It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

can anyone tell me what this is?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
ok so i go to check the current world disasters site and for starters man there is alot going on out there!!! but something caught my eye and theyhave no info on the event! it just says event in space! what happened in space over the united states that would be put into that website as a disaster or emergency? here is the link hisz.rsoe.hu...
edit on 20-1-2011 by matrix12 because: (no reason given)

here is description

An unusually bright shooting star shot across the sky Wednesday night, prompting sighting reports from the Chicago area to Indiana, a local astronomer said. A green-tinted burst was reported by amateur astronomers in LaPorte, Ind., just after 8 p.m.., said Adler Planetarium astronomer Chris Lintott. The shooting star, which was a meteor probably about the size of 10 grains of salt, likely didn't hit the ground or become a meteorite, he said. Meteoroids are pieces of material traveling through space that become meteors when they streak through the Earth's atmosphere and meteorites if they strike the ground. At least one motorist on a Chicago expressway also saw the flash.
edit on 20-1-2011 by matrix12 because: update

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
also there are 5 major floods going on in the world rite now
also there have been 10 biological hazards since the 11th which i am assuming are the animal deaths

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Event Description says this:

An unusually bright shooting star shot across the sky Wednesday night, prompting sighting reports from the Chicago area to Indiana, a local astronomer said. A green-tinted burst was reported by amateur astronomers in LaPorte, Ind., just after 8 p.m.., said Adler Planetarium astronomer Chris Lintott. The shooting star, which was a meteor probably about the size of 10 grains of salt, likely didn't hit the ground or become a meteorite, he said. Meteoroids are pieces of material traveling through space that become meteors when they streak through the Earth's atmosphere and meteorites if they strike the ground. At least one motorist on a Chicago expressway also saw the flash.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SerialLurker

thanks!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

why would that get put on that website if it was so insignificant?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
sure been alot of green meteors latley

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by matrix12

why would that get put on that website if it was so insignificant?

Probably it was put on there because it might have caused people to panic if they weren't sure what they'd just witnessed... a green meteor would be kind of freaky if you didn't know they existed!! Also because it could have been confused possibly by a laymen as being some kind of attack or missile, they have it on there just so it's on record as being harmless... maybe? I have no idea really, just speculating.

Currently having a look at the rest of the site, really interesting actually!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

yeahall kinds of crazy crap goin on

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Sorry, someone beat me to it, I just woke up
edit on 20-1-2011 by Divine Strake because: shooting stars are too damn high!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Divine Strake

there have been alot of green meteors latley, i wonder if they are breaking off of something bigger?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by matrix12

Could be. I remember a post where someone not too long ago, allegedly from the future I think. . .here on ATS said that we would see a green meteor or flash in the sky, and not to go outside for three days. Kinda weird.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Interesting. I love how these objects are noted after they have passed or disintegrate in Earth's atmosphere. Anyway, going into a little more detail, this is how an "event into space" is described on that website www.RSOE EDIS. What disturbs me is the last sentence, "This event included the serious incident in the outer space." Was this a serious incident?

"Event into space
Description: An impact event is the collision of a large meteorite, asteroid, comet, or other celestial object with the Earth or another planet. Throughout recorded history, hundreds of minor impact events (and exploding bolides) have been reported, with some occurrences causing deaths, injuries, property damage or other significant localised consequences. This event included the serious incident in the outer space."

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Has anyone noticed the downturn with events on RSOE over the last two days? I'm a firm believer that things are always quietest before a storm...

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
nope

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Kind of scary. A HAARP verison of a rainbow?

top topics

join