It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extremely credible source confirms we back-engineered alien technology.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheFlash
What makes you think that Corso is an "extremely credible source"?

Call it a hunch.........

Read his book and you may get the feeling he is telling the truth.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by downunderET

Call it a hunch.........

Read his book and you may get the feeling he is telling the truth.

I'm with you.

The easiest way for someone to argue an idea they don't fully understand is to try and discredit the source. Same happens with everything on these boards...rip apart the source. Well what about his genuine credentials? Explain please then why you feel the way you do about Corso...
edit on 20-1-2011 by Smell The Roses because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Kudos on stating clearly that the OP didn't quite do his homework before the post. Had you not stated this, I would have.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by VocalHero

Wow I think you guys are a bit over dramatic on the back pats. For one, who knows if these techs were fully developed into what they are now back then? Maybe we had ideas that we could make certain types of tech but didn't know how to get from point A to point B.

Um not sure but you guys do understand that is the main idea behind these concepts? That we were HELPED with technology in the sense that we were handed answers. Answers to questions we possibly already had. For example the military knew about lasers of course but look where lasers are today compared from when they were a thought to becoming a reality. We have laser weapons on the front of Boeings that make star wars look like a possibility.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by brindle

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

I saw the thread title and wondered who this "extremely credible source"was...when I saw it was Corso I was shocked!

I listened to his interview on ATS and I don't find him credible at all.
Why would you be shocked at corsos credentials? He has credentials out the yin yang.He was somebody trudeau relied on.He headed the foreign technology division.Please send your credentials so we can see if you have 1/100th of corsos.

What do "credentials" have to do with anything. Ever heard of a guy named Colin Powell? In case you havend his credentials include being a retired four-star general in the United States Army. He was the 65th United States Secretary of State (2001–2005), serving under President George W. Bush. He was the first African American appointed to that position. During his military career, Powell also served as National Security Advisor (1987–1989), as Commander of the U.S. Army Forces Command (1989) and as Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (1989–1993), holding the latter position during the Gulf War. He was the first, and so far the only, African American to serve on the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

To illustrate his credibility, Powell addressed a plenary session of the United Nations Security Council on February 5, 2003 to argue in favor of military action against Iraq. Citing numerous anonymous Iraqi defectors, Powell asserted that "there can be no doubt that Saddam Hussein has biological weapons and the capability to rapidly produce more, many more." Powell also stated that there was "no doubt in my mind" that Saddam was working to obtain key components to produce nuclear weapons.

Most observers praised Powell's oratorical skills. However, Britain's Channel 4 News reported soon afterward that a UK intelligence dossier that Powell had referred to as a "fine paper" during his presentation had been based on old material and plagiarized an essay by American graduate student Ibrahim al-Marashi. A 2004 report by the Iraq Survey Group concluded that the evidence that Powell offered to support the allegation that the Iraqi government possessed weapons of mass destruction (WMDs) was inaccurate.

In other words - spouting BS to achieve the agenda of his keepers. There are plenty of such examples.
edit on 20-1-2011 by TheFlash because: fix typo

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I have to say, that I own, and have read Corso's book, at least a few times.

Parts of it come off as genuine, but with a healthy dose of narcissism, and him trying to make himself out as the mild-mannered savior of humankind....

That said, he was in a position to do what he said, and certainly seemed to interact with the right people that could make this happen.

I do think his story of seeing the alien body sounds a bit out there...the circumstances, and location, just don't seem to add up as "kosher" to me...but all we can do is take it as his claims.

There are some intriguing details that were mentioned though... the octagonal computer chips, dark membranes over the eyes, and some other small things agree with some other not as widely-known reports, so it seems an odd coincidence, etc.

Still, his recollections should have been fact-checked by the co-author, and they weren't to some extent, which has given the skeptics many points on which to attack his credibility.

Do I think he farmed alien tech out to contractors? I think it's a good possibility

Do I think he saved us? No...but he sure feels like he did.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

What do "credentials" have to do with anything.

Powell a turd, everyone else a turd? Seems fallacious reasoning to me. The story about Powell reflects only on Powell. It does not negate the fact that someone with the right credentials, authority, position and a possible need to know should be listened to and taken seriously. Obviously, It also does not mean we should not be critical.

I do not make a claim regarding the authenticity of Corso's statements. I am undecided.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smell The Roses
The video focuses a bit on Philip Corso, the author of The Day After Roswell. He says he saw the bodies, and the wreckage from the Roswell incident and that the cover up is and has always been real. He is an extremely credible source that needs to be more looked into.

"While at the foreign technology desk at the Pentagon, Corso's secret mission was to feed American defense contractors like Bell Labs, Hughes Aircraft, IBM and General Electric with alien components which were then back engineered into advanced weaponry that would eventually find it's way to high tech commercial applications."

First Transistor invented - Bell Labs 1947

These are the lists he said he was personally involved with General Trudeau getting into the industrial complex.

