It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welfare Tab For Children Of Illegal Immigrants Reaches $600M

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Thats even worse, when they deny you! It's like well you have heart disease or cancer...sorry to bad you dont have health cover and we wont cover for existing conitions and they try to find every excuse under the sun not to cover you!

The day Nixon ( i think it was ) privatised health in the states, he set a bad precedent and example.

When i watched Sicko ( M Moore ) it really opened my eyes to health cover in the US and i couldnt beleive it, i literally could not beleive it was that bad. Being raised here in Aus, if i need to goto the GP or get an X-Ray, MRI or even emergency surgery you wont get a bill, you just swipe your medicare card and that's it. It's done!

No tax implecation or any consequences done the line.

A couple years ago a cut my right hand up pretty bad and it needed micro surgery for nerve damage, i went in to the ER, i was goven Morphine, had X-rays, had the surgery and was in Hospital for 2 days after. This was an A-grade hospital and after leaving i was given appointments for follow ups and ect and to have plaster removed and to th is day i didnt pay 1 cent! ( apart from normal employee taxes at work ) which i am happy to pay if i know that when i am health need my government will cover me.

If i lived in the USA and paid my norm 33% tax fed level, i would wonder, what am i getting out of it? State and local level pay for roads and the majority of infrastructure..

The to see the stories about the public health system in the US, it baffles me when they spend all that money on refugees, war, miltary and whatever else that is less important thgat your own national health.

Sorry OP, that was kinda a lil off-topic but still relevant to this discussion, all this time sociel security is being exploited when money could goto to much better and important national isues...
edit on 20-1-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

That is ridiculous! I can't afford health insurance but I have to chip in for thiers? It's beyond ludicrous. And of course Obama wants to win again in 2012. He has to make up the votes of the people that have had enough of this administration. Providing free health care and food stamps to illegals is the first step. Then comes giving them the right to vote.. Now who will they vote for?

The hand that feeds them of course...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi
reply to post by Golf66

What even makes me more sick is a large group of people agreeing upon a system that allows, and even condones, abortions and adoptions. Why? Because someone made you believe its irresponsible or even impossible to raise such a child in such a situation.

real supporter of poverty here

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

but then in regard to elections you have to ask yourself are we really in control of the outcome. I find it hard to beleive that Bush got re-elected so many times - he was an idiot...plain and simple. I loved the persona of Bush in Harold and Kumar 2. Lmao

Although i'm not comparing Obama to Bush.... do you know what i mean?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
And why not?

What a waste. Nothing like supporting those that are here illegally.

Why not take that money and pay it to the families of slain military members?
Of how about some more motorized wheel chairs for the retired?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I feel your pain. I am currently without medical myself. That is one reason this really rubs me the wrong way. We have elderly people eating pet food because they draw $10.00 dollars more than what is allowed to qualify. The system is fubar for sure since the illegal who can work and doesn't is recieving aid while someone who paid in all of thier life is reduced to eating pet food.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Great point! Miltary familes that have loved ones sadly killed or permantly injured get nothing for the most part.

Perhaps a folded flag, but money....forget about it

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

First, the fact that you take Micheal Moore on face value is a fatal flaw. He is a walking contradiction.

Second, yes paying 33% is ridicules on its own. It is nothing but a way to take money from the haves and give it to the have nots. nothing more then legal theft.

In the US, no one, and I mean no one can be turned away or denied medical treatment. Period.
The issue comes that when people are held to pay for the treatment, then the ones that can't pay play the victim card.
It is a farce to think that anyone with a job that provides health care insurance does not pay for it. Most pay about $150-$300 a month for this insurance. The company pays for a large portion.
If you want insurance go get it.
It is no ones fault other then your own if you don't have coverage.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Perhaps declare yourself a refugee to Canada or even here
you would probably qualify for better medical aid....yes that post is total sarcasim!!

Sorry im not trying to rub anything in at all and i would hate to be in a position like that *touches wood* but in all seriousness even if you came to Aus with Visa to say you could stay and live, your health would be covered straight away. Whether it's pre-existing or whatever...

The problem woth US government is the people that are elected for the most part have always had money or born into it. They know no different and are outta touch with the average citizen, worker or consumer. The same goes for here.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I know exactly what you mean. And sometimes you do worry that the people really don't get to choose who the elected official is.

Pretty speeches and faulty promises is what got Obama elected. People were excited about "the change" he promised. Sadly no one bothered to figure out exactly what kind of "change" he was talking about. Live and learn I suppose.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Look all i said was i watched his footage and the stories of the people that he reported on, that part was true, i am not here trying to defend or discuss his stance or beleifs.....

Also thats great, no one will be left for dead.. but how long untill you receieve a bill for thousands of dollars??

The victim card..what the..hell. What are you talking about? I was comparing lack of health cover to the money wasted on refugees and military spending.

So your ok that government thinks it's your responcibilty to cover your health cost's. If you are then you have never lived on the other side of the fence where your government cares and pays for your health cover. It's not only Aus, You have:

Canada, UK, France, Australia and many many others, i think the WHO ranking has the US way down the list....

Look it up. I am not turning this into off-topic health cover debates... although if you want a debate then PM me or start a thread about US health cover and i will be happy to go head to head and provide many links and FACTS..

