It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green Card Emigrate Free Ticket to Idol?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
American Idol Bringing Politics and Immigration Issues
Ok i am really pissed about this and you gotta hear it, during the debut of the show they featured a long range of Teen contestants for the first time, but nowhere i was about to be shocked until the near end of the show.

Politics In Idol

The next singer is 16-year-old a war refugee from Kosovo whose father won a green-card lottery to emigrate to the United States. So her family knows all about the feeling of getting the "golden ticket." Now they know it twice.

The singer is an Albanian immigrant and not even an American! how come she can come and sing in an all american tv show? what makes her special Is it because shes Albanian?

I ask of you ATS viewers how many serbs, russians, Italians or any other immigrants tired getting an green card and been put on the American Idol?

And here's the media propaganda and a claim that Americans don't know anything about Kosovo so they told and needed the girl to keep up with myth that the Serbs were the only aggressors and that Albanians were the only victims, here's the ticker.

www.hitfix.com...

9:16 p.m. The last contestant of the day is from Kosovo. Since "American Idol" viewers don't know anything about Kosovo, we get an assortment of documentary images to provide context to the journey that brought her to our shores. Melinda Ademi wants the American Dream, but can she sing? Yes. "I like that you're very pretty and beautiful," 234-year-old Steven Tyler coos. The other two judges agree.

Since "American Idol" viewers don't know anything about Kosovo, we get an assortment of documentary images to provide context to the journey that brought her to our shores.

My opinion

To ATS i was actually pretty surprised when she came and said i am not american but Albanian her voice wasnt that great, there were others that singed pretty good.

But the important question why is American idol doing this what do they think they will gain from this?
i for one think this is an outrage and special treatment of ethnic group and well be indifferent to other ethnics.

This was a very bad move by American idol
What do you think about this?

edit on 20-1-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
it's american idol, of course they don't mind selling out american views.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

what do you expect?? its "american" idol. its rigged like the elections lol..

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

This sounds more like a 'rant' than a political issue.

I dont think citizenship is a prerequisite to sing, and sing well in her case. I watched it, she wasnt that bad, and the whole thing took only a few minutes, it wasnt like they aired a 60 minute documentary on Kosovo.

And the source you used is nothing more than an opinion piece.

You are entitled to your opinion, and I respect that, but this really isnt a political issue.
What made you think that it was?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme

This sounds more like a 'rant' than a political issue.

I don't think citizenship is a prerequisite to sing, and sing well in her case. I watched it, she wasnt that bad, and the whole thing took only a few minutes, it wasn't like they aired a 60 minute documentary on Kosovo.

And the source you used is nothing more than an opinion piece.

You are entitled to your opinion, and I respect that, but this really isn't a political issue.
What made you think that it was?

If it isn't about a political issue, if you watched it you might have noticed how they changed there tone when she talked about Kosovo and the way the tone of the music was been played?

And also i don't remember seeing the issue of bringing politics into the american idol before maybe there was and i might have missed it.

Well Kosovo still is a political issue yet i don't understand why american idol would bring there usual american political views into a scripted talented show in regrets with standing issue of Kosovo.

If the the mods don't see this as an political issue they can move my thread.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
She is a teenager who was brought here when she was a toddler, her dream is to be a singer and she is pretty good at that. Her back story is she is from Kosovo no conspiracy here lighten up she waited in line like everyone else and got no special treatment. Here parents said they love America and this is their home now I don' see any problem with it. It has nothing to do with the politics of the Baltic's. Its a reality show they like to have some drama in the back stories of some of the contestants that's what they do. Like being from war torn Kosovo, and the other kid from the Bronx whose family was homeless, and that girl whose father had cancer etc. what do you expect?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I love the fact that the judge is 234 years old (see quote from OP). Is this why they keep on picking terrible singers?

Anyway good luck to her, she can't be worse than any of the others.
edit on 20/1/2011 by deltaalphanovember because: the judge is quoted as being 234 years old! Not the singer. my bad.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaalphanovember
I love the fact that the judge is 234 years old (see quote from OP). Is this why they keep on picking terrible singers?

Anyway good luck to her, she can't be worse than any of the others.
edit on 20/1/2011 by deltaalphanovember because: the judge is quoted as being 234 years old! Not the singer. my bad.

I hope not and pray someone else wins even if the American idol is scripted, the Albanians are already using this as a rational, of a pro extremist Albanian nationalism and comments such like these.

well done Melinda Well done USALBANIA Well done USA and thank you so much

If anyone didn't noticed, Ademi used that moment to attack an whole country and demonized the entire Serbian people, this what she stated during her story speech.

“When Yugoslavia broke up, Serbia wanted to get rid of all the other cultures, so they forced them out of their homes.” And that’s the whole story.

Typical eh? her story isn't even true, When Yugoslavia broke up all three sides were guilty of everything during the war.
Serbia wanted to destroy the terrorist organization the KLA and thus wanted law and order but since they were heading into a trap, NATO joined in helping the KLA terrorist group which was supported by bin laden.

The KLA terrorists behead men,women,children of the two other ethnic groups in kosovo which were Romas, Serbs.

The KLA terrorists were photographed seen them playing with the dead bodies heads.

Of course you didn't hear that in the western news media at 6:00 Clock, the western governments already choice the sides and the outcome of the war even before the war even started.

Just imagine if a Palestinian came to American Idol and would say that Jews are trying to get rid of all the Arabs in the Middle East? Would that be alright with you or the viewers?

I don't think so

edit on 25-1-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vicky32

" there were others that singed pretty good."
??????????????????????????????????????
Is English not your first language? If that's so, why be so het up about American issues?
Vicky
(Sang pretty well is what it ought to be of course.. I am saying that in case English is your second language, so as to give you some assistance. I am an ESOL teacher.
)
edit on 25/1/11 by Vicky32 because: To add something...

You know whats that it is called an Off Topic Offense Attack, sorry but i don't believe you that your an ESOL teacher

Maybe you should see the rules of ATS before attacking me or anyone like that again Newbie.

and people who speak Prefect English, don't write down that many multiple question marks, and the last time i checked people don't use Sang.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Originally posted by Vicky32

" there were others that singed pretty good."
??????????????????????????????????????
Is English not your first language? If that's so, why be so het up about American issues?
Vicky
(Sang pretty well is what it ought to be of course.. I am saying that in case English is your second language, so as to give you some assistance. I am an ESOL teacher.
)
edit on 25/1/11 by Vicky32 because: To add something...

You know whats that it is called an Off Topic Offense Attack, sorry but i don't believe you that your an ESOL teacher

Maybe you should see the rules of ATS before attacking me or anyone like that again Newbie.

and people who speak Prefect English, don't write down that many multiple question marks, and the last time i checked people don't use Sang.

WTF? I was offering my help, in case your mistakes were made because you're a learner! Well, that's me told! I was not trying to cause offence... but have it your own way.
I am an ESOL teacher, but never mind - your loss.
Sang is the past participle of sing, but I suppose that's not used in whatever benighted rural part of Kentucky what you done come from, y'all..
I wasn't attacking you then, but I certainly am now. You have just reminded me why I won't answer messages from Americans on penpal and social network sites.
Thanks for the reminder of what lovely charming insightful people y'all are.

V.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
i recall a simular situvation from sweden ,

a Troubadour tried to get his swedish nationaity for years only to get denied due to bad language skills
even thou he is today one of the most known for his swedish prose,

last time he got denied sweden was "importing" a boxer so they could attend the olympic games , ...

top topics

join