It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welfare Tab For Children Of Illegal Immigrants Reaches $600M

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
Cuervo ... in an imaginary world, you could be right. However, in the US your dissertation is not correct.
Illegals STEAL identities for multiple purposes ... work, benefits, checking acct, drivers license, health care, etc .... Any illegal with 'false documentation' can access any benefit America has to offer and then some if they create a good enough tale to go with it. See it happening every day. Even at the 'day job' facilities.

working with false documentation does NOT translate to 'paying taxes' ... nice try though.
they don't get a 'refund' or file an IRS tax form because they are ILLEGAL, period.
You wanna fix it, get legal or get out ... end of story.

And this ID theft is facilitated by the mexican drug cartels. They are the largest makers of fake IDs in the world. Folks may think that a mexican cooming here has to hang out at the court house to steal info but the cartels that run most of the illegal labor in this country have shops set up in ever majior city that pump out fake documents. They can even sell your and I one if we wanted to change IDS.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enter Ruin

Originally posted by gougitousakusha
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

i know a dude in jail for car theft and assault, has 13 children to 9 people, 5 grandchildren and hes 39

I had a bunch of friends in High School and College who were illegal, now they graduated (most of them with honors), paid themselves college tuition, etc, and want to go higher. They could make this country a better place, but instead they have to work at a McDonalds (for example) because they can't put their skills to the test (3 of them could be doctors by now, 4 psychiatrists, and 2 teachers) but because they have no social security number, they don't exist (figuratively speaking). By the way, 5 of them are Latinos, and 4 Asian.

And your point is???
They committed a felony by coming here. Great, they got an education, more then likely got to pay in state tuition and work for cash and pay no taxes. Fantastic.
Now, how about they go back to their country of origin and make that place better with what they have learned.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by kj6754

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe

You want to come here? Come legally. Do it the right way. Don't come through the back door expecting to recieve a free ride! It's not racial. It's fair.

LOL

People kill me with their anti-immigration stances. If you were in these people's situation you would be doing the same; breaking laws to provide a better life for you and your family.

The core of the problem is something no one wants to discuss: our entire monetary system and economy is flawed. I am not referring to just the United States but the world as a whole. The entire system is a joke. Everything should be completely free and the only thing people should focus on is education.

And yes I am a hypocrite. I use money all the time and live like everyone else. I am just one and don't have the power to change anything. I am a slave to the system like everyone else. But I really could care less when someone abuses the system (such as this case involving illegal immigrants and welfare). The system deserves to be disrespected so i don't give a damn.

If in the same situation, yes most would do the same.
But, pay the consequences of your actions when caught.
Wrong is wrong, no matter the reason.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

reply to post by Honor93

I apologize. I didn't mean for it to come out like that. I had to put my daughter on the bus so I ran out of time to comment.
I edited my post above with a brief opinion on it. Once again the "man" comes out smelling like roses. What big government and big corp are doing (it seems) are joining forces more by the day. One hand washes the other.

thanks for your graciousness and apology (although really not necessary)

i try very hard to be conversational rather confrontational. Am not always successful mind you but i do try to avoid assuming ...there sure is enough of that going around without any contributions from me.

Agreed, it sure played out like a 'planned' event to bring the 'big brothers' closer together.
sight in target (Tyson), fire (DHS), sweep the mess left behind Under the rug ... typical operating procedure.

At least for me, it sure doesn't instill much confidence in the program moving 'forward' ... especially since this 'biggie' bust was nearly a decade ago and we haven't heard much of anything since.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by GLantern101

312 million legal citizens of The United States of America = $1.93 per citizen goes to some hungry kids.

What $1.93 buys you:

4 Cigarettes
1 Beer
A cup of Coffee
A Bag of Chips

That is just for the citizens of the specific state.
That is $1.93 out of my pocket. It is not their money to have and not the Govt's to take.
Again, wrong is wrong no matter how you spin it.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by svpwizard
reading all these post and I see 4-6 people all blowing smoke up each others ARS!!!!!

YOU DON"T HAVE A FLIPPEN CLUE, illegals are not getting anything!!! I have put up cold hard cash for anyone who can give me ONE EXAMPLE of a case in which an illegal went to SS office and collected even a dime of welfare or anything for that matter and no one can, why???? BECAUSE ITS ALL BS!!!! nothing more than fear and hate mongering.

