It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth about Near-camera reflection "Orbs"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by gandalphthegrey

Originally posted by Advantage

Originally posted by thewesticle
So many paranormal investigation teams have lost my support by citing orbs as evidence. It's absolute nonsense and I'm glad to see so many like-minded folks on this thread.

We have a paranormal investigation program on British TV called "Most Haunted" . Most of their evidence for the case of there being paranormal activity in a given area was a couple of photographs of "Orbs" . It was infuriating to watch .

I love most haunted.
David Acorah is a hoot.. we used to all pretend we were consulting Sam or if we screwed up, broke something, lost something, etc it was ALWAYS Sams fault.

And what did you think of his brother , Derek Acorah ?

Good grief.. I forgot the correct name.

Sams fault again.. he musta whispered DAVID in my ear..

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I have never seen a picture of a "orb" that was taken with a film camera and I defy anybody to show me one .
So come folks , lets lay this silly subject to rest , once and for all .

I suppose it depends on what YOU decide is an 'orb'. Yes most 'orb' photos lately fit your 'debunk' No question of it. But true 'orbs' as in 'plasma critters' do exist. I would call THIS one such 'orb' that gives birth to a second one.

Perhaps you care to explain this one as a camera artifact

The full recording is actually 2o minutes long...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

I have never seen a picture of a "orb" that was taken with a film camera and I defy anybody to show me one .
So come folks , lets lay this silly subject to rest , once and for all .

I suppose it depends on what YOU decide is an 'orb'. Yes most 'orb' photos lately fit your 'debunk' No question of it. But true 'orbs' as in 'plasma critters' do exist. I would call THIS one such 'orb' that gives birth to a second one.

Perhaps you care to explain this one as a camera artifact

The full recording is actually 2o minutes long...

First of all ,this is not a discussion about what I call an orb , but what is generally refered to as thus .
This, on the other hand, is just another crap video of whatever and looks nothing like the "orb" that we are dicussing , so I suggest you take your obscure vid to a thread that is discussing badly filmed and obscure vids . Good luck with your quest
edit on 20-1-2011 by gandalphthegrey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Meanwhile , back in the real world

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

looks nothing like the "orb" that we are dicussing ,

That YOU are 'dicussing'... but real people know the difference

[Meanwhile , back in the real world

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a persistent one" Albert Einstein.

Sadly your reality is in a very tiny little box. Enjoy your bliss

edit on 20-1-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

looks nothing like the "orb" that we are dicussing ,

;lol: That YOU are 'dicussing'... but real people know the difference

[Meanwhile , back in the real world

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a persistent one" Albert Einstein.

Sadly your reality is in a very tiny little box. Enjoy your bliss

Since you and your ego chose to join this discussion , I have no alternative but to use the term "WE".

Reality is a sharp kick up the ass . More so for some, it seems

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Had to edit this for the sake of my own sanity

edit on 20-1-by gandalphthegrey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Would an orb picture be more compelling if it was in transit round a subject, and without any noticeable motion on the part of the camera? Also, would a more pastel colour in pale pinks with a orb shape be a normal camera artifact?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by gandalphthegrey

I thought most orb pictures where flecks of dust.. That said a few of my mom's coworkers and a high functioning client said they seen a UFO plasma orb above the other group home(was built on indian burial grounds). But there have been a ton of those types of sightings in Bethlehem PA these last few years(think it happened a few day's before xmass because I remember being told about it at xmass dinner, wish they took a picture but ehh thats life)

Glad I moved out of that area, gives me the creeps. Way to active for my liking.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Will you please provide resources to the declarations of what you find as unacceptable orbs and why?
What does it mean if it has circles inside, how does that automatically make it not real? What about faces inside?
And what about video of an orb moving across a room then up at a probably a 20 degree angle until it is out of frame or disappears?
Thank You.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
Would an orb picture be more compelling if it was in transit round a subject, and without any noticeable motion on the part of the camera? Also, would a more pastel colour in pale pinks with a orb shape be a normal camera artifact?

I really can't comment until I see some footage

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by toolstarr
Will you please provide resources to the declarations of what you find as unacceptable orbs and why?
What does it mean if it has circles inside, how does that automatically make it not real? What about faces inside?
And what about video of an orb moving across a room then up at a probably a 20 degree angle until it is out of frame or disappears?
Thank You.

I'm willing to look at any footage you have

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I know someone who has had some paranormal things happen to him , so he started investigating. In the past year he has started a small group. I saw a video last nite of this unexplained orb. Unfortunately he doesn't even have internet access.
I would like to share this info with him about photos of orbs, but I need proof. I would like a reference to this truth, not just your word. Also, I would like to know more about why circles inside mean something , or you can just send links so I can look myself.
Thanks again.
When he gets internet I will ask him to upload that video and I will send it or post it.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I've never taken the orb thing very seriously, and have been shown pictures in the past of them. I took them to be dust particles and nothing paranormal.

The only thing I've seen that I would say was a genuine orb was in a photograph taken by some friends and I in a haunted location. It was small and red, and when I zoomed in on it in photoshop I found that there was a short motion trail behind the orb. It was pretty exciting, and I frequently wish I still had the photo or knew someone with it, as it was a pretty significant.

I'm not really sure how common that sort of thing is.
edit on 24-1-2011 by zyrna539 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Without going into great detail about the cosmology physics where by with which to explain such "orbs" I just think that your explanation about camera disfunction is just a bit idiotic. Such "orbs" have always existed and are historically called "Fairies" or "Sylph" [air spirits]. They are the visible part of ghosts that inhabit our environment. They are nothing new. What is new is that certain people are able to photograph them. You should do your own research before being so sceptical. Do your own photography and why not set up a video recorder to see if it captures any phenomenon. Open your eyes so that you may be able to see more clearly. Unblock your ears so that you may be able to hear more fully. Seek and you will find.

I recommend that you read the following book. THE HOLOGRAPHIC UNIVERSE
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/89be64c7b7a0.jpg[/atsimg]

AVE RAEGINA CAELINA LA DEUS NOSTRA CAELI LA VERA DEUS
edit on 24/1/2011 by CAELENIUM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I have a question for the Original Poster along these lines, that since you seem to know a bit about this subject seems like a good one to ask you.

Recently I had cause to believe that an unearthly presence might have been in my apartment, so I set up my digital camera on a full sized tripod, turned the movie button on, and let it run for a period in a room at night, with all the lights out. The camera itself was not illuminating the picture area with any kind of flash. There was virtually no ambient light of any kind in the room, it being at night, and the shades drawn, the light off, and the door closed.

I suprised to see what turned up on the film, it was a circular type orb, that was comprised off a countless number of little red fiery sparks that were in constant movement within the orb.

The orb also moved sometimes very quickly and in all directions before becoming stationary again, it would shrink and it would also expand.

The Camera itself being mounted firmly on a tripod could not be a cause of the movement.

I am by nature a skeptic and would love to hear any scientific or technical reasons why this showed up in the movie.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join