It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it really that important what the rest of the world thinks of the United States? Should Americans

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
The same media moguls that own our news corporations, own the same foreign news corporations that spread negative propaganda about us.

It's a conspiracy man, I'm tellin' ya.

That's pretty much the whole story in a nutshell.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

Keep right on dreaming. The patent rights were filed here in the U.S.A. That's all that counts since the U.S.A. is a melting pot of many peoples. Ever hear of E Pluribus Unum?? OUT OF MANY...ONE. As for WW 2, the Brits were finished after Dunkirk. They had no weapons, over half their army was dead or too wounded for service. Without U.S. help the Nazis would be marching up white hall and they knew it. I guess you were absent alot from history class.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

The world is jealous of the U.S. and I hope they stay afraid of us. Every time the stars and stripes is seen by foreigners, including our friends, I want a fearful chill to be felt. As long as we are feared as a nation, hopefully they will think twice before they move against us.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaalphanovember

America is no longer a self-sufficient power - they hardly produce any goods at all -

----------------------------------------------

Really? What about these items below??? You really need to research a little further before making such broad sweeping statements, normally spread by the MSM:

Air Cleaners Made in America

Ammunition American Made

Apparel Made in the USA

Art Made in America

Auto Parts and Supplies American Made

Baby Products Made in America

Back Packs Made in the USA

Bags Made in America

Barbecue Grills Made in America

Baskets Made in America

Bath & Body Made in the USA

Bedding Made in the USA

Bedroom Furniture Made in America

Belts Made in the USA

Beverages Made in America

Beverage Holders American Made

Bikes Made in the USA

Blankets American Made

Blinds Made in America

Boats Made in the USA

Books American Made

Boots Made in the USA

Boxes / Packaging Made in America

Bridal Made in the USA

Brooms Made in the USA

Building Material Made in America

Calenders Made in the USA

Camera and Camera Equipment

Camping Gear Made in the USA

Candles Made in America

Candy Made in the USA

Cheese Made in America

Children's Books Made in America

Children's Clothes Made in the USA

Cleaning Supplies Made in the USA

Clocks Made in America

Clothing Made in the USA

Clothing Accessories American Made

Coffee Cups Made in America

Coffee Grown in the USA

Collectibles American Made

Computer Equipment American Made

Cosmetics Made in the USA

Dining Room Furniture American Made

DIY Guides Made in America

Drapery Made in the USA

Educational Products American Made

Electronics Made in the USA

Expedition Gear Made in America

Fabric Made in America

Fabricating American Made

Fishing Equipment Made in the USA

Fitness Equipment American Made

Flashlights Made in America

Flags Made In America

Flowers Grown in the USA

Food Snacks American Made

Frames Made in the USA

Furnaces Made in America

Furniture Made in the USA

Games Made in America

Gifts American Made

Gourmet Foods Made in the USA

Green Products Made in America

Guns and Firearms Made in the USA

Hair Care Products and Dryers

Hats Made in America

Health and Beauty Products USA

Hobby Products Made in America

Holiday Decor Made in the USA

Home Decor Made in the USA

Household Gadgets American Made

Housewares Made in America

Hunting Gear Made in America

Industrial Equipment American Made

Injection Molding Made in the USA

Jackets Made in America

Jeans Made in the USA

Jewelry Made in the USA

Kitchen Products Made in America

Knives Made in the USA

LCD Displays/LCD Picture Frames

Lawn and Garden

Lighting fixtures Made in America

Luggage Made in the USA

Made in America Specialty Stores/site

Mattresses Made in America

Marine Hardware

Medical Equipment Made in America

Mens Clothes Made in the USA

Metal Buildings Made in America

Motorcycles Made in the USA

Mountain Climbing Gear Made in the USA

Musical Instruments and Accessories

Nutritional Supplements American Made

OEM Manufacturing in the USA

Office Supplies Made in America

Outdoor Furniture Made in the USA

Pens and Pencils Made in America

Perfume Made in the USA

Pet Products Made in the USA

Plastic Products Made in the USA

Professional Services in America

Promotional Products Made in the USA

Purses / Handbags Made in America

Uniforms Made in the USA

Recycled Products American Made

Restaurant Equipment Made in the USA

Rugs Made in the USA

Safes Made in America

Safety Equipment / Clothing USA

Shoes Made in the USA

Signs and Plaques Made in America

Skateboards Made in the USA

Soap American Made

Socks Made in America

Solid Waste Equipment

Sporting Goods Made in the USA

Steel Supplies

Table Games Made in the USA

Tile Made in America

Tools Made in the USA

Toothbrush Oral Care American Made

Towels Made in the USA

Toys Made in the USA

Tractors Made in America

Tradeshow Displays Made in the USA

Trunks and Cases Made in America

Urns Mad in America

Vacuums Made in the USA

Wallets Made in the USA

Washing Machines Made in America

Water Filters Made in the USA

Wildlife Habitats Made in the USA

Wind Chimes Made in America

Wine Made in the USA

Winter Gear Made in America

Women's Clothes Made in the USA

Wood Stoves Made in America

Vitamins Made in the USA

Source: www.americansworking.com...

edit on 23-1-2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
ofc it matters this is increasingly a global community..

kx

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FarFromEden

My, my. How pride often goeth before a fall. I hope you enjoy the Fourth Reich, seeing as you're a Brownshirt already. Your tone and arguments sound far too naive and immature for an adult.