IF anyone collects any social services or welfare they are for AMERICAN BORN CHILDREN!!!!! and by the laws in place (as crappy as they are) a child born on American soil is an AMERICAN. they are entitled to those services as any AMERICAN IS who needs and qualifies for those services.

And I know for a fact that you can't get social services or welfare not being a CARD CARING AMERICAN ...... so give it a rest.

stop being that stupid idiot regurgitating non truths like it is true, this whole thread is like a stupid email scam people talk about like its true..... IT AINT TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually you are wrong. The naturalized children are placed on the WIC or Govt cheese program. Since a 2 year old can't go in and buy food, the illegal parent gets to benefit from this.
The illegal gets to go into the local hospital for minor issues, provide fake IDs, skip out on payment of the service, thus forcing the hospital to claim a loss and having the tax payer foot the bill.
The illegal gets to use public services like fire, police and ambulance without payment.
The children of illegals get to go to public school, pay no taxes and the child gets the free breakfast and/or lunch.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX

Originally posted by gandhi

Making Children Illegal in the first place makes me sick. 600 million a year to keep kids alive? That's a God damn miracle.

Better than adding it on the 720 million spent each day killing kids in Iraq.

Spot on! Has anyone given a thought to the $20 Billion which has so far been doled out to Pakistan for the charade of the so called 'war on terror'? Most of this money is being siphoned off by the Pakistani military/ISI to fund the Afghan Taliban which in turn is used to kill American troops!!! This bloody well sucks to hell and high heaven!

That's not all. According to latest reports, 50,000 containers of American/ISAF goods meant for the troops in Afghanistan have gone 'missing' in Pakistan!! No prizes for guessing where they disappeared. There's a flourishing trade going on out there and many are raking in billions! What is the estimated loss? According to The Dawn news, it's approx $200 Billion!!! And the irony is that the Pakistanis are paid for every truck lost/burned! A double whammy for the American tax payer. The Pentagon by the way has admitted that there is little or no checks and balances. The loot goes on!

American tax payers hard earned dollars going down the drain in the billions!! And they talk of a minuscule $600 million being paid for the welfare of children of illegal migrants?

Jeeeez!

Ah, the old and tired defense of "well we spend more money on wars". I thought that song and dance was gone.
The support of wrong, by bringing up wrong on a different subject is still wrong.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
The USA is not for it's own citizens, and especially not for white people. The social(ist) agendas and government pandering programs are designed to give special treatment to illegals and "minorities". The fall of the US is because it's first commitment is not for it's own citizens, but to exploit and profit, either financially, or to achive some social(ist) agenda.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

In LA County alone. $600M Dollars that our government doesn't have to keep handing out. We are paying into a system that is choosing to reward illegal activities.

www.foxnews.com...

From the article: Antonovich acknowledges that the children whose benefits he's focusing on are U.S.-born. But he argues that the money is collected by the illegal immigrant parents, putting a painful burden on taxpayers, including those who are legal immigrants.

Nobody wants any child to go hungry or become unhealthy. We can't not help if the kids need it. Our economy is struggling. Lots of legal immigrants and citizens are living from hand to mouth. Yet we keep joyously throwing money at people who are breaking the law. I don't understand the logic here at all. This is just in one county! Give me a break.

You want to come here? Come legally. Do it the right way. Don't come through the back door expecting to recieve a free ride! It's not racial. It's fair.

IMHO Amnesty is coming folks! They think the system is strained now... just wait. The fence is just for looks and nobody is bothering to look who's climbing over it, through it, or under it.

edit on 1/20/2011 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/20/2011 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

I apologize, but my opinion of illegal migration is harsh. I am a second generation American. My Grandparents on both sides came to this country back in the day looking for a better life. They did not get a tax break, food stamps, a car or anything. They were give an SSN number out they went to make a life and start paying taxes. They were very proud to be here and of their accomplishments along the way. Took pride in speaking English. Whenever I asked to here their native tongue, I was told " We speak English in this country" Guess that is long forgotten noways.

First off, the key word in illegal immigration is of course " ILLEGAL". They should have no rights under law. They deserve no special treatment from me, or my fellow legal Americans. I believe if illegals are caught in this country, they should be dragged back down to the border by their hair, and catapulted over the fence. Period.