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

If i lived in the USA and paid my norm 33% tax fed level, i would wonder, what am i getting out of it? State and local level pay for roads and the majority of infrastructure..

No only for the roads and majority infrastructure, but most of the money goes on Medicare and Medicaid as this is part of the state responsibility, also for the retirement accounts of state workers.

So when Obama care is implemented most of your state tax payer money is going to finance the ones that would not be forced into buying mandatory insurance.

Medicaid will grow to support that group in your state to the point that the states that are call welfare states like mine will finally goes bankrupt.

Now in the last two years due to the economy collapse most of the state got money from the last stimulus by Obama for infrastructure as many states didn't have enough in their budgets to do that.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
fairly soon it'll be the illegal children electing officials.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Sorry if I came of hostile, as that was not my intent.
It is hard for those that are not from the US to understand how our freedoms work. And, I am sure the true is vice versa.
We, as Americans are born free, and the original intent of our country was for the individual to be free and to take care of themselves.
I do not want the Govt to take care of me, nor do I want my tax dollars taking care of others. That is the responsibility of the individual, church, private organization and family.
Yes, I do believe that the individual should be responsible for their own medical bills. It is no fault of mine that someone needs a medical procedure.
The Govt has no business in being involved with this. Its role is for Defense, structure and upholding the basic federal laws.
Now, our founding Docs are constructed so that if a state wants to provide health care, they can. With that, I can choose to either live or not live in that state based on that.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I am no expert on US GDP, all i can do is comapre to Aus. Our GDP is approx 1.4 Trillionpa, we have military and defence spending, social security, national infrastructure ( NBN, national disaster releif, etc ) plus alot more spending that i wont go into here.

I am sure the US GDP makes us look small time. I know the population difference is huge, but the GDP difference is also huge...

So why can our government cover us and not your's. I mean total cover, no questions asked...with the exception of elective and plastic surgery.

I'm not being argumentative but just trying to make a point..

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

I understand what you mean, freedom.. that's what all of us want. But when it comes to health, our government and leaders have a responsibilty.

I am no free-loader i work my ass off week after week, today i spent 13 hours at the office and my salary only covers me for about 9 hours per day. I work my ass off and earn a good living. Some people are not so fortuanate wherever you are in this world.

But health should come before anything no matter what you earn or what class you are.... without humans...healthy humans, we dont have a society to run

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

720 million a day to kill Kids in Iraq! Prove that. You exagerrate and the children of criminal invaders belong at home, with their parents, in Their country.
Let their country pay 600m to support them. Heck American Citizens can barely feed, educate and keep healthy our own kids much less those of criminal invaders and That's a fact.
Children are the responsibility of their Parents don't ya know. Can't support then - Don't Have Them.
Americans are about tapped out; we have enough charity cases here with much of the country out of work.
We send aid to countries and they hate us, we support illegal aliens and they hate us and make demands of us In OUR Country.
This is BS and don't tell me what nice people illegals are who only do work American citizens don't wanna' do -This Is B S.
They have a Definate Attitude, go look around and see!
They drop anchor soon as they get here; in fact every female mexican of child bearing age has a parade of anchors trailing behind and or one in the oven.
They have infested our country with bed bugs, they are Rude and teach their tools to be the same
There would be more citizens going to work daily if aliens wern't hired over Citizens. There would be less hungry citizen children and better educated citizen children it it wasn't for aliens
Sure, it isn't good for Any children to go hungry or be sick but these kids were brought here Illegally their parents (criminal invaders) know Americans are softies and use the children as TOOLS and take advantage of a misrepresented 14th ammendment. Thank Goodness this will be remidied pretty soon!
It Is The Parents job to take care of their own children not my kid's to go without to feed them. Thank Goodness states are taking action against this invasion where the *^&^%^s in the wh and dc are not.
The only good thing I can say about the criminal invasion from our southern border is at least most of them aren't islamist.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

But if it is Freedom, then health care is not a issue. You are responsible for yourself.
It is a slippery slope with no end and it just getting worse and worse.
I am not my brothers keeper. It is not the responsibility of the Govt to provide for the individual.
It is the responsibility of the individual to take care of themselves.

If I am bound by the Govt taking care of my health, then I am not free.

But, this topic is for Health Care for the children of the Illegal Aliens. That is BS.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmericanDaughter
The only good thing I can say about the criminal invasion from our southern border is at least most of them aren't islamist.

many still have the "us vs them" mentality

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Sorry one last reply on this topic, but that statement you made - '' it's no ones fault other than your own if you dont have cover '' is what is wrong with that system.

You dont understabd because that is all you have known and were raised with.. which is ok, but you need to see from an outsiders persepective.

I was alwats raised knowing that no matter how rich i am, my health is always covered. Sure i can spend an extra $2k per year and have private health cover but either way i am covered and will not get a bill later on.

If i needed a heart transplant, i would get it ( although there are waiting lists ) if i needed radition therapy ( chemo ) i would get it. not depending on whether i have cover but because i am a person in need and they will help me and do anything possible to make me survive.....also no bills further down the track.

I understand that you may not get it, your statement makes it even worse because i do get it. That is all you have ever known and that is how you were raised, but it's not right.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join