You harp on a lot, with a good deal of arrogance, about Amerika's World War exploits. I'd like to return you to the present for the moment. As of March of this year, your country shall have been at war in Iraq- a war it has dragged other nations into- for eight long years. Iraq borders Iran, a country the U.S. has isolated, baited and threatened now for thirty-two years. Afghanistan, another country that borders Iran, has suffered U.S. depredation for a good long while too, now. Pakistan has been added to this mess, as well- and as with Iraq, other nations have been dragged into it. In all of this time your country has accomplished nothing but mayhem and violence. And for what? FOR OIL.

Your country is already heavily invested in a 14 trillion dollar oil field on the Caspian Sea in Azerbaijan, which is landlocked by many countries, especially Turkey, Iraq and Iran. The only economically viable pipeline route for Amerika to transport Azerbaijani oil runs through Iran's Soviet-built pipeline to the Persian Gulf. There is a great deal of oil north of Afghanistan in Uzbekistan and Tadhzikistan, as well- two more landlocked nations. A pipeline from Uzbekistan and Tadhzikistan would have to be built to cross over both Afghanistan and Pakistan to get it to the Indian Ocean.

If you think that it's viable for your country to attack and occupy these nations so that your people can keep buying cheap gas for your cars, keep this in mind- China has already built overland pipelines to Uzbekistan, Tadhzikistan and Azerbaijan so that both nations can honour the contracts that they have with China to sell China oil- lots of it. Your country isn't picking its battles very carefully- it is starting World War Three. In this war the U.S. will have enemies on every side- all of these Asian nations were doing just fine doing business the way they were until the U.S. began interfering, thank you.

Your thread has carried with it throughout the classical arrogance of someone who is spoiling for a good fight. It's an easy attitude to maintain when the war isn't being fought upon one's own soil. The U.S. hasn't fought such a war since its own Civil War, 1860-65. Your country might have to get back into practice. As of this moment, Red China has 1500 troops on the border of its ally India's Kashmir in Tadhzikistan, with more to come, looking for the right moment to protect its interests in Tadhzikistan and Uzbekistan- and plenty of nuclear missiles aimed at your nation at any given time. To date, your country is the only one that has attacked another- Japan- with nuclear weapons. You say that you want other countries to look upon your nation's flag and be chilled with fear. Plenty of us have been afraid, since 1945, and all of us are sick and tired of it.

This is our world too, and you are living in it. If it takes China to give you your comeuppance, so be it. We can't stop them, and neither can you. Think of it- China has a population of 1.5 billion people, and at present 2.5 million soldiers. Just what game do you think your country is playing, I wonder?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by FarFromEden
reply to post by quackers

It looks like you are using the British form of english so I will assume you are British. WHY DON'T YOU LOOK UP HOW YOUR COUNTRYMEN MURDERED THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE IN INDIA BEFORE YOU START CALLING OTHERS THUGS. BRITAIN RULED INDIA WITH AN IRON FIST, AS IT DID ALL THE OTHER COUNTRIES IT INVADED AND EXPLOITED FOR PROFIT. YOUR PEOPLE FORCED CHINA TO ACCEPT THE IMPORTATION OF OPIUM AT THE POINT OF A GUN, AND ALL NON-WHITES WERE TREATED AS NON-PERSONS. Does the name Ghandi mean anything to you?? NOW THAT IS HYPOCRISY!!!!!

edit on 21-1-2011 by FarFromEden because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-1-2011 by FarFromEden because: (no reason given)

Sorry, what's your point? I fail to see what the Raj has to do with the topic at hand. Your inane rant makes no sense. Hypocricy implies someone says one thing while doing the opposite yet as hard as I try I simply cannot remember being any part of the Raj and the oppression the nation of India. Then again it did end a good 50 years before I was born, maybe thats why. By that reasoning you are personally responsible for the slavery of blacks commited by your ancestors and the wholesale murder of the indigenous populations of North America. A ludicrous proposition.

