It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anne Hathway cast as catwomen in new batman film

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Yep I just saw it on www.batman-news.com

I think this was a bad casting choice. I dont think she can pull this off. Im not expecting this film to top the dark night. I think this will be the final cash grab for this franchise before they reboot it again in a couple years

batman-news.com...
edit on 20-1-2011 by q_ball because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Yeah ...thats a bad call on Nolan's part. They could of easily done it with someone less famous and got better results. But we never know, I didnt really expect Ledger to pull of what he did untill I started seeing screen shots and previews.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I wouldn't mind seeing that...

...erm, I've always been a fan of Batman.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
To be honest, she bombed in Alice in Wonderland--my all time favorite movie btw. Seriously a disgraceful acting job. Wanna disgrace Batman too? Come ON people! Who is casting this crap? Whatever, I will never watch it anyway. Just wanna put it out there that she ruined the AIW experience for me-- epic remake

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
could be a cash in on her fame as a flavour of the month

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
To be honest, the woman can barely act to save her life. This is a horrible choice in casting this role. What are they thinking?!? I really can't watch much of anything shes in, she is terrible!.. It looks like I will be skipping the next Batman movie.

When will hollywood learn... if the actor/actress don't have the acting chops, then don't give them the part. I am tired of seeing good roles going to people who don't deserve them.
edit on 20-1-2011 by iamlizzyb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I guess I am the only one here who isnt disappointed in the choice.

Think throwback to the original series, Ms Hathaway i think would do fine.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I agree, bad choice. But I also don't think they are going to introduce Catwoman yet. They've only announced her as Selina Kyle. I think they are gonna introduce the character then we'll see her as Catwoman in the next movie. Though Nolan won't be directing, as he's announced this will be his last in the franchise, which I think is another bummer for the series.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
After seeing Blake Lively in The Town I thought ... Yeah, she could pull off an edgy Selina Kyle.

Will reserve judgement till the first trailer. Still hoping for a Selina / Talia / Bats love triangle.

I also don't like Tom Hardy as Bane. I wanted Hardy to play Superman and get his # kicked by Batman ... Frank Miller style.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I agree, poor choice for catwoman.

I think the big news is Tom Hardy being cast as Bane, which may be the saving grace of this movie.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Come on people...what's wrong with yall...

Anne Hathaway in a catsuit???? That alone is worth the price of admission...

I for one cannot wait...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Am I the only one that thought the new Batman sucked? I mean, they just sucked harder and then even more harder once Heath became the Joker. Am I the only one???

Yours respectfully with a mouth full of gravel,
Shane

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by q_ball

Do not care who they cast i will not be watching, todays movies are garbage.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I have zero interest in seeing Catwoman in a movie ever again. Bane, on the other hand, is probably going to have justice done to his character finally after his terrible portrayals in Batman and Robin and the animated series.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Anne Hathaway in a catsuit???? That alone is worth the price of admission...

Anne Hathaway is sweet and cute vs. hot and sexy.... Megan Fox would have been a better choice imho....or some other hottie who can act the seductress role. I'm not sure Anne has it in her repertoire, though guess we'll see.

Am I the only one that thinks she looks like a living Disney Princess? (Anne)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Anne Hathaway is sweet and cute vs. hot and sexy.... Megan Fox would have been a better choice imho....or some other hottie who can act the seductress role. I'm not sure Anne has it in her repertoire, though guess we'll see.

My wife and I for years have thought of Hathaway as this generations Hepburn, specifially the Breakfast at Tiffany's era.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

I have found in my life though that the sweet princesses are the one who can really turn into , well, a catwoman..
I'm thinking (hoping) that this role will bring out the "bad" in her...

we shall see.... (and I shall dream)....

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I think, for what it's worth, that she will out-do Halle Berry, but not come close to Michelle Pfeiffer.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by shamus78

Yes Shamus- you're the only one.....

But seriously- you didn't like "The Dark Knight"? That's one of the best movies to come out of Hollywood in YEARS....

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Michelle Pfeiffer, so the best Catwoman so far. But I agree in that Catwoman has to be very sexy in a way that I really don't think Anne Hathaway can pull it off. She's always going to be a 'Disney Princess". I think Tom Hardy has the ability to turn this movie into something epic, but I hope they give him the time to beef up and not turn him into a CGI cartoon.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join