It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is my room haunted? Amongst other questions.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
So first off, I have no evidence just my testament so please don't ask.

So basically I've lived in this house in a deserty part of California. Rural area that has no past history of being settled. Parents bought the house before it was built.

I've noticed ever since I started living here in 2000 I would fall into paralysis and see shadowed people

I first started off this subject way back in my introduction thread. Here's the quote:
=========================
I have come across many peoples descriptions of paralysis dreams but I dont know what to gather from them. However my paralysis is slightly different and similar to my puzzle dreams only in that it lasts around 10 minutes and I get a heated knot of nerves. Anyways I basically am lying in my room and then things start to go hazy and I start to sorta expand my senses. It's like I'm awake and what I'd hear usually if I strained hard to hear, I'd have an easy time hearing in this state. Only problem is that I am completely paralysed. Then I get to noticing other "presences" in my room. One is a little girl ghost I guess that is connected to me but I'm not exactly sure how (Will explain in a future post maybe.) and another that feels sorta masculane but is not a man nor woman. It has only spoken to me once though. Again I wont repeat what it said since some of you may take it the wrong way, but I will say its' "voice" shook my entirity. Usually in this state of paralysis I get in such a strong sense of fear that I break out of this heightened state.
===========================================
I think it is about time I continued with the explaination

And the reason I'm doing it is because tonight is the first night there has been a physical sign of a presence.
(when I was able to finally sit up I heard this odd clinking sound, and when I looked up at my fan the "Weighted" pullstring was clanking against the fan blades. Fan was off. Nothing nearby it, no open windows or wind of any sort, and I cant reach it without standing on my bed. Something else definantly caused it to move)

As for the little girl ghost, one night when i finally went to sleep, I had a vivid dream where I took the perspective of a child case worker and saw the little girl. He came back later and the dad shot the caseworker from the doorway. That is my only connection I know of to the girl. Also a psychic friend told me that my story felt right, and tried feeling out the two. She said the little girl is there because of her father and the father is a ghost or whatever because of his guilt for his abuse to his family. It seems like there is a wife and another daughter the psychic sensed, that were already in heaven. And that it is possible for both father and daughter to ascend if the father is able to forgive himself.

As for the masculine spirit, I still have no idea what it is, it still comes into my room from time to time. And it's quote that it said to me, "You are god." No I don't have a complex, that is just what it said to me. But still the voice itself, as said it just shook me.

Also in the past there was a shadow of a little boy that visited only one night, He stood by my bed sobbing asking where his teddy bear was, not really thinking about it I just answered, "in my mom's office" and woke up. Next morning my mom was asking both me and my sister about who moved her teddy bear because, somehow, during the night, it went from my moms office, past the kitchen, past dinner table, to a couch at least 20 feet away from the six foot high self it was on. Dog couldn't get it and no one in our family moved it O_O

The only other time I've had a similar experience was in an old WWI house I was staying in in Maryland. I was on the bottom bunk of a bunk bed and at the opposite end was a closet. I feel into my paralysed state and the closet opens up, an old man(first time it wasnt a shadow) in a wheel chair wheels himself out, and I come out of the paralysis(no longer able to see the old man and closet is back closed) with the same hot knot in the back of my head. Next morning I grab a crowbar, cause yes, this closet was stuck closed for whatever reason. Neither me or my roomate had opened it by normal means so this was the first time we looked inside. There was the exact same wheelchair inside the closet.

Ok, So first question, if this is new land, new house, etc; how can my room have been visited by 4 spirits?

Why do I fall into paralysis see these shadows, and wake up with the hot knot in the back of my head?

Really, what makes me believe that for the most part it's in my room is that when I go to sleep on the couch downstairs, go sleep at relatives or friends place, I'm able to fall asleep peacefully. The only other time was that incident in Maryland I was speaking about. Any ideas to help please?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Sorry, i dont have much to say about this other than just because you think its new land. How do you know it wasnt a campsite for someone possibly hundreds of years ago. Could there not have been a small shack or hut of some sorts long long ago to which there would be no remains of it? or even maybe a burial plot?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
A friend of mine once said that there are few haunted houses and many haunted people. I think that you are a natural medium. Now whether or not that means that you are a psychic or have some subtle mental health issue is a huge question. I am not being rude to you but psychism exists as does as subtle insanity.