-Image intensifiers that eventually became night vision
-Fiber optics
-Super tenacity fibers, this is what became things like Kevlar.
-Lasers
-Molecular alignment metallic alloys
-Integrated circuits and micro miniaturization of logic boards

You can skip ahead to 14:00 minutes if you want to, but I suggest you watch the whole thing. Another man named David Adair who was hired by the government at 17 and created his first rocket at 11, speaks out around 25:00-30:00. He is talking about a symbiotic engine, stating the alien spacecraft had an engine that was "alive". The pilots he explains, control the craft with their thought waves. Adair isn't the first genius to state that living, organic, alien technology is in our possession.

edit on 20-1-2011 by Smell The Roses because: (no reason given)

If anyone reads history, you can see how all this ties together, you can see how, the technology they are talking about makes perfect sense. How they say that the bodies they found in 47, were engineered, not actual being, almost like living robots to collect information and perform certain task. Probably why they crash so much ( ha ha ). Its just really fascinating how it all makes sense going back 300,000 years to when we were given a genetic kick start by people that called themselves our gods. Everything, all the way to the Nazi's up to America;s black ops. I only wish I could have a chance to work with and drive some of these awesome craft.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Smell The Roses

Not really. The Law of Accelerating Returns explains this perfectly. The common assumption regarding technology is that it develops at a linear pace. However, if one actually plots the development of technology it actually follows an exponential pace. Therefore, for a while it will appear that technology is slowly moving forward, but eventually you will reach a point where technological development starts making large strides forward in a short period of time, and as time progresses major breakthroughs will keep coming at shorter and shorter intervals.We reached this point in the 20th century and one can expect even greater developments in the coming years.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jclmavg

The point he's trying to make is that an argument cannot be based on an appeal to authority. Just because Corso has credentials does not make his story true. In fact there are many inconsistencies with his story that would suggest it is false, while the only "evidence" his supporters can provide is the fact that his name is Philip Corso and he held the positions he claims to have held. They can offer no evidence as to what exactly his duties were and whether or not his story is true.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Parts of it come off as genuine, but with a healthy dose of narcissism, and him trying to make himself out as the mild-mannered savior of humankind....

I think some of the book itself was used by various government agencies as disinformation. Corso was a company man, and a spook until the day he died. I get the feeling his memoir was hijacked to do a little damage control for the Roswell 50th Anniversary. According to him, the original book really didn't have much Roswell stuff in it at all, but he was "encouraged" to put more in by other people. There's some doubt as to whether it really had anything to do with Roswell, anyway.

It's hard to tell what's true and what isn't. A lot of people will point and say that it was impossible for Corso to have seeded new technology into industry, since many of the things he talks about had already been invented. But that's just the point. It had been invented, but was languishing, or not finding fast enough application. They didn't create anything, but merely helped development along. Some of the stuff was worthless, and continues to be. Like the stuff that allows pilots to psychically interact with their ships. We don't have a similar technology, so that bit wasn't very useful. But the other stuff? Who knows?

The dumb thing is that Corso had tons of notes he was using to write the original manuscript and a second one. Apparently it contained a lot of information about the time travelers (not aliens), and included a lot of technical information. It was even posted on a website for a brief time a while back. Unfortunately, it was pulled off as a result of legal and physical threats. I don't know of anyone who managed to snag a copy before it went bye-bye.

Either way, its a curious thing. Without hard evidence to back it up, it's just an old man telling stories. Can't accept any of it, really. But that doesn't stop it from being a verified Air Force officer talking about UFOs, which is something a lot of people on this board dream of happening every day.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Bernard schnitzel, i miss you.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
the way aliens control spaceships is the way you control your arm.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by jclmavg

The point he's trying to make is that an argument cannot be based on an appeal to authority. Just because Corso has credentials does not make his story true. In fact there are many inconsistencies with his story that would suggest it is false, while the only "evidence" his supporters can provide is the fact that his name is Philip Corso and he held the positions he claims to have held. They can offer no evidence as to what exactly his duties were and whether or not his story is true.

I'm glad that someone gets the point.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
We've gone over Corso many times here at ATS. Search his name and you'll find quite a few threads. Read the threads themselves and you will discover that Corso is not quite the "extremely credible source" you think he is. I have his book and have read it a couple of times. I also am usually not smitten with disinfo theories which pop up so casually around here, but if I were to pick the most likely disinfo person ever it would be Corso. Here are both some positive and negative things about Corso that you may find interesting. Also, before we start, please excuse typos. I need new glasses and have a hard time reading the screen.

1. Corso was very unhappy with the final draft of his book, co-written by Bill Birnes of UFO Hunters fame. We're not quire sure what he didn't like, but he was livid at the outcome. he died before anyone could find out precisely what his issues were.

2. Corso tended to exaggerate. He told people that it was he and he alone who was responsible for saving Italy from a communist takeover after WW II. He told people he was a member of the National Secuity Council when in fact he was assigned to it as an aide. There is controversy over this as some people claim it was a slip of the tongue or that he never said it and people misunderstood. Nonsense. He said it and likely knew it was an exaggeration. Chalk this one up to dementia if you want, but it's pretty clear that's what he said. You can see this when you listen to his interviews. He'll say, "Back when I was extremely high up in intelligence working in the White House...." for example. He wants you to be impressed with him.