We should build a giant wall on the American/Mexican border with extremely strict enforcement. Their should be citizenship stations positioned here and there throughout, If they want to be Americans, they go to these stations. First and foremost, proving they can speak English. If they don't speak the language, no entry. Then the can pledge their allegiance, get an SSN number and become immediate tax paying citizens. Should be that easy.

The one thing that bothers me the most, is the shear numbers of illegals that come here from the south. You know where. I have plenty of legal Mexican friends, so in no way am I disn them. If they put as much effort into straightening out their own country as they do trying to cross our borders, they could be a great nation and their could literally be free reign between nations. I've heard the excuse about drug lords etc.... but the illegals out number the bad fold almost 20 to 1. Why do they not organize and make their country a better place. Why ???????

As far as kids who get caught up in adult non-sense. I am unsure what to do about them, Americas adoption and orphan programs are in dire need of a extreme makeover.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by CuervoThis sort of feeds into another point that bugs me. The undocumented workers actually benefit our nation more than anybody else. Hear me out:

1. They can not get welfare without documentation. Healthcare doesn't count; this is America... nobody comes here to take advantage of our "healthcare".

Yeah, they do: anyone who walks into a hospital in labor will be assisted in their delivery without regard to their residency, legal status, insurance or ability to pay. Hospitals lose money on such events every day. It's called birth tourism. There are actually organizations that help people plan their trips around it so their children can be citizens.

Originally posted by Cuervo2. They still pay federal taxes as it is taken out by the employer whether or not the worker is documented.
3. Since they are not documented, the can't get tax refunds!

So, really... they pay more in taxes than citizens in their income bracket. Just a thought as to maybe why the politicians are playing cat-and-mouse and only allowing 5,000 to be documented per year (or at least used to).

You honestly think that someone who is sly enough to create a false identity to exploit out system doesn't understand to put the maximum number of exemptions on a W4 to reduce the withholdings?

Don't be naive.

I claim more exemptions on my W4 because it limits the withholdings - I have never received a return either; nor will I. I claim 5 and have 2; however, I have never paid more than 200.00 at one time to the IRS for the taxes owed at the end of the year - so, I have it about figured right.

Why would I want to float the IRS a 2-3k interest free loan every year because they take out way more than they should?

I started this practice after I heard about states sending IOUs out as returns. LOL - like when the FED goes bankrupt they are going to give you back what you overpaid?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeenMyShare
reply to post by macman

The fact that you were able to negotiate the bill down to half tells me that they seriously inflated the bill in the first place, and they still made a profit at half the bill. That's what's wrong with the health care system!

Case in point: My son dislocated his wrist about the same time my nephew broke his. My son's bill to relocate his wrist was over $3000 and my brother paid $300 to have my nephew's wrist set and casted! Two different hospitals, two radically different costs.

Why is that wrong? They are there to make a profit. They are not there to hand out service for free.
I don't work for free, neither do you. Why would I expect anything less from any other person or company.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

just an addy to your observation ... i can/could switch total identities in a matter of 30 minutes or less, just here in FL. And that's all of it, DL, BC, passport and personal history ... and no one would have a clue how, when or where it was done.

I totally believe there are 'stations' set up across the country and more than one in each state.
Given the sole possibility of such extreme infiltration, how does anyone trust these 'documents' ... or on a more conspiratorial note, why aren't the FBI, CIA and DHS on top of this issue rather Internet ID, backscatter imaging or felonious groping techniques?

It seems to me TPB has -0- interest in doing anything about the problem beyond watching it grow, nurturing it's calamitous effects and surreptitiously increasing the likelihood of further abuse.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by VI0811
We should build a giant wall on the American/Mexican border with extremely strict enforcement. Their should be citizenship stations positioned here and there throughout,

We see folks jumping the fence on tv and the like and some do.

What most dont know is that the mexican illegal workers come into this country by the bus load right through they gate. Hundreds of buses a day durring the good times. They have "work centers" and "handlers" in every large city that take care of them and give them job every day, even providing fake IDS if they need to also at a cost. The workers have to pay these "handlers" that have a well established network set up all over the US. I could go on.

These images of poor mexican jumping the fence, spotlights and choppers is the government controld idea they want us to have in our brains.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I"m still waiting for my cold hard cash in small unmarked bills.....

