It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trying to classify ATS members into groups :)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Since I've registered ATS I somehow "spoted" some different types of people. Of course each of us is unique still I tought it could be "fun" to describe people posting on ATS into somehow "representative groups".

Of course I will not try to make any describtion about "read only people", the ones not posting, which represent among ATS traffic I guess a vast majority.

Also I tought about naming some guys specificaly but I don't like the method and possible result (and drama) neither it may add any usefull informations, rather I prefer to present my post as a "guide" somehow to help the reader "profiling" a little the people they may be reading/interacting with on ATS.

I'll start from the "less interesting" to the go the "most interesting" although there is no real order.

"The evil soul":
The evil soul is a sinister spirit (lol) wishing to add more mess and doubt into a thread/subject and thus somehow into people mind. He rarely start a new thread but like to make one post here and there in order to add more confusion and chaos by intentionaly misleading or just disinform for "fun". Most of the time he is not interested about the subject he posts about and if he leaks a real information, it's almost sure it's by mistake or in order to misslead further his readers later.
The evil soul might prosper well on ATS as nobody spoting his foolish attitude, he also get rarely censured and might spit his evil messages (lol) without anybody noticing for years and years.

"The troll":
The troll is a troll
Hard to know what the troll as to say because his post are deleted/replaced by a banner. There are all kind of troll, some are just funny wishing joke, some are angry insulting others. Some troll might even be posting ultra top secret information that "may need" to be censured by the moderators, who know

Depending his troll posting frequency the troll might survive for a while on ATS or get banned. Also maybe not all trolls seems equal on ATS.

"The n00b"
The noob is the guy just discovering ATS and the conpiracy theories in the meantime, most of the time he had no ideas about those subject prior to ATS. The noob is quite easily submerged with tons of weird informations he didn't have idea about couples of hours/days/months before getting on this website. They are different types of noob but they all share the same caracteristics and you can reconize them quite easily since they like to ask tons of random question about all kind of topic. Another caracteristic of the noob is he cannot create a new thread so it push him even more the ask random question about things he has no clue about in others member thread. Most of the time the noob is nice and easygoing. He is not a source of information but neither of disinformation.

"The fed agent in activity/working"
ATS may not be a free party, there may be feds agents in activity/working (mostly from United States I guess) watching and posting and interacting with user on this website. Most of the time they seems to like to ask questions about various subject and you may reconize them as there new thread look like sometimes like a "poll" (which is kinda funny). Also they may like to propagate commonly known/admited theories about various subject and to start thread about commmon subject to propagate those same "admited theories". Most of the time they are poor source of informations if no disinformation and maybe the best to do is just to avoid them and not to get into their focus no matter what you say is right or wrong, provocative or not. Also the fed seems to work in "pair" with another fed when posting in a thread. Most of the time the fed agent user imay bes a "well established" user with many post and many S&F.

"The teenager"
The teenager might be spoted as a "noob", but most of the time he is not. The teenager is curious like the noob, but going further he might spend hours and hours writing on ATS about a subject he "studied", or seek the internet, try to find documents etc etc. Most of them might just seek ATS "superficialy" for "fun reading" and passing time, posting few funny comments. Still sometimes some of them might goes into real "investigation" because they get really interested by a topic. They can be valuable source of information.

To be continued.. ? (very incomplete)
edit on 20-1-2011 by moltquedelo because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-1-2011 by moltquedelo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Id love an example of a thread or two YOU believe was written by a fed agent. Only because I was thinking of doing a thread on it, but you beat me to the punch....sort of.

Originally posted by moltquedelo

"The fed agent in activity/working"
ATS may not be a free party, there are feds agents in activity/working (mostly of the United States of America) watching and posting and interacting with user on the website. Most of the time they like to ask questions about various subject, you may reconize them as there new thread look like sometimes like a "poll" (which is kinda funny). Also they like to propagate commonly known/admited theories about various subject and like to start thread about commmon subject to propagate those same "admited theories". Most of the time they are poor source of informations and maybe the best to do is just to avoid them not to get into their focus, not matter what you say is right or wrong, provocative or not. Also they might work in "pair" when posting in a thread.

edit on 20-1-2011 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

just do it yourself if YOU feel to... i don't really like it and its not the purpose of this thread but if you want to post examples in this thread feel free.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
cough..cough..mobile ats'er... cough. we are limited to read and reply only. no u2u's no way of starting new threads (like the evil souls). i guess we are labeled below... what would you classify us under?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Interesting. Not a fan of labeling the types of people that you will find on ATS, However for what it is worth, I think there are quite a few you left out.... and for what it is worth, If there are any feds posting here, it is few and far between, and most likely they are posting here for the same reasons you and I are....

Not to be a downer, but we aren't that special.

But yeah, I think there are several more labels you could include. Though I will not add my ideas because I don't like the idea of labeling people.

Peace and love.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
The only ones worth reading on this site are the unbiased investigators who do not have an agenda. The rest, especially the opinionated extremists, are for the birds and a waste of bandwidth, although their sensationalist crap is good for drawing in the multitude of knee jerk reactionaries.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

reply to post by amongus

just do it yourself if YOU feel to... i don't really like it and its not the purpose of this thread but if you want to post examples in this thread feel free.

What? You post a list of groups that you classify us into, but cant provide a friggin example because "you don't like to".

Lazy, and worthless thread.

Move along then

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
It's a bit insulting to members of ATS.

Does that make me a troll or the evil soul?

I'm starting to notice cliques on this site, I hope I'm wrong.
edit on 20-1-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by moltquedelo

"The Average ATS member":

A person who posts, to the best of their ability, at any given moment, what they feel is relevant to the conversation. Sometimes this may be as simply as a statement of agreement or support. Other times it may be a joke, quip, or observation that, while not exactingly "on topic" still adds to the quality of the thread. But, often, this type of member will post insightful, personal, enlightening, informative, even moving dialogue that not only furthers the information included in the OP, but actually can lift the thread, itself, to an even higher level.

The "average ATS member" comes in many varieties, from a plethora of backgrounds and nations, representing the bulk of the varying aspects of human experience. The trait most common about these posters is that they consider ATS to be something special and unique on the Internet and they work, diligently, to maintain the standards that they, themselves, expect here.

Say what you want about any and all potential categories... I'll stake my reputation, bankroll, and trust in this ONE group of posters. Most of the ones you've pigeonholed, thus far, are simply blurred objects in my rear view as I traverse the information superhighway.

~Heff

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Since Heff showed up I'm going to add a new group

The transcendent
These posters have been around ATS for a little while, seen every topic discussed over and over again and given their opinion on each of them at least ten times.

Their path leads them into a small corner of ATS unknown by many where people transcend conspiracy theory talk and move on to never ending mobius loop type infinite discussions on the merits of a certain tasty pork product.

Heff is the god of such people and is leading them to the promised land in his baconmobile

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by moltquedelo

Wow you're trying to classify ATS members into groups!!

Well good luck with that.

No wait a minute i got it....we are all a bit.......(
:barf
!!!!

Cosmic...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

Ok this thread is not that interesting and also its long to write something somehow exhaustive and the overall intrest is very low

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

reply to post by Cosmic4life

Ok this thread is not that interesting and also its long to write something somehow exhaustive and the overall intrest is very low

And also...you're 12.

Pointless work you did here pal. You're going to classify groups of ats posters, but when asked to provide examples, you say you "don't care to".

I'm still blown away by your reply to me. Sorry, but that is MY example of my new "group" I came up with... The "I joined the wrong website" group. Go pass that crap somewhere else....
edit on 21-1-2011 by amongus because: (no reason given)

join