It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: New Bill Seeks to Nullify Constitution

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 02:39 AM
link   
A new bill, HR 3920 IH, submitted to the House of Representatives in March, poses the greatest threat our Constitution has faced. If passed, it will give Congress the power to override Supreme Court decisions, if it rules that a law is unConstitutional. The Supreme Court is our primary protection from power-hungry legislators who seek to pass unConstitutional laws. The following text is from the actual bill.

thomas.loc.gov
A BILL
To allow Congress to reverse the judgments of the United States Supreme Court.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the `Congressional Accountability for Judicial Activism Act of 2004'.

SEC. 2. CONGRESSIONAL REVERSAL OF SUPREME COURT JUDGMENTS.

The Congress may, if two thirds of each House agree, reverse a judgment of the United States Supreme Court--

(1) if that judgment is handed down after the date of the enactment of this Act; and

(2) to the extent that judgment concerns the constitutionality of an Act of Congress.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

If you value your freedom and the ideals on which our country was founded, at all, PLEASE write to your Congressman and Representatives, and demand that they vote "NO" on this bill! This is of utmost importance, and I hope it will not be blown off or thought insignificant.

Related News Links:
www.petitiononline.com
www.house.gov

[edit on 14-7-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I cannot even fathom why they want to take away checks and balances. This is ridiculous. I don't know what to say, this has left me speechless and in awe at the blatant usurpation of power by a more centralized few.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
I cannot even fathom why they want to take away checks and balances. This is ridiculous. I don't know what to say, this has left me speechless and in awe at the blatant usurpation of power by a more centralized few.

Its the ultra right wings continued assult on individual rights. Remember all this talk about Gay marrige and "activist judges" It will destroy our checks and balance system that has kept our government stable for over 200 years.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Remember all this talk about Gay marrige and "activist judges" It will destroy our checks and balance system that has kept our government stable for over 200 years.

Yep...now we know why Bush and co. are fighting so hard against gay marriage and why Bush keeps referring to the judges who have ruled in favor of it as "activist judges"...the pieces are all falling into place now!

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 04:46 AM
link   
conservatives whining about judicial activism make me sick, when they are the worst practioners of it. remember reagan, anyone? this bill just looks like more judicial activism to me. and probably the most extreme and threatening example of it ever before seen.

-koji K.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by koji_K
conservatives whining about judicial activism make me sick, when they are the worst practioners of it. remember reagan, anyone?

Now Now lay off Ronald. His hetoric was louder that his actual stance on things . The reality is he was much more pragmatic that his speeched let people to believe

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 04:57 AM
link   
If that bill passes, the Congress can pass another bill allowing President Bush to stay in power forever and nobody could actually do anything about it.
As it is "legal"

Hail Bush

Nah, seriously. I guess it is one weired congressman asking for that bill. It's common practice in all western governments that even the most stupid and frightening laws are at least presented to the congress. In most cases you don't see a serious talk about it anyway.

Do we have more information about this bill?

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by shoo
Nah, seriously. I guess it is one weired congressman asking for that bill. It's common practice in all western governments that even the most stupid and frightening laws are at least presented to the congress. In most cases you don't see a serious talk about it anyway.

It sould have died in committiee, if it is being presented to the congress as a whole then it has passed through committiee and has been really considered.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 05:14 AM
link   

It sould have died in committiee, if it is being presented to the congress as a whole then it has passed through committiee and has been really considered.

Thanks for the info
in most European countries it is slightly different.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by shoo

Thanks for the info
in most European countries it is slightly different.

I should have added has been or will be considered. A bill like that would have to get by both the house and senate. then the president can sign it or veto it. In the senate there is a tactic known as filibustering. If a party does not have a majority they can litterly talk the bill to death 24/7 they take turns holding debate. (it does not even have to be about the bill at hand, they could read from a newspaper) If 2/3 of the senate vote in favor it can end a filibuster though.

df1

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 05:49 AM
link   
SCOTUS must rule this law unconstitutional as it limits the power of SCOTUS which can only be limited by a consititutional ammendment.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by df1
SCOTUS must rule this law unconstitutional as it limits the power of SCOTUS which can only be limited by a consititutional ammendment.

Good point. I did not take into consideration that this law would be reviewed. However, if you pack the bench with Scalia/Thomas types, you never know.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Who Owns You?

1. The IRS is not a U.S. Government Agency. It is an Agency of the IMF. (Diversified Metal Products v. IRS et al. CV-93-405E-EJE U.S.D.C.D.I., Public Law 94-564, Senate Report 94-1148 pg. 5967, Reorganization Plan No. 26, Public Law 102-391.)

Read more

MEMBERS: Do not simply post news articles in the forums without comment. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of current events, please post the first paragraph, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item.

[edit on 12-7-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 07:06 AM
link   
what do you say to that??? Alllrighty then

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I consider this bill an act of TREASON.

The bill totally violates the entire Consitituion.

The sponsor and co-sponsors of this bill should be removed from office immediately.

U.S. Constitution

If this passes, might as well remove Articles one through three.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   
By way of jury duty all unconstitutional regulations, statutes, codes, etc. can be rendered null and void. Although, the administrative Admiralty Law courts (most 'judges' and 'attorneys' are not fully informed themselves) will not inform jurors of this power and, indeed, of their Constitutional DUTY to nullify all illegal proceedings which fall outside of a courts jurisdictional authority in blatant violation of the US Constitution . They are instead instructed by the administrator (judge) to fully participate in what is a constructive fraud by rendering a GUILTY verdict in accordance with Admiralty Law rules and guidelines.

If a juror believes the court is operating under the color of law, and all of them are, then a juror can say "NOT GUILTY" thereby nullifing a Admiralty courts law.

Complete "Citizens Rule Book"

Section I
A HANDBOOK FOR JURORS
Jury Duty!
The purpose of this information if to revive, as Jefferson put it, "The Ancient Principles." It is not designed to promote lawlessness or a return to the jungle. The "Ancient Principle" refer to the Ten Commandments and the Common Law. The Common Law is, in simple terms, just plain common sense and has its roots in the Ten Commandments.

MEMBERS: Do not simply post news articles in the forums without comment. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of current events, please post the first paragraph, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   
if this info is accurate i would like to get out to as many asap. the original link is not working for me, any others ? thanks

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I just checked both of the hyperlinks I posted...they're both functioning for me.

Try a browser search for "The Citizens Rule Book" it should return a good link for you.

[edit on 11-7-2004 by neomoniker]

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   
www.wealth4freedom.com...

Investigation of the alleged Internal Revenue Service and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms has disclosed a broad, premeditated conspiracy to defraud the Citizens of the united States of America. Examination of the United States Code, the Code of Federal Regulations, the Statutes at Large, Congressional Record, the Federal Register, and Internal Revenue manuals too numerous to list reveals a crime of such magnitude that words cannot adequately describe the betrayal of the American people. What we uncovered has clearly been designed to circumvent the limitations of the Constitution for the united States of America and implement the Communist Manifesto within the 50 States. Marx and Engles claimed that in the effort to create a classless society, a "graduated income tax" could be used as a weapon to destroy the middle class.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   
[edit on 2004-7-14 by Teknik]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join