It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst Case: The Day The Dollar Falls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I did a quick search and did not found this bin posted before.

Its a scenario that shows what happens when the dollar starts to fall.
Its a good watch, its mainly in Dutch. There are some american speakers, but the whole docu is subtitled in English.

Have a good watch.

edit on 20-1-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
If it was posted before, then sorry. But I could not find it in ATS search.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Remember the docu is a few years old, but the time we live in now seems to fit in this scenario al little.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Great post, Here is another video about the dollar going under, in english

Day the Dollar Died

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
even if this was posted before it is good to bring it back up.....
we are on the verge of a collapse it's all a matter of time before the last straw hit's the camel's back. i wish i could locate the video most economist and trade advisors are telling there clients to buy gold and invest in foriegn denomination .. i know a lot of every day citizens that when i talk about i would expect to be the first to deny it are actually very educated on the subject. multiple business owner that i know are increasing there silver and gold stocks... there are so many people that are uniformed

times are very unsettling right now.... the last thing we need is a economic collapse but it's going to happen
but when it catches up no one knows.
i read a article that china is considering dropping the dollar from trade " dollar thing of the past"

Dollar -ABOVETOPSECRET

if and when it does fall.... our "civil society" it going to be worse then ever.... people do crazy things when distractions are gone games,TV, and online access then even worse when working doesn't give you enough to pay for Electricity,Water,Gas and Food

i am not a doom seeker!! i fear this day that will eventually come

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
Great post, Here is another video about the dollar going under, in english

Day the Dollar Died

THANK YOU THAT'S THE VIDEO I WAS LOOKING FOR Star

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
This might sound like a really stupid question, but I can`t find anything because everything seems to come up as the US dollar. Google is only bringing up American stuff.

Both Canada and Australia have the `dollar`, but in our countries. The Cdn dollar, and the Aussie Dollar. If the US dollar is dead, and there is no more dollar, what happens to Cdn and Aussie dollars

Will we have to rename our dollars

I`m glad there`s a puzzly face, this is now my question mark É, but only on here É
this little window isn`t working right É
:;````'.,.Éé^^¸¨¸^^¸!"/$%?&*(())__
edit on 20-1-2011 by snowspirit because: finding new characters on keyboard, normal ones are gone, only happening here wtf

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

No. The dollar is just a slang way of saying USD because it's the reserve world currency.

Once the USD becomes worthless, it will cause a lot of geopolitical and financial instabilities, but the other fiat currencies will remain .... temporarily. It seems practically every fiat currency will be heading the way of the dollar soon enough, but an accurate time line can't reasonably be assessed. There are simply too many variables in place. Only the "market makers" with their machinations know when these things will occur, and even then they're really flexible depending on how the people react to their individual actions.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by snowspirit

No. The dollar is just a slang way of saying USD because it's the reserve world currency.

Once the USD becomes worthless, it will cause a lot of geopolitical and financial instabilities, but the other fiat currencies will remain .... temporarily. It seems practically every fiat currency will be heading the way of the dollar soon enough, but an accurate time line can't reasonably be assessed. There are simply too many variables in place. Only the "market makers" with their machinations know when these things will occur, and even then they're really flexible depending on how the people react to their individual actions.

Thanx. It`s hard to find anything out, all I keep finding on google is more questions. One of our daily financial news advisors had to figure out a new way of saying the daily dollar value, because it`s expected to stay at par or above USD, which has never happened before for such a long time. Our dollar is very strong right now, but inflation is through the roof. $4 for a good loaf of bread. Vegies and fruits are more expensive than ever, but meat is cheap. Gas is up, home heating - oil, propane, electric all very expensive now.

Canada has a much smaller population, with a big cold country. I wonder if we all just become squatters with wood heat and candles when TSHTF. Glad I`m no where near a city.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by GodofWar411

That day is here. People are cutting out many luxeries because living expenses alone consume all of their income. I only know of a couple people with disposable income and that is only because have a retirement pension. They both still work 40 hours per week.
What a pathetic system we have were people retire only to still have to work. The whole system was prepared to implode.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I wander if hyerpinflation is already here? I pay 3 times more for 2 weeks of goceries than I did 4 years a go. The problem is I buy the same things.
Electricity costs 20% more than it did only 2 years a go!
The dollar sure does not stretch as much anymore. Thank goodness for the dollar tree without I would be lost.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

yeah the time are pretty much here.... but not to the scale they fully depict. all we need to kill us now, is the dollar to be dropped from international trade .

no matter when and how it happens it will be a very bad time for everyone here in the states.

the sad fact is if we worked together we might actually get through it effectively. the actual truth is our nation is full of selfish little b****s..... so it will get bad really bad.. i will help out who i can and protect my family at all COST i mean ALL

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...
I found this video on zimbabwe where they have hyerflation. In the 1990s inflation was only 32% but in the present. 100 trillion dollars in zimbabwe is worth only $1 or $2 USA. Some places don't even take this.
This proves hyerinflation is real. Just do research on Zimbabwee; they used to have a poverty rate of 25% and now it is 60%. The USA poverty rate is 15% only 10% less than when things started to get bad in zimbabwe.
This is the perfect example of what the future could be like for any country.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker
www.youtube.com...
I found this video on zimbabwe where they have hyerflation. In the 1990s inflation was only 32% but in the present. 100 trillion dollars in zimbabwe is worth only $1 or $2 USA. Some places don't even take this.
This proves hyerinflation is real. Just do research on Zimbabwee; they used to have a poverty rate of 25% and now it is 60%. The USA poverty rate is 15% only 10% less than when things started to get bad in zimbabwe.

remember our poverty/ unemployment rate are only determined by those on the grid the numbers are worse than what is posted.... just a side note

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by GodofWar411

I did even further research and they were able to turn there country around when they abandoned their currency. They still aren't doing great but their country is getting better. If we have to abandon our american currency someday where would the world be. ZImbabwee was saved when they went over to the US dollar for a year. Then they went to another currency because they said they can't rely on too foriegn of a currency.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodofWar411

Originally posted by dreamseeker
www.youtube.com...

remember our poverty/ unemployment rate are only determined by those on the grid the numbers are worse than what is posted.... just a side note

Our poverty rate and unemployment is probably higher. When I was comparing the USA to other countries the one thing I noticed is that China seems to be doing better than us. Could China they be the next USA?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Man i figured this thread would active as hell........ not to many care i guess

top topics

join