It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Matthews on (R-MN) Michele Bachmann: ‘Close to a Nut Case’

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
People care about Chris Mathews?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
They FEAR her. And Palin and every other Conservative Female.

Why? Because the Dem Party is Sexist. Look at the women who are in that party. They tow the line and spew the Democratic B.S and they are hailed as Great American women.

You must be a man. These idiots have done more to destroy how women are seen in the media than Paris Hilton.

A Republcan woman comes along and actually MAKES SENSE and the Media goes a fire.

When is that going to happen?

I my opinion, Hillary's dash to fame was on the coat-tails of her husband. Palin's was earned. She did it herself. Same the others.

Cant even use Bachman to defend Bachman?

Most of them are business owners, family raisers etc-college of lesser stature than the mightly elite Dems.

You tv stars with poor educations? Why would any woman want to strive for that?

Watch the media-for a week straight. Count the number of stories/articles agaisnt Palin and the rest. Now, watch in say..... 6 months... then a year. Like I have with Palin. You tell my what you think of your results. I'll wait.

The Republican woman are on a road to greater destiny. Get on board.

I had to comment on this because this entire post is supposed to defend Bachman as some brilliant, strong female and cannot even use Bachman to do it. You have to resort to discussing Hillary and Sarah. Odd...very odd. Bachman is hardly the female role model I like out there on the scene. I hate to think some mentally incapacitated robot who spouts of bad internet rumors as facts is the ideal for our young girls to look up to.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Let's have a look at some of Bachmann's quotes, shall we? She's definitely not the intelligent women the right wants her to be...some of those quotes are lunatic!

"I find it interesting that it was back in the 1970s that the swine flu broke out under another, then under another Democrat president, Jimmy Carter. I'm not blaming this on President Obama, I just think it's an interesting coincidence."

But she's obviously fully aware that some of her crazy followers will pick up on that and claim this to be true...

"Carbon dioxide is portrayed as harmful. But there isn't even one study that can be produced that shows that carbon dioxide is a harmful gas."

WRONG

"Speaker Pelosi, who has been busy sticking the taxpayer for a $100,000 bar tab for alcohol on the military jets that she is flying."

And another lie

"if there is taxpayer funding of abortion, there will be 30 percent more abortions."

Blatant lie...even if abortions might get covered, the current law on when an abortion is lawful or not doesn't change. So there shouldn't be a noticeable increase. But who cares about the truth if the lie serves to further mislead your fundamentalist followers, right?

"There are hundreds and hundreds of scientists, many of them holding Nobel Prizes, who believe in intelligent design."

For crying out loud, there's mor scientists called "Steve" than scientists who believe in creationism...and most of those don't even work in fields that would qualify them to make any claims regarding the subject. LAUGHABLE comment by her...

Source

"I want people in Minnesota armed and dangerous on this issue of the energy tax because we need to fight back. Thomas Jefferson told us 'having a revolution every now and then is a good thing,' and the people -- we the people -- are going to have to fight back hard if we're not going to lose our country."

Yeah, brute force always works, right? Not sure Gifford would agree with her statement...

"Does that mean that someone's 13-year-old daughter could walk into a sex clinic, have a pregnancy test done, be taken away to the local Planned Parenthood abortion clinic, have their abortion, be back and go home on the school bus? That night, mom and dad are never the wiser."

Only in your fantasy world Michelle

"I don't know where they're going to get all this money because we're running out of rich people in this country."

In reality, there's now more rich people than ever before, while the low income class is growing at a scary rate, and the middle class is slowly dying. But who cares about reality, right?

"Little children will be forced to learn that homosexuality is normal and natural and perhaps they should try it."

Yes, because homosexuality is clearly a choice, lol. I wonder if she ever wanted to give it a go just because someone told her

"Literally, if we took away the minimum wage—if conceivably it was gone—we could potentially virtually wipe out unemployment completely because we would be able to offer jobs at whatever level."

Yes, and turn the US into China, full of working poors...speaking of working poors, it's something Michelle really should look up. The amount of working poors is growing at an alarming rate, even with minimum wage. Minimum wage is a bit of a joke anyway, not even $6/hr, are you kidding me? I make more sitting in the street begging, and just for comparison, I made $25/hr delivering pizzas in Switzerland. Goes to show what a joke minimum wage is in the US...

"Many teenagers that come in should be paying the employer because of broken dishes or whatever occurs during that period of time. But you know what? After six months, that teenager is going to be a fabulous employee and is going to go on a trajectory where he's going to be making so much money, we'll be borrowing money from him."

Riiiiiiight

"If we allow businesses to be prosperous and accrue capital, they’ll be giving their employees more than they can even begin to imagine. But when we continue to tie cement blocks on businesses (like the minimum wage) and constrain them, they can actually do less than their employees."

Yes, because companies would voluntarily pay employees more...just because. Their goal isn't to maximize profits, it's to give money to their employees, right? What a joke...

