It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of dead octopuses wash up on Portugal beach

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

No idea what I am doing! I hope you can all see this information as I think it needs adding to the list.
I also heard on the local Radio station (19/1) that 100's of dead fish were found on a river in Alton, Hampshire, in the UK. This has not been reported in the National news but I think it's another incident that needs to be added to the long list.

I hope I haven't embarressed myself attempting to bring you this information.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
There is actually at least 1. and i think i may have seen 2 threads about this subject already.

Edit: and now i see there is yet another started 10 minutes after this 1

edit on 1/20/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by blue sister

Hi blue sister and welcome to ATS!

As others have noted, there are already threads about this. However, the main problem is that event occurred more than one year ago. Please note what it says on that BBC page:

Page last updated at 14:15 GMT, Sunday, 3 January 2010

If my memory serves me correctly, it was determined back in late February last year that the octopuses died of an infection. Like all complex creatures they are susceptible to infection by a whole range of pathogenic organisms and both the post-mortem studies and follow-on lab tests with live, healthy subjects of the same species ("challenged" with the suspect pathogen) confirmed that they died of a disease.

Best regards,

Mike

new topics

join