3. Corso's career was not remarkable in any respect. He never worked in his MOS (Military Occupational Specialty) and was "attached" to various commands throughout his career. He only had one minor 'command' posting in Europe after WW II. In other words, he was what you might call an 'auxilliary" officer, not one in the command and control path. He retired after over 20 years as a Lt. Colonel. This is respectable, certainly, but in military circles a career officer is more or less expected to make full colonel before retirement. This is shy of those expectations. Now, lots of things can derail your career, including the military draw down after WW II. The exact same thing happened to my own father-in-law. Lots of people seem to be extremely impressed that Corso was a Lt. Col., calling him "very high up." These folks have obviously never been in the military, particularly in the officer ranks. Lieutenant General is very high up; Lieutenant Colonel is not. He absolutely had to have been passed over for promotion at some time in his career, which is normally the kiss of death to a military officer.

A side note. This is unfair, but it is oten true. Corso was of diminuitive stature and very odd looking. In a macho male army culture this could not have bode well for him. The bigger you are the better you do in the army. Is this discrimination? You bet it is. It also may explain Corso's attitude, the little guy trying to act big. Think Harlan Ellison. And yes, it's unfair.

4. Corso keeps being at the right place at the right time. Not only was he privy to this technology, he accidentally was at the base that had the alien bodies and was off-handedly shown them as a curiosity. He also just happened to be at a UFO sighting, talked with the occupants, and initiated a shut down of the radar systems so the UFO could take off. Corso's experiences as a whole strain credulity. You mean to tell me the biggest secret of all time is on base and someone casually says, "Hey Phil! Get a load of this!" Right. It strikes me that Bob Lazar is in very much the same position. He's told enough lies that have been caught out to cause him to be dismissed, yet there's that W-2 form....a perfect disinfo candidate.

5. Corso's claims about seeding technology don't really square with the history of the technologies themselves, as has been poiinted out above. You don't need Corso to account for the invention of the integrated circuit or fiber optics. Neitehr was a "leap" in technology, but rather yet another refinement in technologies going back over 100 years. NONE of the technologies he says he seeded "suddenly" popped into existence.

6. Despite the problems detailed above by all accounts Corso was a good soldier, followed orders, and was proud of his military service. There's nothing to indicate he was iconoclastic in any way. I don't think he can simply be dismissed as an old guy making up stories for his grandkids and trying to make a few bucks with his swan song book.

For this reason I suspect (but, of course, do not know for sure) that Corso was carrying out orders to the letter to spread this story, knowing full well it as full of holes big enough to drive a Mack truck through. That begs the question of the seeding of alien technology, of course. It's just that we don;t need aliens to explain the invention of integrated circuits.

Anti-gravity? Well, now that's a different story......

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
The problem that I always have with the assumption that governments have "crashed" flying saucers is how could beings that are so advanced produce vehicles that fail so easily.

I would think that as they worked the bugs out of their saucers, that they would have improved the reliability of them as well.

In the same vain, how could we, a relatively primitive people, shoot down a UFO?

Wouldn't that be like an ant colony shooting down the stealth bomber?

I'm not saying the ETs don't exist. I'm not saying the UFOs don't exist. I am saying that when we have the technology to go to different star systems, that our technology will prevent us from crashing once we arrive. After we've been visiting other planets for any length of time, I doubt that our ships will fail very often.

Just my 2 cents

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Why do you say this 'whistle-blower' is not credible? Surely you would have to be 'in the know' to be able to say that. If so, deny ignorance and out with it...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Lazars W-2 isnt a factor.
as shown here:
www.stantonfriedman.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

The theory I am really starting to lean to is that at the end of the war the Germans developed this tech. I suspect they had an escape route planned when the war began to turn against them. I think many of them escaped to the poles and South America and possibly the Moon and Mars.

There are just some very strange things that happened around WWII.. the way we seemed to let these Nazi's in South America go about their business. The UFO sightings that started happening after the war. If the UFOs seen flying over the capital in the 50s weren't alien and weren't us then who were they? I think it's got to be either the Germans or the Russians. From what I have seen it seems much more likely it was the Germans. I also find the connection between the Germans and countries in South america and the fact that we here in Amercia know so little aobut Sotuh America. It's like that part of the world doesn't even exist to us here in America. Is our media, which is possibly controlled by our government, intentionally ignoring this part of the world for a reason? I have also read about the Nazi's eugenics program in Germany being inspired by very wealthy businessmen in the US at the turn of the 20th century.
edit on 21-1-2011 by 8311-XHT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by brindle

I saw the thread title and wondered who this "extremely credible source"was...when I saw it was Corso I was shocked!

Why would you be shocked at corsos credentials? He has credentials out the yin yang.He was somebody trudeau relied on.He headed the foreign technology division.Please send your credentials so we can see if you have 1/100th of corsos.
I didn't mention Corso's credentials, but credentials are only one aspect of a person to examine when considering credibility. And I'm not as impressed with Corso's credentials as you are. Why do you need my credentials, I'm not telling any fantastic stories?

For example, the president of Iran, and the president of North Korea are president of an entire country. That gives them higher authority than Corso, credential wise, but that doesn't mean I believe a word they say.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join