of ATS are mathematicians with slow switch rates or high switches like dancers.

I scored average of 5 some iam just one of the crowd

[edit on 11-7-2004 by dwh0]

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Awesome

I was getting 6 or more...so i have the brain of a dancer....which is weird. neways....

BTW....which side of the brain are you meant to switch off to access the human subconsciousness so recieve information such as for remore viewing, paranormal intuitiveness, etc? ;P

Was it the right side or the left side of the brain that we are meant to switch off? Coz that little picture can help train your brain then....if the result of thier hypothesis turns out to be true.

From that website...

"We can make the disappearing yellow dots reappear by disrupting the activity of the left hemisphere using TMS. Alternatively, we can increase the duration of the disappearance by disrupting teh activity of the Right hemsiphere with precisely time pulses (the Right hemisphere seems to be much more picky about the prcise timing of teh TMS pulse thanthe Left, perhasp associated with the large blocks of time that the Left deals in )."

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Man, I was looking and staring and I never saw any of the others dots disappear, let alone the one I was looking at. I looked at each other dot individually too. I never blinked, and I didn't have sudden eye movements. Maybe they were blinking too fast for me to notice? Or nothing was switching, lol.

[edit on 7-11-2004 by EmbryonicEssence]

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 03:26 AM
link   
they dont blionk like in a gif file.... Ur brain removes them form the picture...

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 03:27 AM
link   
EmbryonicEssence you have to relax and not think about it jus watch the whole moving pic and see what happens just mellow out and enjoy

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
DaRage, I know they don't blink. :-D The only thing moving are the blue dots. And believe me dwh0, I was truly relaxed. I wasn't thinking about it.

I was thinking that maybe the reason why I don't see them fade in and out is because I have worked to perfect my peripheral vision over the years for speed reading. I'm going to keep on trying though. :-D

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
If the dots do not disappear, then you're most like to have 'bipolar disease'.
since the inventor of this test had same problem;

Which means; brain switched to one side of the brain and stuck there which result in a mood disorder or simply bipolar disorder

top topics

join