Rgds

T
edit on 20-1-2011 by tiger5 because: typo

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
Sorry, i dont have much to say about this other than just because you think its new land. How do you know it wasnt a campsite for someone possibly hundreds of years ago. Could there not have been a small shack or hut of some sorts long long ago to which there would be no remains of it? or even maybe a burial plot?

The dream that I saw of the girl and her dad at least, they came from a place where their house was on a cliff overlooking the beach/ocean. Ocean is a good two hours from here if I don't hit traffic. So why are they here? I know from that dream the girl was dumped over the cliff.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

Jeez, I'll keep what you said in mind but I seriously hope that I'm not a natural medium, and I've had enough head examinations to know I'm not MD'd. If I am even a partial medium, I've got to find a way to... filter or stop myself from these experiences.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by furzball

It sounds to me like you may have natural clairvoyance ... if this is the case then you need to find someone who can show you how to control 'it' rather than 'it' control you (as it seems to be doing at the moment).

This can be a gift that will help you to help yourself ... and others if harnessed correctly. However, if left to it's own devices this ability can allow unwanted entities through that can cause you psychological problems ... or even breakdowns.

Try to seek out help either from a personal mentor ... or circle for psychic development that you can sit in ... even a spiritualist church in your area would help to give you some pointers on how to control this ability.

Another thing I would suggest is reading about other clairvoyants ... so that you can start to understand how this works ... and the importance of controlling it.

Woody

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Thanks, I'm going on a few sites and contacting friends online and offline to get networked. Plus am thinking of picking up a couple books on the subject when I get some money.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

It's like I'm awake and what I'd hear usually if I strained hard to hear, I'd have an easy time hearing in this state.

This part fascinates me because I've had this happen to me many many times, over my 34 years. This is the first time I've heard of it happening to anyone else, although I'm sure it's far more common than that. Most likely, it just isn't often talked about. One example I can think of is that the neighbors could be talking next door, and what would normally sound like just a murmur, that would normally one would only catch tiny bits and pieces of the conversation, in this state, it's as if the conversation is going on in the same room with you and you can understand every word. I have "woken up" in this state before to hear a random noise that is LOUD, and then wake up completely to hear that it's barely audible.

Sorry to focus so much on this one part of your post, but FINALLY, someone else experiences this too! lol!

Now, as for what's happening to you, it does sound like you are somewhat of a medium or clairvoyant. Perhaps you attract these entities because they know you can see them and hear them when most other people can't. As for the one who told you "you are god," perhaps it actually thought so because you were the only human it had ever met that could acknowledge its presence? I know that sounds WAY out there, but I'm really just thinking out loud here. But, if it exists in the spirit world and has been trying to communicate with those of us in our realm for a long time, and you were the first it found that could... it might make sense that it could think that, lol.

Now, obviously, the land isn't new, although I do understand what you're saying. I have had paranormal things happen to me in a new house, on land that had been in my family for years, and I know for a FACT that the things I saw in that house, were not people that had died on that land in the past 100 years. Before that though, it's hard to say because I have no idea what was there before my family bought the land. I know Native Americans were here because we find their arrow heads all the time. It's likely that native people, or even people from a century or so ago, could have occupied the land you're living on and there is really no evidence left to prove it. Now, that doesn't mean that is who is visiting you, but it's a possibility.

As far as the little girl that was pushed over a cliff, I think it's very likely that these spirits have just noticed that you are able to see and acknowledge them when most other living people can't, so they are drawn to you, even from a distance away. I've heard of it happening before. Sounds to me like you have a great gift and just need to learn how to use it to help out these "trapped souls" or whatever the appropriate term is for them. I think that with guidance, your ability could grow significantly!