I think the use of caps in your replies shows that you are letting emotion interfere with your ability to reason and thing logically.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

My thinking is quite clear, my temper under control. I spent many years engaged in life or death emergencies in a law enforcement capacity. There are many people still alive today because I acted based on training rather than emotion. I love the British people very much. The U.S. and Britain are very close friends and I would give my life to fight any enemy who attacked any part of the British commonwealth. My family came to America from Scotland around 1700, I display the coat-of-arms of my clan in my home. I am of British extraction, pure and simple.Your comments suggested to me that you were charging the U.S. with wanton aggressive acts, including violence, against innocent people. The U.S. government has been involved in certain situations that were ill advised, and beneath the dignity of the American people. The British government has as well. M.I. 5 and M.I. 6 are not staffed by a group of impotent boyscouts. They are as ruthless as the C.I.A. The U.S. government does nothing that the British government hasn't signed off on, or been directly involved in. That was my point.

edit on 25-1-2011 by FarFromEden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

By the way, my paternal grandmother was full-blooded Cherokee, my maternal grandmother was half-blooded from the creek tribe. I am well aware what happened to my native people at the hands of certain genecidal psychos in the Federal government. I have family who died during the trail of tears. The same thing happened in a portion of the British commonwealth known as Canada, for which no apology has been offered.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by FarFromEden
reply to post by Vicky32

Keep right on dreaming. The patent rights were filed here in the U.S.A. That's all that counts since the U.S.A. is a melting pot of many peoples. Ever hear of E Pluribus Unum?? OUT OF MANY...ONE. As for WW 2, the Brits were finished after Dunkirk. They had no weapons, over half their army was dead or too wounded for service. Without U.S. help the Nazis would be marching up white hall and they knew it. I guess you were absent a lot from history class.

Sad, just sad... Our education system is far superior to yours, so I can guarantee that the history classes (from which I was never absent) and went up to University level, taught me more than you have ever learned. (I went to University, whereas it's possible you never even went to "college" (here, college means high school, and one of our University lecturers (you'd call them professors, I believe), who came from the USA explained to us that American 'college' is equal to our high schools..
However, I didn't need 'school' to teach me what #e you're spouting about WW2. My father fought in WW2 in the British Army, and if he were alive now, he would add that you're fantasising.
Back to inventions - you Americans are well known for stealing inventions and patenting them in the USA. It's what you do.
You steal copyrighted books and films as well - for instance, Tolkien's publishers discovered in the 1940s, that y'all had been distributing a bootleg version of the Hobbit for years. In that case, it turned out to be a good thing - when the publishers won the court case they brought, they took their payment in paper and that's why we have Lord of the Rings today.
Y'all may not have the ability to think of anything, write or invent anything - but back then, you at least had more money than you knew what to do with, so you could be of (limited) use.
Now do you don't even have that!
Vicky

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by manta78

Don't forget these other things made in the USA:

Unicorn saddles made in the USA
Pegasus halters made in the USA
Narnia on $40 A Day Guides made in the USA
Stillsuits for Use on Arakkis made in the USA
X-Wing Fighters made in the USA
Warp drive engines made in the USA
Dilithium Crystals (to power the warp drive engines) made in the USA
Flying Monkey uniforms made in the USA

In other words, just listing all of those things kind of doesn't work. You found a list online and just pretty much copied and pasted some of them. How about some actual products with name and manufacturer? Otherwise, your list might as well be imaginary.

edit on 25-1-2011 by dalloway because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by RomaMayLi

We, the American people, admit that we have a stratigic goal of energy security even if our Federal government won't admit that publicly. It was Darwin who coined the phrase " survival of the fittist ". Well, the countries who can obtain the energy resources will have a modern, comfortable living standard. The ones who can't, will not. Why should the U.S. feel guilty about taking care of it's citizens in a competitive world?? We have given out billions in foreign aid, we have done our share to help relieve suffering. The U.S. has done far more good in the world than bad. As for Iraq, I don't see anyone shedding any tears over the loss of Saddam. Iraq has fractured into tribal elements and they are killing each other to settle old scores. This is mostly due to how the British had carved up the Arab world 100 years ago. The borders don't reflect the ancient tribal areas at all. The British admit the borders were arbitrary, and regret having done that. As for your remark regarding our involvement in both world war I and II....America didn't start those wars, they were started for us and we finished them. We also rebuilt war-torn areas via THE MARSHAL PLAN... I guess you forgot about that. As for China, or any other nation who would attack the U.S., we have the most advanced nuclear and non-nuclear weapons ever conceived. We destroyed the entire Iraqi army in 80 hours. No nation could ever get away with even a full-scale nuclear attack on the U.S. mainland or our interests abroad. Our space based weapons, and our nuclear submarines will survive the attack, and everyone ( except you, evidently ) knows what will happen next. For the record, I am a full supporter of democracy, not a brown-shirted facist as your insulting remark painted me. I suspect that you are jealous for not having been born American.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

Just keep dreaming those hostile notions of yours against the U.S. It must ease the pain of how the British became a 2nd rate power who couldn't even keep Ireland intact.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by dalloway

If you had bothered to click on the link provided at the bottom of the post, you would have seen all
the detailed information you may need on any one particular type product made in the USA. Each category listed in the previous post has the same type of information.