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66
Yeah, they do: anyone who walks into a hospital in labor will be assisted in their delivery without regard to their residency, legal status, insurance or ability to pay. Hospitals lose money on such events every day. It's called birth tourism. There are actually organizations that help people plan their trips around it so their children can be citizens.

star for you
this is one subject i can attest to with names, numbers and dates.
I have a female friend who was born Bahamian, brought here illegally, educated to RN status, acquired dual citizenship, resides in Bahamas with close family in Miami and has traveled here 4 separate times to deliver her children ... why?

Because she is a nurse and intimately familiar with the value of our medical expertise and conditions vs her home country. She wants her children to have dual citizenship status from birth and to this day, she herself, contributes -0- to our economy. This is fair to whom??? America and our families or the 'foreigner' and hers?
and yes, we've discussed this at length and she is aware of my 'disdain' for her usability of services that i cannot even access.

However, she is trying to do good in her home country with the education and opportunities We provided her ... she did complete citizenship requirements and she wants better for her children, YET she is not technically abusing the system like soooooooooooo many others.
oh and btw, she is insured, yet frequently comes to the US for a few months at a time and while here and being 'unemployed', guess what??? she qualifies for FULL benefits while they're here. (every visit)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
LOL. Suddenly it's "News" because somebody decided to print it? Illegals have been costing the US BILLIONS per year, every year. The real issue here is that the ignorant parents put their kids in this situation in the first place.

Try to follow me here; We can't smoke in a car with our child because it's dangerous to their health. I agree with that. But, is it NOT extremely more risky to climb into a van, loaded with 35 other illegals, and with your kids in tow and sneak across the border? Is it not extremely bad judgement spitting out anchor babies and running the risk of getting deported yourself, thereby separating said anchor babies from their parents?

Furthermore, why do we feel obligated to provide healthcare to the rest of the world, ie. Mexico, yet we have homeless, tired, hungry people who have been law abiding citizens their whole lives? How exactly does that work? Why doesn't anybody feel sorry for those people?

Simply stated, laws cannot have gray areas. They have to be enforced or wipe them off the books. When cities like LA establish their "sanctuary city" laws, they should be held liable for putting their city and the state at risk and for failing to enforce federal law. The problem isn't the budget. The problem isn't money. The problem is politicians running their office like it's their own personal project with no regard for the rule of law and serving the common interests.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

I had a big post written out and deleted it. The only thing I have to say to this is making a profit and making a killing are two entirely different things. What you are suggesting is that making a killing is ok. In my book its not.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by svpwizard
reading all these post and I see 4-6 people all blowing smoke up each others ARS!!!!!

YOU DON"T HAVE A FLIPPEN CLUE, illegals are not getting anything!!! I have put up cold hard cash for anyone who can give me ONE EXAMPLE of a case in which an illegal went to SS office and collected even a dime of welfare or anything for that matter and no one can, why???? BECAUSE ITS ALL BS!!!! nothing more than fear and hate mongering.

IF anyone collects any social services or welfare they are for AMERICAN BORN CHILDREN!!!!! and by the laws in place (as crappy as they are) a child born on American soil is an AMERICAN. they are entitled to those services as any AMERICAN IS who needs and qualifies for those services.

And I know for a fact that you can't get social services or welfare not being a CARD CARING AMERICAN ...... so give it a rest.

stop being that stupid idiot regurgitating non truths like it is true, this whole thread is like a stupid email scam people talk about like its true..... IT AINT TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have some homework to do and how much cash we talking about because I'm all in.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

You make some excellent points! I have extended family with dual citizenship with the Bahamas. My second cousin, who's children have dual citizenship, once said he likes it that way, that way the couldn't be drafted and could go back to the Bahamas if there was risk of having to join the military. And, as expected, he is a liberal democrat.

The U.S. is good enough to work here, live here, get your education here, make a nice living and enjoy your freedom and economy but not worth fighting for? That's the mind of a liberal. Entitled. They are owed everything by the rest of the world. It's disgusting.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
The United States also signed Compact of Association with the countries of Palau, Federated States of Micronesia so they can come to America and get 100% free welfare, healthcare, school for their kids, Section 8.....

There's more than illegal immigrants sucking America dry because the Federal Government is handing out the National Treasury.

The $600 million number is likely only 1 State's burden. The Federal Government FORCES the States/Territories to hand out alllll that free stuff....yet the Federal Government doesn't fund all those handouts. The Fed only funds 50%, States and Territories were forced to fund the rest. See why we're insolvent?

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join