Now, that's just my opinion, but it makes sense, at least in my head, lol! I wont be offended if you don't agree with me, but I do think you have a special gift.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I really feel for you, Furzball. Same kind of crap has happened to me since I can remember as a toddler. Though I don't see ghosts or whatever quite the same as you do except once when I was awake, that was a family member and the ghost stated her name and reason for appearing and that's the only time that courtesy was ever extended to me. The rest of the manifestations were unwanted and unwelcome and greatly resented. Other incidents are sleep paralysis kinds, too and mostly I just see amorphous blobs. Other incidents I'm not sure I was dreaming as I was awakening or not so I have to discount them. My mom says some sort of clairvoyance runs in mostly the females on her side of the family. My dad always presented himself as a skeptic when I was a kid but once I was an adult he admitted he sensed things, too. I dont want to believe. I'm kind of dragged kicking and screaming into this sort of thing and it's not gone well for me at all. I've gone on serotonin adjusters to get rid of the abilty but that only worked for a couple of years. Now my kid shows some slight sign if this curse. I'm not happy about it at all. I don't mind places being haunted but people being haunted is unfair. The dead need to just go away and deal or find someone who WANTS to help.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

Dear sir/madam, I suggest that it may not be a good thing to take drugs to block this stuff. I do not know your exact circumstances and am not a doctor. What I have noticed is that meditation done daily may stop or damp down the sysmptoms. Try them with the drugs and only change your medication if your doctor suggests. I am trying to be careful here. I know it did with me when I became initiate. I am not suggesting you go as far as initiate as that my not be your path. I know some of these drugs are harmful.

If you do not acknowledge the entities sometimes they go away also.

Best wishes to you and yours

edit on 21-1-2011 by tiger5 because: typo

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

Thanks Tiger. I was going through a period of time right after the birth of my daughter where I was experiencing all sorts of strange things, some of which I've described elsewhere on ATS. It's like in went through a mix of clairvoyance run amok and some other thinks too freaky to be sure was it real in some sense or did I need to consider I was suffering a type of psychotic break. Some of the things I experienced made me fear for the safety of my baby. One dream that continued well into awakening in particular freaked me out because it was like something out of a cheesy horror movie and my baby was in the room at the time. I decided that is the last straw, I'm taking action.

I don't want to derail the OP 's thread here with my own anecdote but I decided I would be practical and just take all the measures I could think of. In case I was experiencing something paranormal, I had a home blessing conducted. In case I was having some sort of psychosis, though I doubt it, because I never lost rational bearing and the ability to be objective about my situation and options, I went to my doctor, explained just enough of my perceptions to get treatment, and got a prescription for serotonin adjuster. I had noticed when my mom had a schizo break from reality my dad and I could see actual manifestations around her, mostly freaky shadow people kind of blobs we had never seen before. They were about the size of cats and shaped like guinea pigs and moved very fast.

So I have a theory that something in the way some malfunctioning minds work can let paranormal things manifest, at least in some cases. Going on this idea, I hoped adjusting my brain chemistry would kill the whole mess. And it did and I couldn't have been happier. I stayed on the meds for about four years and have been off for about a year and a half now. I'm getting half of that "curse" back. A little precognition here and there, a little sleep paralysis and some incidents that feel like involuntary OBE 's and so forth creeping back in. I hate having any trace of any ability at all. I do not want. I want to be a normal regular suburban mom.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
i'm in agreement with woodwytch...

the place is not 'haunted' as far as many other peoples see... it's most likely your special traits, abilities
to go, to see, where others can't in other words...

It may be a brain type of thing, maybe a genetic thing -- in the same vein as some people being color-blind,
it not a disability nor a malfunction... it might just be an enhancement that allows you to peer past the veil.

hope you days/nights are not disrupted, because you have found a way to resolve the situation for everyones benefit.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
From what I understand about ghost and I am not an exepert , ghost can attach themselves to almost anything. I mean where did your mom get the bear? Maybe she got it from a yard sale and ghosts of the previous owners attached themselves to that?