"I look at the Scripture and I read it and I take it for what it is. I give more credence in the Scripture as being kind of a timeless word of God to mankind, and I take it for what it is. And I don't think I give as much credence to my own mind, because I see myself as being very limited and very flawed, and lacking in knowledge, and wisdom and understanding. So, I just take the Bible for what it is, I guess, and recognize that I am not a scientist, not trained to be a scientist. I'm not a deep thinker on all of this. I wish I was. I wish I was more knowledgeable, but I'm not a scientist."

Maybe, if she'd put the bible away she'd have the time to actually look up facts and stop distributing her hogwash view of the world...

"Something that I think sometimes people don’t like to hear is that secular people can be sometimes even more dogmatic in beliefs than people who are not secular. ... In some ways, to believe in evolution is almost like a following; a cult following — if you don’t believe in evolution, you’re considered completely backward. That seems to me very indicative of bias as well."

No, it's called "accepting reality" and believing in things that are backed up by facts rather than random doctrines and religious scriptures.

'Where do we say that a cell became a blade of grass, which became a starfish, which became a cat, which became a donkey, which became a human being?'

PUT AWAY THAT BIBLE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!! No one is saying that, certainly not scientists. It just shows how uneducated she is...

Not all cultures are equal.

Hitler would agree...good for you Michelle

[Same-sex marriage] is probably the biggest issue that will impact our state and our nation in the last, at least, thirty years. I am not understating that.

Only in your little fantasy world Michelle...in the real world, we are much more concerned with wars, hunger, unemployment, or the economy.

This is not about hating homosexuals. I don't. I love homosexuals.

Closing statement after ranting about homosexuals for minutes on KKMS...ironic

I never questioned Barack Obama’s patriotism.

ORLY Michelle...let's have a look, shall we?

Just 3 days earlier:

Absolutely, I'm very concerned that [Barack Obama] may have anti-American views.

Do I have to go on??? Or is this enough to prove what an uneducated fool she is??
Source

edit on 22-1-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101
So MSNBC should clean house to "be taken seriously"

Yep.

but the Fox News channel can continue with their parade of right-wing nuts, open bigots, partisan talking heads, liars and out-right insurrectionists ?

Wassa' matter?? Are you an MSNBC Fan? One of the dozen or so in this country?
This isn't about Fox News and I never even brought up Fox News so I don't know how you can insinuate that I said any such thing. BTW .. MSNBC has more than it's fair share of (to use your words) left-wing nuts, open bigots, partisan talking heads, liars and out-right insurrectionists.

How very "fair and balanced" of you !?

How very "fair and balanced" of you
backatchya.
Again .... I never said anything about Fox being better or worse than MSNBC.
:shk:
edit on 1/23/2011 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
If you want factual news, throw all the mainstream media out of the window, including FOX of course. They've become subsidies of corporate America and don't give a rat's ass about the truth anymore.

How else can they show politicians like Michelle distribute her hogwash and lies without ever correcting her, or pointing out where she's lying? I always thought the media should criticize the government and what's going on in the country, but they turned into corporate/governmental PR machines...all of them!!

Very few news sources are plain facts nowadays. MSNBC/RT is left, FOX is very right, CNN is complete hogwash in their effort to discuss twitter feeds, and it's really hard to find good news. The Young Turks are really good and always fact-check their claims. Criticize them all you want, they at least do their research. Factcheck.org is good too.

But watching Beck & Co is beyond ridiculous as they lie so blatantly, I'm amazed they still have followers...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC
People care about Chris Mathews?

People should care about anyone who is a cog in the disinformation machine, has this kind of platform and power, and is capable of delivering or has the potential to deliver divisive, subversive, erroneous, and even flat out lies to millions. (Not saying that is or is not the case in this particular example) Things of this nature should be brought into the public dialog, and the perpetrators should be held accountable for their behaviour.

However, I totally get where frustration and apathy might set in. Nine out of 10 times, whenever a report such as this is posted, it becomes a war of sorts, with people bringing up what they believe is an example of the "other" acting the same thing, or worse, categorize, label, and dismiss anyone wishing to have an actual discussion or challenging the moral or ethical issues and implications as an extremist for the "other" side. Then the real issues are never addressed and the perpetrators of childish behavior live to lie, name call, deny, and avoid another day, laughing all the way to the bank.

For example, the issue here in this thread is more, "Why is Matthews, allegedly and intelligent, grown man, resorting to name calling?

Is that right for any adult to be doing? On any "side?" No, of course not.

Yet instead of a discussion of the real topic and the behaviors and whether we're going to accept them in our society, so many feel the need to simply jump in and respond in kind. This pattern is evidenced on these very boards over and over again and turns the majority of posters totally off, many of them not even bother to participate in the discussion.No matter which "side" you're on and particularly for the majority of us who don't take a side, this becomes very frustrating very fast.

Once this happens, any truly useful discourse quickly takes a back seat and we remain off track and divided or voiceless. That is their power and their plan. These people are just their minions. Both of them in this particular case.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join