It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where's the outrage? - (D) Steve Cohen about republicans - Nazi's, Blood Libel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
(D) Steve Cohen on the floor ... discussing republicans ... brings up Nazis and blood libel. So where's the outrage? Where's the MSM? And he didn't just use 'blood libel' .. he tossed in the ol' Nazi comparisons as well.

Rep Cohen is refusing to apologize.

ABC - Say What? Democrat Compares Republicans to Nazis

“They say it's a government takeover of health care, a big lie just like Goebbels," Cohen said. "You say it enough, you repeat the lie, you repeat the lie, and eventually, people believe it. Like blood libel. That's the same kind of thing. And Congressman Cohen didn’t stop there.

Double Standard - Will Democrat be Criticized?

MSNBC - House Dem Compares GOP Health Care Case to Nazi Propaganda

FUNNY - (kinda related)

List of some recent used of 'blood libel'
Included - MSNBC’s Mike Barnicle: John Kerry Underwent A “Blood Libel By The Swift Boat People; Democratic Congresswoman On Accusations Against Al Gore: “I Would Put Them In A Category, Literally, Of Blood Libel; Christie Todd Whitman & “Blood Libel; Washington Monthly Book Reviews Labels Anti-Clinton Book “Awfully Close To A Blood Libel; CQ Weekly: “Not Just A Fiction, It Was Very Nearly A Blood Libel; etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

The Award for Most Hypocritical Blood Libel Critic Goes To ...

Palin Snares Andrew 'Blood Libel' Cohen

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
(D) Steve Cohen on the floor ... discussing republicans ... brings up Nazis and blood libel. So where's the outrage? Where's the MSM? And he didn't just use 'blood libel' .. he tossed in the ol' Nazi comparisons as well.

Rep Cohen is refusing to apologize.

Of course he isn't going to apologize he did nothing wrong he has the mighty - D behind his name. It stands for double standard apparently.

I doubt you will see or hear about this at all nor will you get many responses - seems this board is slanted a little to the west.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Good post. Of course, MSM isn't going to be outraged by a Democrat using the term or overused Nazi comparisons. It's a wonder no one notices how MSM is steered towards being anti-Republican. That's a conspiracy in itself. You see tons of criticism and outrage when it comes to Republicans but none when it's Democrats.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
As an aside... when I first read the title, I misread "republicans" as "reptillians"... heh.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66
I doubt you will see or hear about this at all nor will you get many responses -

Seems to be true.

The funny thing (or sad thing .. whichever) is that the term isn't really a bad one and the ADL itself said it wasn't offended by the use of the word when Palin used it. But a lot of people got all twisted about it even though, as my opening post shows, it is used a bunch.

So where's the outrage people? I wanna' hear all the bellyaching about Steve Cohen.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Why would I be outraged?
It's just another idiot politician running his idiot mouth.
I have to reserve my outrage for things that actually amount to something.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
The point is that the right has it's believers conditioned to only respond to their lies and they are just that LIES. That's what "blood libel" is and that's what Cohen was pointing out. It's time for the republicans to quit lying to the public in order to get control of government.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
The point is that the right has it's believers conditioned to only respond to their lies and they are just that LIES. That's what "blood libel" is and that's what Cohen was pointing out. It's time for the republicans to quit lying to the public in order to get control of government.

That still does not negate the fact that people showed no outrage about the USE of the term, which is why Palin was scrutinized by MSM and the ADL or whoever. She used the term wrong but it wasn't anti-semitic like some people were talking about (anti-semitic due to Giffords being Jewish) The term should be not be put in any context other than its primary definition. The left is basically getting away with the use of blood libel while the right isn't. Is the term offensive or what?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

There is a double standard applied in the MSM. Their liberal darlings can literally get away with murder (Clinton, whitewater et al) but if a conservative farts in the washroom, the media is all over him.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Well of course. Democrats use the Saul Alinsky method as a matter of course. They are also free to be as hateful and bigoted as they want--the double standard exists and is quite obvious.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Its always republicans complaining(Benghazi, birth certificate, Kenyan etc etc), so lets a democrat complain for a while?

new topics

top topics

join