It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the Government Just attack my computer on ATS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I am posting this in the rant section because I am ticked off. I was on a long streak of not getting attacked by friggin a virus. I was posting in a thread and boom, my antivirus starts going haywire. Now I don't know if you guys/gals take this crap well but I know it strikes a nerve in my body. Why the hel- would anybody get off on screwing with someone's computer like that? I do not know jack about viruses but I am learning fast because of some crazy person(to be politically correct) wants to get their jollys off ruining someones computer. I like to think it is the NSA or CIA messing with me for looking up too much of their dirty secrets.(LOL)
I would like to know about viruses if anybody reads this and gives a hoot. And if not it feels better letting off some steam. Was this caused by someone on purpose, or is is accidently brought on board by someone without good protection? We may never know.

Here is the list that I copied to word and pasted it here. Edited for my protection of course.

Category: Norton Product Tamper Protection
Date & Time,Risk,Activity,Status,Recommended Action,Date,Actor,Actor PID,Target,Target PID,Action,Reaction
1/20/2011 12:31 AM,Medium,Unauthorized access blocked (Send Terminate Message to Window),Blocked,No Action Required,"Thursday, January 20, 2011 12:31 AM
1/20/2011 12:31 AM,Medium,Unauthorized access blocked (Send Terminate Message to Window),Blocked,No Action Required,"Thursday, January 20, 2011 12:31 AM",
1/20/2011 12:19 AM,Medium,Unauthorized access blocked (Send Terminate Message to Window),Blocked,No Action Required,"Thursday, January 20, 2011 12:19 AM",

P.S. don't worry I scanned multiple times
edit on 20-1-2011 by liejunkie01 because: dint to don't

edit on 20-1-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I am so ticked I need to go out and smoke. IT is snowing and cold as ----

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
happend to me also on the same thread

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I dont know much about virus' either, but I would think its probably safe to say that since your anti-virus blocked it, it most likely was not the CIA. They have hackers good enough that you wouldn't know they were there. Also, since it was blocked, then you shouldn't have any problems from it

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Try DLing Malwarebytes if u havent got it. It's free and usually does the trick but I've never used it with Win 7.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
I dont know much about virus' either, but I would think its probably safe to say that since your anti-virus blocked it, it most likely was not the CIA. They have hackers good enough that you wouldn't know they were there. Also, since it was blocked, then you shouldn't have any problems from it

I would think so too. but maybe they just want you to get so ticked you go and kick the neighbors dog and get new charges brought on you. lol I feel much better after my smoke. Blood pressure is still high.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by matrix12

I seen where you was complaining about your posts. Maybe we should send that fella a message to check his security status.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
wow i though people would have a basic knowledge of computers around here. Basically whatever you did on/ at Thursday, January 20, 2011 12:31 AM caused something or someone to get into your computer and since they failed. the Norton Virus Protection program alerted you that the thing was terminated but it thinks that it never alerted you. So it will keep happening... I dont have a visual view but if i did i could probably fix it... AND NO! the government didnt attack your computer because i know how they would do that and there would be no error messages. Your computer would not even exist if they attacked it. AND....Your N.V.P is on replay... just delete the message somehow.... hope i helped

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Disemboweled

Thank you

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
A combination of Spybot, AntiVir Antivirus and Peerblocker has seen my computer virus-free for over 4 years now.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Iv often wondered weather the anti virus companies actually pay some computer whizz to make the viruses.

Hence causing the need for virus protection!

If all of these virus have been created by rogue hackers just to piss of people they dont know or are ever going to meet then there is a hell of a lot of sad people out there making virus's!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by RandalFlagg
Iv often wondered weather the anti virus companies actually pay some computer whizz to make the viruses.

Hence causing the need for virus protection!

If all of these virus have been created by rogue hackers just to piss of people they dont know or are ever going to meet then there is a hell of a lot of sad people out there making virus's!

I have also wondered about this. I was pretty ticked when I was typing the thread. lol

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Hmmm ,I had a similar experience here .Please read the following post www.abovetopsecret.com... for background and then the third to last to hear what happened to me and the last for the result .The IT TECK's said they have never seen anything like it .
edit on 20-1-2011 by 13th Zodiac because: Forgot to add link

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Wow, that is crazy. You found something and they paid you a visit. I believe it. The black coats is what I call them.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Ill make it short and sweet,

If you detected it, then it was NO gov.

Please excuse the one liner as it is something i try and avoid at all costs, but some replies require cut and dry responses.

top topics

join