Here's just one sample to start you off on your search:

"Ammunition Made in the USA Directory"

"Remington Arms Company, Inc., headquartered in Madison, N.C., designs, produces
and sells sporting goods products for the hunting and shooting sports markets, as
well as military, government and law enforcement markets. Founded in 1816 in
upstate New York, the Company is one of the nation’s oldest continuously operating
manufacturers. Remington is the only U.S. manufacturer of both firearms and
ammunition products. With Remington ammunition you can enjoy the results of
decades of ballistic innovation. It is a collection of what may be the most accurate
and reliable production ammunition you'll ever find. All cartridges are assembled
from the highest quality components with meticulous quality control to assure
absolute reliability. So it should come as no surprise that our lines include vast
choices of calibers, weights, styles and combinations of all these."

edit on 25-1-2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

It's sad, really, that a person like yourself who claims Native American descent describes Amerikan aggression in Asia as "survival of the fittest". I realise that the U.S.' Monroe Doctrine with its section on Manifest Destiny is written to mean that as of Dec, 2nd, 1823, your country decided that it had every right to expand its borders as widely as possible, even beyond the North American continent itself. According to Princeton University, it is even taken by Amerikan law to mean a policy of imperialism rationalised as inevitable as if granted by God. Which god, I wonder?

However, this is not 1823; times (as well as war and weaponry) have changed a great deal. In 1823 your country decided that it had every right to take anything it wished away from anyone in order to further its interests- a decidedly fascist attitude. Atomic weapons did not exist then. They do now. Your Monroe Doctrine is now an outdated, unfeasible set of laws that is being used to endanger every living thing upon the planet. As for being jealous of Amerikan citizenship, I, unlike you, shall never be thoroughly indoctrinated. I am quite content to be one of the meek that shall inherit the Earth, as soon as your country has ceased to exist because of its wars and financial depredations. Only God the One decides who is the fittest to survive.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by manta78

I did click the link. You should have posted the link with a couple of detailed examples, just like you did in your reply to my post, instead of the meaningless long list you included in your original post that proved nothing.

Now, in reference to the site you linked to and provided an example from, are you sure ALL of the parts, supplies, and equipment used in the manufacturing of the items listed on that site are designed and manufactured in the US? Are you really sure?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by RomaMayLi

I agree, the Monroe Doctrine is outdated....gaining more land area is expensive to defend, and dealing with indigenous populations is a hassel. So, resource exploitation via purchase is the prefered method of econonmic expansion for the U.S. at present. Regretably, this does involve dealing with corrupt governments who screw-over their own people, as the Asians are notorious for doing. I know first hand because I married into an Asian family many years ago when I lived is Asia. However, that is their domestic affair and none of our business. We offer compensation through what appear to be legitimate business channels, we can't be held responsible for the actions of corrupt governments. ( I believe the Monroe Doctrine concerned itself mainly with the North American continent, rather than your interpretation of the planet at large. If we Americans find ourselves in a situation that puts our existence in jeapardy, we will fight with all we have. After which, the very few " meek " people who are left will truly envy the dead. My advice to you is pray to your God that Americans are NEVER faced with that choice. )

edit on 26-1-2011 by FarFromEden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Although the US is powerful this country needs to have allies. If we keep pissing people off eventually it will come back to bite us. We have the middle east angry at us, north korea and I'm sure there's more(I haven't researched much). Being an American I am even beginning to dislike the US. Our country is in serious debt, has unjust laws, it has been hypocritical (using nukes first and then preventing others from developing them) so I would say that the US should try to keep some sort of civility with other countries. This is just my opinion though.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
"We should bring all of our troops home and worry about our homeland and let the rest of the world take care of themselves. We shouldn't have to be the World Police or the Worlds Nanny, while our own country is dissolving. We seem to want to stick our noses into everybody elses business without taking care of our own first IMO"

So just watch the rest of the world burn & just sit there feeling all cosy? There are too many social & economic factors for you to just say America should worry about its doorstep before anything else.
The conflicts happeneing across the world are in some ways a battle between good & evil. I understand wanting to look out for your own country first but your coming across as the type of person that is all too common now days, your "screw the world lets just do our thing" attitude will get us nowhere.
What do you mean by " we shouldnt have to worry about being the worlds police or nanny" what are you referring to when you say that? And "we should bring our troops home"? home from where?! A reply would be great, i wanna know what you mean by that & which countries & conflicts you're referring to when you say being the world nanny & bring our troops home!! please respond!!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
You say that like nothing gets made anywhere else in the world!! what a selfish comment....

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join