Heck , is your house made of wood? Maybe those trees were cutdown from somewhere close to a graveyard and the spirts clung to thoe trees as they were being taken away.

Personally , i'd look into calling someone. I don't know how much they charge or if someone of them do it free. But I would call someone with more knowledge of the field.

I mean obviously these things have a path into your house from the otherside and almost anything from that otherside can come right into your house right now. Like a demon or an incubi or something like that. I'd call someone as soon as I could before something bad happens.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Well thank you all for your recommendations. I probably wont take pills since I don't know how I'd react to them. But I am currently signed up in a meetups group and trying to find someone to help me out. Tomorrow I'm heading down to the local pagan shop to pick up a few books. I have been practicing some meditation, but only the relaxing spot one (basically taking my grandfathers house and moving it over to a beach front in my mind). So I'll see what comes of all this. I'm thinking the first thing I need to do is once I get someone to start teaching me I need to get a spirit guide/guardian.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by furzball
reply to post by woodwytch

Thanks, I'm going on a few sites and contacting friends online and offline to get networked. Plus am thinking of picking up a couple books on the subject when I get some money.

Good idea to research this kind of thing as much as possible ... the more you understand it the less scary it will seem ... and the more control you will have over it.

Another piece of advice I would offer you is to be discerning in your research ... unfortunately this is a field rife with charlatans ... those who are genuine will generally help you for free ... or a donation ... never ever pay silly amounts of money to be taught anything in this field ... you already have the ability, it just needs nurturing and there should not be a price for something you already have !

As I said before if you want to ask any questions I'm happy for you to u2u me

Woody

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

No Furzball, don't take meds. You are right on that. I don't see anything in your posts indicating you need to go down that route. I had a parent with diagnosed mental illness so I had to explore that possibility for myself personally, but that was just me. For me, in that time period it felt like my brain chemistry was "stuck" in that state we all normally experience when we are between being asleep and awakening. My perceptions about everything felt a bit odd. It was worth it to me to go on the serotonin reuptake med but there were side effects. I lost ability to feel any emotion. That's definitely a liability when you are a new parent with a little one to nurture. So I told my doc about that and we got me on a schedule to wean me off. And I'm off and then I found ATS and now I'm really "off".

I'm pretty much okay these days but now I'm concerned for my six year old. I've just deleted all the reasons for my concerns because I get uncomfortable talking too much about my kid on a public forum. She is okay but we had a bout of spookiness right about the time all that Solstice eclipse stuff was going on and this time instead of me, it seemed centered on my kid and she had a lot of perceptions like the ones I experienced that I spoke of. I didn't pay any heed to the eclipse at the time but only just now am wondering does that sort of event have any paranormal significance especially where little kids are concerned? okay...edit...I will say that masculine "voice" that you describe, Furz, if it's not an actual voice you hear with your ears but one you kind of sense in your thoughts, then okay, I'll admit, my kid heard something similar and it was a vile vicious entity given what it told her. And that's all I will post publicly. It seems to be gone now. I had a lot of friends praying for us. If that's the kind of thing you are experiencing then buddy, you've got my prayers too. Damn that's scary and unwanted.
edit on 22-1-2011 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SheeplFlavoredAgain

I'll admit, my kid heard something similar and it was a vile vicious entity given what it told her. And that's all I will post publicly. It seems to be gone now. I had a lot of friends praying for us. If that's the kind of thing you are experiencing then buddy, you've got my prayers too. Damn that's scary and unwanted.
edit on 22-1-2011 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: (no reason given)

I have heard enough. Can I email you privately? I think there is a simple experiment we can do that can solve it. I call all magic experiments when dealing with nonmagicians. It will be not particularly magical as you know it. as it has no godnames or angels or blah blah.

Rgds

T

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Try to find and search some resource material from your room, it could lead you some where.

new topics

top topics

join