It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welfare Tab For Children Of Illegal Immigrants Reaches $600M

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
Blah Blah Blah. Unicorns are in the corner to the left. Puppies and rainbows to the right.

Thats the best you could come up with?

You can't do the right thing the wrong way and expect everyone to turn a blind eye.

I do it often, I prefer that to doing the wrong thing the right way.

As for low pay? Are you kidding me. The guys last summer doing dry wall were making $25 an hour., under the table CASH. Driving new trucks and doing as they please.
Spare me the bull of low paying jobs.

WHOAA Nelly...are you telling me that you knowingly paid and employed illegal immigrants??? At least you got your walls done cheap....hypocrit much? wow are you cracking me up.

I am tired of people claiming pity after they broke the law, knowing it was illegal, dangerous and may get them incarcerated.

Are you aware that it is illegal to employ illegal immigrants? I hope you don't have any kids that might end up as wards of the state when they take you away.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

I agree. I feel like political correctness was pushed for situations like these. Make people uncomfortable to bring it up. Stigmatize those that dare to disagree as racists and baby killers that way they are scared to even bring it up for discussion. It works and THAT is ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

Blah Blah Blah. Unicorns are in the corner to the left. Puppies and rainbows to the right.

Thats the best you could come up with?

You can't do the right thing the wrong way and expect everyone to turn a blind eye.

I do it often, I prefer that to doing the wrong thing the right way.

As for low pay? Are you kidding me. The guys last summer doing dry wall were making $25 an hour., under the table CASH. Driving new trucks and doing as they please.
Spare me the bull of low paying jobs.

WHOAA Nelly...are you telling me that you knowingly paid and employed illegal immigrants??? At least you got your walls done cheap....hypocrit much? wow are you cracking me up.

I am tired of people claiming pity after they broke the law, knowing it was illegal, dangerous and may get them incarcerated.

Are you aware that it is illegal to employ illegal immigrants? I hope you don't have any kids that might end up as wards of the state when they take you away.

Is that my best? Nope. But for you, that is what you get. Your argument is based on feelings.

As for paying the drywall workers? Nope, I will never have illegals work for me. I am not dependent on them. I learned how to do drywall.

This is what they talk about as their going rate and what they get paid.

So, balls back in your court. Is that your best?
I gotta admit that you really assume a lot about me.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

The same is used for social security reform, race and so on.
I say what I mean and mean what I say. I have come to a point in life where I really don't care what others think of me. I will say and do what I know is right.
Political Correctness be damned.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

What I keep noticing are people saying "rainbows are teh gay! it's not about feelin's, it's about da law, rabble rabble!" but then when it's pointed out that people born in our borders are legally citizens then they start talking about their feelings on how it shouldn't be their burden even if it is not against the law.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Did you really just bring "gay" to an illegal imigrant discussion?

The one thing has nothing to do with the other. Sorry. This dog don't hunt...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
reply to post by macman

but then when it's pointed out that people born in our borders are legally citizens then they start talking about their feelings on how it shouldn't be their burden even if it is not against the law.

Exactly, the law is the law, can't ask people to obey one law and ignore the other.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

I have reached that stage in my life as well. I just learned to let the chips fall where they may. I wish I coul give you more than one star for that post.

If people don't start standing up for their rights, they will keep losing them.

edit on 1/21/2011 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
the problem isn't immigrants. the problem is wellfare. Stop giving away money to illegal immigrants. Stop giving away money to anyone. When the government stops giving out all this aid and stops being a nanny state full of entitlement programs then they can use the funds they are left with to cut taxes or improve education funding or fix roads.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by guyopitz
the problem isn't immigrants. the problem is wellfare. Stop giving away money to illegal immigrants. Stop giving away money to anyone. When the government stops giving out all this aid and stops being a nanny state full of entitlement programs then they can use the funds they are left with to cut taxes or improve education funding or fix roads.

But where does that line of thinking stop. On one hand you say to not give any money away for anything yet, on the other hand, you say it should be used to improve education or fix roads. What if people where I live didn't like to give money to the roads or education system where you live? What if my roads were fine and my local teachers didn't smoke crack? If you were in my shoes, would you say "It's not our fault that they have crappy weather that screws up their roads or that their teachers can't get their students to stop getting STDs and dropping out. Why should they feel soooo entiltled?!"

See where I'm going there? Taxes are there to help. Help people who need it. If it were up to me, there would be no federal taxes at all as our states could provide for us much better. Screw your state. Mine's better. See again where I'm going with that?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

Originally posted by Golf66
no one wants to repeal the Constitution; just an Amendment to it...

And I am not going to hurt your car, just get rid of the starter.

Now it appears you left the building with elvis and reason; there is a method for repealing parts of and adding amendments to the constitution. It will still run.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

So, you're complaining that innocent children born on US soil who are American citizens are a drain on the system? Perhaps we should go back to the middle ages concept of corruption of blood and put babies in jail for their parents' crimes. The OP has lost it. Why don't you post a thread about the huge surplus illegal immigrants add to social security using fake numbers that they will never draw from? That wouldn't serve your neocon agenda would it?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by andrewh7

They drain much more than they put in. Have you ever seen how many dependents that many claim on their taxes?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mtnshredder
reply to post by andrewh7

They drain much more than they put in. Have you ever seen how many dependents that many claim on their taxes?

