It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it really that important what the rest of the world thinks of the United States? Should Americans

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
ww2 was a war against the free world not just Europe. Yes america is the biggest super power in many different ways, does that mean you can just continue on in life without giving a second thought to the rest of the world?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
@#^%$@ no! we should take of ourselves, and then when they need money,
ask them, How Do Like Us Now.
edit on 10-2-2011 by hounddoghowlie because: spelling

edit on 10-2-2011 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by FeralPotato

damn straight zippy, but all the worlders and the bleeding hearts,
aren't gonna let happen.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
So you can just pull out your troops from a war you started & leave the rest of the world to deal with it?
What an ignorant attitude

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by FarFromEden
Even before the diplomatic " secrets " were exposed laying bare how some U.S. diplomats thought of certain world leaders and events, the U.S. government has always stressed that we as a nation should do this, or not do that, as the case may be in any given situation based on world opinion. IF WE ARE THE MOST POWERFUL NATION THE WORLD HAS EVER KNOWN, HAVE GIVEN BILLIONS AND BILLIONS OF DOLLARS IN FOREIGN AID, SHOULD WE GIVE A DAMN WHAT THE WORLD THINKS OF US?? There are those who say we don't care what the world thinks. They complain that the U.S. says one thing publicly, and does quite another when no one is looking. I have lived in Asia and heard the complaints and was treated like I was responsible for what they didn't like about the U.S. The question I really would like an answer to is this; Do we as Americans owe the world anything, or do we have the right to tell the rest of the planet to go to hell, and keep their opinions to themselves?

From your thread can see why you had trouble in asia.. Most likely you kept whinging because things werent like america - can always spot americans from a mile away here as theyre almost always loud and complaining.. Then we see a few who are actually civilised that come over here and they enjoy the visit making friends while theyre here.. America is not the center of the world contrary to what many there seem to believe.. Personally I avoid the areas they frequent when they visit asia or if have to be in one conveniently forget english as have better things to do than listen to a. complaints about everything from the weather to the food here. Or
b. How "great" america is...
When travelling remember - your a guest in the country you visit act accordingly politeness goes far..

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join