You can't "drain" taxes on a paycheck. You can only pay. When it comes time to file taxes, they will not file thus the US gets to keep anything paid out to the government by the worker. His point was that they pay into SS but will never be around to collect on it. Like I keep saying, they are your retirement. No matter how many children you claim, you still pay Medicare and SS on your checks.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Cuervo,,,, maybereal11

Ahh more open border supporters. Dont deny it both of you support open borders.

The two things your type try to do in these threads:

1) Change a anti ILLEGAL immigrant thread into a anti immigrant thread,,, you always seem to leave out the key word ILLEGAL

2) Claim it's a race, xenophobia issue.

And the only reason you guys do this is you have zero ground to stand on and therefore try to divert the argument with the above tactics. But ive found a way to divert it back.

Since 90% of illegals come from Mexico I guess you think Mexican, Hispanics or whatever are better than others who do not border the USA and can not get here due to distance, ocean restrictions..

Their are country's far worse off than Mexico across the world.

About one sixth of the world's population, or about 1 Billion people plus are currently starving.

Now this leaves you two in a predicament doesn't it?? Since you guys are all for helping out other people by not fixing their own country's but letting them come here ILLEGALLY are you willing to let those billion plus people in the United States? Dalmar from Somalia and Bekele from Ethiopia are in way way worse shape than Jose from Mexico. So in all fairness since you guys think Jose is good enough to break a law and come over illegally wouldn't you have to think Dalmar and Bekele are also good enough to come over? Im sure they would love to come over to the USA!!!

Soooo should we send cargo ships to these other country's and let them hitch a ride to the USA since they have a unfair advantage and were not lucky enough to live bordering the USA?

If it causes the USA to have 2-3 billion people and become a third world country so what?? (we couldn't help no damn body then)!! Its only fair, we don't wanna appear to be racist!! If Jose is good enough to break the law and come over illegally so should Dalmar and the millions of others like him in worse off third world country's. After all what makes Jose down in Mexico so special?? Is it because he lives in a country that borders the US or is it because he is Mexican?

You guys don't wanna be hypocrites or racists right? Those other people are humans as well.. So you either support letting them all come illegally (ANYONE) or support the laws we have in place that allow a certain number to come in each year through proper procedures.

You cant have it both ways kiddos.

edit on 21-1-2011 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

Um, I never said I wanted it both ways. I'm unashamed in my stance in believing "open borders". That's how this country started and it's served us pretty damned well. I don't even support it as a product of some empathetic portion of my psyche; I support it because it helps the US. I'm not the only person who understands this and I'm not crazy. If you take anecdotal made-up stories about neighbors and what-not away from the conversation and only leave facts (real facts, mind you. Not some commentary from Fox network) then what is left is a clear case for the need of more immigrants. I don't care where they are from. People from Mexico are better equipped (expected) to take our entry-level jobs that go unmanned otherwise but I wouldn't turn away immigrants from overseas, either.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Ok great then we should let everyone who wants to come to the US come. Al-Qaeda, any people from the third world country's??? Anyone from the middle east,,, NK,, Russia,, etc etc

How many people do you think would come to the USA on a free pass? Im guessing over a billion.
So your fine with that? Even though it would kill our country and allow terrorists in as well?

Hey you might not be to bright, but at least your not a hypocrite.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

Yeah... I'm sure the reason Al Qaeda isn't coming over is because of our immigration policies. Wow.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by andrewh7

So, you're complaining that innocent children born on US soil who are American citizens are a drain on the system? Perhaps we should go back to the middle ages concept of corruption of blood and put babies in jail for their parents' crimes. The OP has lost it. Why don't you post a thread about the huge surplus illegal immigrants add to social security using fake numbers that they will never draw from? That wouldn't serve your neocon agenda would it?

Careful now. You are reaching...

I have not once blamed the children in this thread. They can not fend for themselves as their parents can. Grasping for straws will not help your argument. Niether will trite talk of jailing babies.

As for your last statement about ss surplus... where? Where is this massive surplus at? One operation on an illegal would cost taxpayers several hundred if not thousands of dollars. The illegal working under the table is not covering that I don't believe.

You can spin it however you wish. Illegal is illegal. I didn't make the law. Why are some laws ok to break and some are not? I don't know why you consider that my neocon agenda. But hey, let's just all do what feels good and consequences be damned...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Still waiting on you to provide a case example ...... not some made up bunch of fake statistics on a news article for some agenda.

I can work wonders in Excel too, all depends on what you want to look bad!!

And as a side note ........ I lived, raised a family 3 children, supported 2 ex wife's (AMERICAN wife's), worked and paid taxes for 32 years in several states, and several hunkered people worked for me ...... what was I ??????

I WAS THERE ILLEGALLY, no i didn't make up some name, or steal anyone's ID ..... I used my birth name and own SS number from my country ....... its just 9 numbers the IRS doesn't give a crap just send money.

Never once collected ANY SOCIAL SERVICES, NO WELFARE, NO UNEMPLOYMENT ... I contributed to a system I was never able to take anything from.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join